2022 Tesla Cybertruck and the Ford Executive Challenge

Carbon82

Laminated glass say laminated glass why give so many fancy names?

Marketing gimmick spoil consumers' brains.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Jman888 said:

with bulletproof window?

Q2MPXLAOJUI6VACUFCNO63RYUM.jpg

Here is the "excuse"... Haha... It is actually quite funny.

60CE3E62-C1FE-4AFF-8723-3643CA6F7CFE.jpeg

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

The F-150 is already a big pickup truck. Locally I think there are some Ford Ranger on our roads. This is how it size up against the F-150.

f-150-vs-ranger.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The Tesla one looks even larger.

ut1h80ucw9kdqwbeatka.jpg

fbn2a1gazcryxgrpoi1m.jpg

rfs2ojuve4sslctvpurj.jpg

• Praise 6

Internal Moderator

Tesla Cybertruck will serve and protect with Dubai police force

source: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesla-cybertruck-dubai-police-force/

The emirate's legendary fleet of police vehicles confirmed it'll add a Cybertruck to its pricey portfolio.

EKUNeVWXsAAifaw.jpg

If there's one place in the world where speeding is an even poorer choice than usual, it's Dubai. Situated in the United Arab Emirates, the oil-rich city state is home to a seriously impressive fleet of police cars that wouldn't seem out of place in a Need For Speed game.

Now it's getting what I think I can safely call one of the most controversial vehicles in recent years. On Tuesday, the Dubai Police's official Twitter account tweeted an image confirming it will add a Tesla Cybertruck to its fleet. The Cybertruck will serve alongside other metal such as the Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari FF and many more. Most recently, the department added a Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S.

Major General Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri, the commander-in-chief of Dubai Police, says the Tesla Cybertruck will serve in tourist-heavy areas, Arabian Business reports. 

Knowing Dubai's tastes, I have to imagine whenever it's time to spec its Cybertruck, it'll be looking at the top-of-the-line model that Tesla says will boast a 500-plus mile range. That model also uses a tri-motor system that will surely make plenty of power. Horsepower wasn't discussed at the reveal, but CEO Elon Musk said the electric pickup will go from 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds. That's plenty quick to hang with some of the best that currently serve in the Dubai Police's ranks.

Part of the allure may also be the Cybertruck's strength. During the reveal, Tesla staff hit the pickup with a sledgehammer to no effect, and Musk further claimed it'll stop some small arms fire. The super strong windows, however, may need more time to bake with engineering. The demonstration to prove their resistance failed spectacularly during the reveal.

So far, the company floated a 250,000-strong figure for the number of preorders it's received for the electric truck, with eager Cybertruckers plunking down $100 apiece. Dubai's cops will, surely, be at the top of the list whenever Tesla gets around to starting production.

I am very sure they need one. hmmm.

Some engineers are challenging the result of the tug-of-war between Tesla Cybertruck and Ford F-150...:grin:

The video breaks the demo down into three parts, or, three myths to be debunked: the belief that electric cars have more low-end torque, math that proves this whole thing is pretty pointless, and exactly what kind of impact that the hill has on things.

I’ll let Fenske explain the actual facts and math here, because I’m no expert and I know that I’ll absolutely butcher it. But at the very core, the F-150 has more than enough low-end torque to handle itself. Torque isn’t the reason why Tesla “won” here.

But it’s hard to do the math to calculate the amount of force each truck can pull with because, well, we don’t know how much the Cybertruck weighs. Fenske assumes that it’s around 6,000 lbs at its lightest, which would give it a weight advantage over the F-150. But the F-150 also looks to be rear-wheel drive—meaning that the Tesla is able to accelerate with at least three times as much force as the Ford. It doesn’t really show anything.

Fenske then looks at how those forces would work on a pretty generous incline because... the video doesn’t really look like it’s, y’know, actually on much of a hill. Ultimately, even there, the Tesla still has a massive advantage over the Ford. The fact that the Tesla is heavier overall means that it’s going to have an advantage, even going up an incline. All you learn is that the Cybertruck is heavy.

Which isn’t even a good thing. The heavier the vehicle, the worse the handling and the more energy it takes to use it. And, as we know, using more energy is not really the point of an electric car.

All of this leads me up to the final conclusion: congratulations, Tesla. You played yourself.

• Praise 7

On 11/26/2019 at 9:03 AM, Beregond said:

from report got alot of booking already .

but i wonder how good its offroad capability is

The booking is like 100 dollars refundable. So the bookings are big pinch of salt. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 2

Couple Paid $100 For The James Bond Lotus That Inspired Tesla’s Cybertruck Before Selling It To Musk For $997,000

Lotus-Esprit-James-Bond-1.jpg

Lotus-Esprit-James-Bond-2.jpg

Lotus-Esprit-James-Bond-3.jpg

In 2013, Tesla chief executive Elon Musk caused quite a stir when he revealed that he had purchased the Lotus Esprit submarine from 1977 James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me.

Fast forward towards the end of 2019, and the entrepreneur revealed that Tesla’s controversial Cybertruck had been partially inspired by the design of the James Bond Esprit.

Following up on this, CNBC did a little bit of digging and found out some interesting information about the British movie prop and its life before Musk.

In 1989, a couple from Long Island, New York attended a blind auction where they paid roughly $100 for an unclaimed storage unit. Neither they nor the seller had any idea of what was in it. You can probably see where this is going: inside the storage unit was the very 1976 Lotus Esprit used in The Spy Who Loved Me. Yes, the couple had just paid $100 for a piece of Hollywood history.

A total of eight Esprits were used during filming and the example purchased by the couple was the only one filmed during underwater scenes. According to co-founder of the Ian Fleming Foundation, Doug Redenius, who authenticated the car, the couple had never seen a Bond film and “didn’t know how valuable their discovery was.”

Intent on fixing up the car, the couple loaded it onto a truck and headed towards home when nearby truckers contacted them over CB radio about the car they were hauling and how special it was.

Armed with this knowledge, the couple cosmetically restored it and displayed it at numerous exhibits before it was auctioned off in 2013. It was later sold to a secret buyer for $997,000 – and that secret buyer turned out to be Elon Musk.

Upon buying the car, Musk said he would fit it with a Tesla powertrain and try to make it transform from a street car to a mini submarine, like it did in the movie. So far, there’s no news on the progress he has made with this plan.

• Praise 5

16 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

haven't rematch yet lah. hahah

i really curious,

but must be very fair, same weight on the wheels, same 4 x 4. diesel vs electic

Internal Moderator

Tesla Cybertruck vs Ford F-150 tug-of-war rematch finally happens but with ‘small’ twist

source: https://electrek.co/2020/02/27/tesla-cybertruck-vs-ford-f150-tug-of-war-rematch-happens/

Tesla-Cybertruck-tug-of-war.jpg?w=2000&q

The Tesla Cybertruck vs Ford F150 tug-of-war rematch finally happened, but neither Tesla or Ford were actually involved. Instead, a bunch of engineers put a half-scale Cybertruck versus the best-selling pickup.

Tesla Cybertruck vs. Ford F-150 Rematch

As we reported last year, Tesla CEO Elon Musk agreed to redo the Cybertruck vs. Ford F-150 tug-of-war challenge after claims the first one wasn’t fair.

It appears that Tesla used a rear-wheel-drive version of the Ford F-150, and during a Twitter exchange with scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson, Musk agreed that it would be fairer if both trucks were loaded during the challenge.

Musk agreed to a rematch, and even agreed to bring Ford onboard after an executive from the automaker, Sunny Madra, challenged Tesla to a fairer tug-of-war between the F-150 and the Cybertruck.

However, we later learned that Ford was backing out of the challenge and called the first one “absurd.”

Nonetheless, Musk apparently planned to move forward with a rematch that would be fairer to the Ford F-150 pickup truck.

Now two months later, they never released a rematch of the Tesla Cybertruck vs Ford F150 tug-of-war, but we are now seeing one thanks to a bunch of crazy engineer Youtubers.

Half-scale Tesla Cybertruck vs 2010 Ford F-150 takes over

The Tesla Cybertruck has inspired several DIY people to build their own version of the electric pickup truck.

We reported on several of the more impressive DIY Cybertrucks projects last month and one of those is Hacksmith’s half-scale Cybertruck.

It is one of the most impressive because they actually built a tri-motor electric powertrain like the one in the real electric pickup truck.

After over a month of working on the vehicle, they have now fully unveiled it and they even released a tug-of-war with a Ford F-150 as promised by Musk:

The half-scale Cybertruck lost the first tug-of-war, but it isn’t surprising considering it weighs only about 1,000 lbs.

They did it again after adding about 1,500 lbs of extra weight to the little electric pickup truck and that was enough for it to beat the Ford F-150.

It’s probably the best we are going to see in terms of a rematch until Tesla actually delivers the electric pickup.

The automaker said that it plans to launch the two higher-end versions of the Cybertruck in late 2021.

Those two electric trucks will have between 300 and 500 miles of range and be equipped with dual- and tri-motor powertrains.

CEO Elon Musk said that the Cyberquad, an electric ATV, is going to be launched as an option for Cybertruck buyers at around the same time as the truck.

• Praise 1