2019 Civil Servant Year End Bonus

Theoldjaffa

bloomberg releasing @fakenews ????? sexpert said ... 2020 would be tough and screwed!

wah must raise salary and pay retention bonuses? [confused]

mcf smart alec please tell these companies open eyes big big ... don't do anything STUPID!

2019-12-03_162857.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Wah still got bonus/job! I guess no one rushing out to buy a new car or property this month. 

now cannot buy eScooter too :XD:

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

bloomberg releasing @fakenews ????? sexpert said ... 2020 would be tough and screwed!

mcf smart alec please tell these companies open eyes big big ... don't do anything STUPID!

2019-12-03_162857.jpg

I think the KEY WORD is INFLATION 🤧 Increase salary in CS is it ..............  trying to make reason for their adjustment ? :grin:

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 5

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/china-pips-singapore-top-spots-pisa-test?cid=emarsys-today_TODAY's evening briefing for Dec 3, 2019 (ACTIVE)_newsletter_03122019_today

dont scared lah, scholars will still come in At least Second behind China 

9 hours ago, Nav14 said:

The 0.1mth bonus does not make sense relative to what was paid out in 2009 when growth actually was negative, unlike a possible max growth of 1% this year.

The quantum decrease of 0.9mth from last year also does not make sense. 

PAP is using the civil servants as a guinea pigs/sacrificial lambs and by extension most of the public for their political goals.

PAP already mentioned that they will use the poor economic outlook to convince sinkies to vote for them. The weaker economy so far did not really have a major impact on the average singaporean and there are actually signs it is about to make a recovery, which would have disrupted PAP's agenda for the upcoming elections. Time is running out to hold the elections.

So no better way than to engineer a sense of despondency amongst the populace via a bigger than expected almost 1 month reduction in  bonus for civil servants. This will have a domino effect on the private sector which traditionally takes a cue from the public sector salaries. 

This will actually cause a further small pull back in the economy due to reduced consumption from a knee jerk reaction from the public but a small price to pay for the PAP who are hoping the public will actually fall for their trick of accepting PAP as their only saviour who can promise them increased bonuses going forward.

Has it ever truly made sense, bro?

20 hours ago, Hamburger said:

13mths is never a bonus . 

It's our own salary, own pay. 

I never smell my  own 13th month salary for a long time also. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Wt_know said:

2019-12-03_162857.jpg

talent pool in politic is shrinking and aging, who disagree first ?  if we all agree , then they deserve a good increment. who disagree again? not i say one. 😅😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Anyone know in Civil Serpent, is it must stay for 3mths after taking bonus? If not will forfeit your bonus

No I dont.  But in my workplace you can only render the month after your bonus.  I work in a govt setting but not civil servant but I think it's about the same.  Of course the notice period can be a month or longer. 

But from what I know they have bonuses in dec apri and July.  So Dec you get.  You tender in jan and can only leave in feb which you might not cos CNY and wait one more month and you get PB.   PB in April you wanna tender in May and leave in June but you wont cos July is bonus.  You get mid year bonus and wanna tender in aug and leave in sept.  Depending on you it's almost time to plan for end of the year and you wait.

That's why people can stay long in CS.

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

talent pool in politic is shrinking and aging, who disagree first ?  if we all agree , then they deserve a good increment. who disagree again? not i say one. 😅😅

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/businesses-should-diversify-foreign-workforce-invest-in-local-workers-chan-chun

thats why in order to reduce cost must employ locals. U hire one too many non locals and your cost goes up . Quality of service also suffers when its from an external source

#####

Mr Chan acknowledged that it could be more expedient to recruit from a more familiar source, but said: "Businesses should also diversify your foreign workforce as an important step in managing your concentration risks... Diversification is an important part of business continuity."

In addition, more can be done to help foreign workers better settle in Singapore.

"As our multicultural social norms can be rather unfamiliar to foreign employees, it is important that businesses also play a part in integrating them into our companies and into our society," said Mr Chan.

Manpower Minister Josephine Teo had said last month that around the world, anxieties about being overtaken by "outsiders" have given rise to perverse outcomes, and at workplaces here, there is heightened sensitivity towards being treated fairly and having local norms respected.

She said then that employers can help to push back against such negative forces by practising fair hiring and advancement.

Mr Chan reiterated a similar message on Tuesday as he urged employers to continue to commit to fair and progressive employment practices.

He flagged the development of the local workforce as one important aspect in this area.

But ultimately, Singapore is a multiracial and multicultural country whose forefathers come from diverse origins, said Mr Chan.

It must continue to protect and weave its social fabric, while also welcoming people who can contribute in meaningful ways, regardless of their background.

He added: "While we may not have a sufficiently long shared history or common ancestry to define our national identity, we can instead take pride and believe that we can all have a forward-looking identity based on a set of common values."

SCCCI president Roland Ng told the event that Singapore's multiracial, multi-religious and multicultural society is a unique strength.

He said building a harmonious society and creating a pro-business environment are essential prerequisites for driving economic development.

Mr Chan also said that openness and self determination are other key attributes, and lauded the business community for their efforts in advocating these values so far.

In terms of openness, he said Singapore will need to navigate its way forward even more carefully as "the winds of globalisation weaken".

"To create good jobs for Singaporeans, we will need to continue to diversify, stay open to trade and investments and play our part to uphold a rules-based and integrated global trading system," he added.

On self-determination, Mr Chan said Singapore will continue to chart its own course and bear responsibility for its choices. This applies on the economic front, where Singapore must consider first what is in its interest even as it practices openness and connectivity.

"Our interests are best served by remaining open to economic relations with all countries and not advocating for policies favouring any particular country," he said.

"Our value to the world is to be a principled partner to all, someone the rest of the world can trust because we mean what we say, and we say what we mean."

Edited by Sdf4786k

43 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

No I dont.  But in my workplace you can only render the month after your bonus.  I work in a govt setting but not civil servant but I think it's about the same.  Of course the notice period can be a month or longer. 

But from what I know they have bonuses in dec apri and July.  So Dec you get.  You tender in jan and can only leave in feb which you might not cos CNY and wait one more month and you get PB.   PB in April you wanna tender in May and leave in June but you wont cos July is bonus.  You get mid year bonus and wanna tender in aug and leave in sept.  Depending on you it's almost time to plan for end of the year and you wait.

That's why people can stay long in CS.

now only 0.1mth bonus

all heck care liao

can any how throw letter liao ... best of the best time [sly][laugh] 

Lucky for them to still have 13th month.

I never had bonus for 5 years liao. And there is no such thing as 13 months in my previous workplace.:a-no: Currently still unemployed.:wacko:

• Haha! 3

Just now, Adrianli said:

I never had bonus for 5 years liao. And there is no such thing as 13 months in my previous workplace.:a-no: Currently still unemployed.:wacko:

jobless is the highest attainment [sly]  [thumbsup] [laugh] 

21 hours ago, Wt_know said:

and yet new condo launch continue to break record price

absd still here despite 43k unsold units

11/11 black friday etc continue to break record

and lastly rolex full cash also cannot get a daytona @ RRP

Rich get richer , poor get poorer. Income gap grows ever bigger especially during these times. Therefore not surprised that luxury big ticket items still sell well.

My POV .. :we-all-gonna-die:

I belief Gov is going forward to performance base bonus (PB - Performance Bonus) rather then mid-year & year end bonus.....  [:|]

It will hurt the private sectors if Gov will to pay out bonus to CS when companies not doing well and have a hard time trying to please their respective employees.

Take an example like two CS of same salary scales but one with D grade (below average performance) and the other with B grade (above expection performance). In mid-year & year end, both will receive the same amount of bonus if Gov annount like 0.75 which makes the D grader happy cos under-performers also get the same bonus. :wut:

But in performance base bonus (PB), this is very much different. The D grader could get a 0.15 bonus whereas the B grader will get a 2.0 bonus. So if D grader want to get more PB ($$$$) in his/her bonus, they have to pull up their socks to perform better. [sly]

Actually, they (above average performers) are looking forward to their March PB bonus. [kiss]

But if Gov wants to give more, which CS don't want ... :secret-laugh:

• Shocked 1

38 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Arent you the Inheritance Guy? 

↡ Advertisement