2019 Civil Servant Year End Bonus

Theoldjaffa

6 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I don't know about you but I think the economy is pretty weak in recent months but don't see a very drastic downturn as well. Higher retrenchments and cutbacks are a given.

It looks like the solution is to import more talents to grow technology and other growth sectors. Ironic? 

No leh bro, economy still very alive and kicking.

yes Rolex sale a bit slower but still there are buyers.

i just sold one late last week, buyer didnt even check, just put on wrist after transferring money to me. Whole sale process took about 5mins.

↡ Advertisement

On 12/4/2019 at 6:07 PM, Throttle2 said:

No leh bro, economy still very alive and kicking.

yes Rolex sale a bit slower but still there are buyers.

i just sold one late last week, buyer didnt even check, just put on wrist after transferring money to me. Whole sale process took about 5mins.

My Casio sales has collapsed.  

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
On 12/4/2019 at 7:31 AM, Philipkee said:

No I dont.  But in my workplace you can only render the month after your bonus.  I work in a govt setting but not civil servant but I think it's about the same.  Of course the notice period can be a month or longer. 

But from what I know they have bonuses in dec apri and July.  So Dec you get.  You tender in jan and can only leave in feb which you might not cos CNY and wait one more month and you get PB.   PB in April you wanna tender in May and leave in June but you wont cos July is bonus.  You get mid year bonus and wanna tender in aug and leave in sept.  Depending on you it's almost time to plan for end of the year and you wait.

That's why people can stay long in CS.

usually people leave after pB in April

cos mid year bonus in July nothing to shout about

the April (~2 mths) and Dec (13th mth) got more meat, so must wait for them then wu hua :D

10 minutes ago, Scion said:

usually people leave after pB in April

cos mid year bonus in July nothing to shout about

the April (~2 mths) and Dec (13th mth) got more meat, so must wait for them then wu hua :D

People don't stay for its PB la. CS has other perks...my BIL can take no pay leave any time once annual leave exhausted.

9 hours ago, badlammy said:

People don't stay for its PB la. CS has other perks...my BIL can take no pay leave any time once annual leave exhausted.

I heard this.

Let's say you need 5 staff to run a dept.  You factor in training plus sick leave you need 7 staff.  

In CS they get 10 staff so if no one go on leave you are very relaxed.  If people take MC or leave you are still ok.

In private sector you need 5 staff I give you 5 staff.  You just need to manage when there is shortage and you stretch when people go on leave.

• Praise 4

8 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I heard this.

Let's say you need 5 staff to run a dept.  You factor in training plus sick leave you need 7 staff.  

In CS they get 10 staff so if no one go on leave you are very relaxed.  If people take MC or leave you are still ok.

In private sector you need 5 staff I give you 5 staff.  You just need to manage when there is shortage and you stretch when people go on leave.

aberthen ... how else ah gong is the LARGEST employer

must maintain some FAT right ... lol 

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I heard this.

hello... in private sector, you need 5 they give you 3. And want results of 8 [laugh]

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Just now, Vidz said:

hello... in private sector, you need 5 they give you 3. And want results of 8 [laugh]

faster, better, cheaper .... pronto pronto!

54 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

faster, better, cheaper .... pronto pronto!

That's what the garmen wants for the rest of us. Does not apply for themselves and silver serpice. Which is Bigger, Fatter, Dearer.

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

That's what the garmen wants for the rest of us. Does not apply for themselves and silver serpice. Which is Bigger, Fatter, Dearer.

no blame culture pleaseeeee

honest mistake ... move on

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Vidz said:

Very well said!!!!:a-good:

They squeeze until you mati.

I was doing two men job for the pay of one man. When I left, they needed to employ 3 person to cover my scope!!! The person who took over me cannot handle so they had to hire two more to help managed the work load. I think they regretted I left.[:p]

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

will they pay 2.5x to rehire you?

still save 0.5x .... lol

The good horse do not return and eat the leftover grass.:XD:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

20 hours ago, Wt_know said:

@fakenews??????

we were told economy is very badddddddd ....

71469A9E-E6EA-4D17-B13B-7BB207CA7936.jpeg

Telling you and the rest of the world we dodged the bullet (recession).

You know ah loong's pattern. He's into the gdp figures or report card. He's like telling us, "see, my team and I did not let sgp fall into recession". "Our leadershit skill is fabulous". "Donch forget to vote for me and my team, yo". 😄

See what I mean....

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/outlook-spores-job-market-remains-cautious-despite-improving-gdp-data-josephine-teo

Outlook for S’pore’s job market remains cautious despite improving GDP data: Josephine Teo

SINGAPORE — Despite the better-than-expected economic growth here in the third quarter, Manpower Minister Josephine Teo says the job market here is still volatile and her outlook for the next few quarters remains cautious.

Singapore’s labour market report for the third quarter ending in September — released on Thursday (Dec 12) — showed that while employment increased and retrenchments stayed low, unemployment rates have inched up. 

This is possibly a result of companies being more cautious about hiring, as seen in the declining number of job vacancies, said Mrs Teo on Monday, ahead of the report’s release.

For every 100 unemployed persons looking for a job, there were only 83 vacancies available in September 2019, compared with 94 vacancies in the previous quarter, based on data from the latest report. 

“The (number of job) vacancies is an indicator that the confidence is still not quite so strong. If the confidence were back then I think vacancies should grow. So I will be quite cautious about it,” she told reporters when asked what the improving economy would mean for the labour market. 

Singapore's economy is starting to show signs of recovery as it grew a surprising 0.5 per cent in the third quarter, exceeding advanced estimates of 0.1 per cent.

Overall, the growth in employment suggests that there is still resilience in Singapore’s labour market, said Mrs Teo, who spoke on the sidelines of a tour of sports retailer Decathlon. 

And while the number of job vacancies tends to fluctuate from quarter to quarter, the quality of jobs is getting better. 

“The trend is very clear. Overall we are creating much better jobs,” she added. 

Say until got Thor and Ironman. 😂

21 hours ago, Wt_know said:

@fakenews??????

we were told economy is very badddddddd ....

Not fair la ....... SG do so well but CS only get 0.1mth bonus . 

:grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1