Jeremy Clarkson: Greta Thunberg has Killed the Car Show

Carbon82

As a car lover, I seriously don't know if I should laugh or cry. [gossip]

Former ‘Top Gear’ host Jeremy Clarkson says ‘idiot’ climate activist Greta Thunberg has killed the car show

c2525d20-10ee-11ea-a2f7-64776930a474

0a3205a0-10ef-11ea-b7fb-f0575771347b

Jeremy Clarkson blames “idiot” climate change activist Greta Thunberg for killing the car show.

The former Top Gear presenter, who is returning with another series of Amazon Prime motor series The Grand Tour, claimed young people have been turned against cars by the 16-year-old environmental campaigner.

Clarkson, 59, told The Sun: “Everyone I know under 25 isn’t the slightest bit interested in cars – Greta Thunberg has killed the car show.

“They’re taught at school, before they say ‘Mummy and Daddy’, that cars are evil, and it’s in their heads.”

He added:  “She’s an idiot. Going round saying we’re all going to die, that’s not going to solve anything, my dear.”

The Grand Tour co-presenter Richard Hammond, 49, agreed: “I hate to say it, but I think Jeremy is right.

“Young people don’t care about cars. How many kids now are growing up with posters of cars on their bedroom wall?”

But Clarkson conceded that global warming was “definitely a thing”.

Clarkson did stipulate in The Sun’s interview that he and his famous colleagues were taking climate change more seriously.

The latest season of “The Grand Tour” sees the hosts Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May not only discuss climate change as they attempt to sail across Vietnam’s Mekong River during dry weather conditions but also opt to cycle instead of drive.

“For the first time ever, we’ve had global warming rammed down our throats – and we’ve not been idiotic, it’s very definitely a thing.” He added: “The question is, what to do about it?”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

As a car lover, I seriously don't know if I should laugh or cry. [gossip]

Former ‘Top Gear’ host Jeremy Clarkson says ‘idiot’ climate activist Greta Thunberg has killed the car show

c2525d20-10ee-11ea-a2f7-64776930a474

0a3205a0-10ef-11ea-b7fb-f0575771347b

Jeremy Clarkson blames “idiot” climate change activist Greta Thunberg for killing the car show.

The former Top Gear presenter, who is returning with another series of Amazon Prime motor series The Grand Tour, claimed young people have been turned against cars by the 16-year-old environmental campaigner.

Clarkson, 59, told The Sun: “Everyone I know under 25 isn’t the slightest bit interested in cars – Greta Thunberg has killed the car show.

“They’re taught at school, before they say ‘Mummy and Daddy’, that cars are evil, and it’s in their heads.”

He added:  “She’s an idiot. Going round saying we’re all going to die, that’s not going to solve anything, my dear.”

The Grand Tour co-presenter Richard Hammond, 49, agreed: “I hate to say it, but I think Jeremy is right.

“Young people don’t care about cars. How many kids now are growing up with posters of cars on their bedroom wall?”

But Clarkson conceded that global warming was “definitely a thing”.

Clarkson did stipulate in The Sun’s interview that he and his famous colleagues were taking climate change more seriously.

The latest season of “The Grand Tour” sees the hosts Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May not only discuss climate change as they attempt to sail across Vietnam’s Mekong River during dry weather conditions but also opt to cycle instead of drive.

“For the first time ever, we’ve had global warming rammed down our throats – and we’ve not been idiotic, it’s very definitely a thing.” He added: “The question is, what to do about it?”

today's world is very messy with high degree of "manipulation" and "self interest".

this kid activist needs to take a break and go back to learn to be a kid

responsibility also need to begin with self first

at that age, yes general principles of climate change can be appreciated but separating the nuts and bolts requires to go back to be a great student first

some say time is not on our side and by waiting there may not be a future for her generation and hence she needed to act now

lets put it this way, with billions of dollars, very influential business persons and politicians are making small head ways

apart from novelty, what can a child do 

in this world where power and money talks ......... go figure out

between the young activist and engineer ........ I take the engineer anytime

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I would want to ask a question on the harm and emissions from rocket testing and fighter aircraft usage during exercise . Perhaps a tax concession should help encourage less testing 

↡ Advertisement