Jump to content
Theoldjaffa

2019 Civil Servant Year End Bonus

Recommended Posts

Hang cheng pai sial. The amount is pathetic!

Senior civil servants to get S$400 one-off payment in place of year-end bonus

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/civil-servants-year-end-bonus-avc-psd-12144584

SINGAPORE: Most civil servants will get a year-end bonus of 0.1 month this year, with a one-off lump sum payment of S$250 to S$1,500, the Public Service Division (PSD) said on Monday (Dec 2).

Senior civil servants in superscale grades will receive a one-off payment of S$400 in place of the year-end bonus or Annual Variable Component (AVC).

Civil servants in the lower pay grades will receive a higher lump-sum bonus, with around 2,200 operations support officers receiving the highest amount of S$1,500, said PSD.

All civil servants will also receive a 13th-month bonus of one month, to be paid in December together with the year-end AVC and lump sum payments.

The PSD said it "will exercise restraint" for bonus payments this year due to "prevailing economic uncertainties".

The Ministry of Trade and Industry has forecast that the economy will grow by 0.5 per cent to 1 per cent in 2019, with the growth for the fourth quarter of 2019 expected to remain modest.

"This approach was agreed upon in close consultation with the public sector unions to give the strongest support to civil servants in the junior grades, in view of the uncertain economic climate," said PSD.

In July this year, civil servants received a mid-year AVC of 0.45 month and a one-off lump sum payment of S$200, with a higher lump sum of S$300 for those at lower pay grades.

Source: CNA/hm
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/civil-servants-year-end-bonus-avc-psd-12144584

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the bonus they get this year is bad compare with other years, but many people in the private sector have never smell bonus for a long time. Superscalers do not need to depend on bonus, their starting salary should be 10k  and above, so no fear about getting lesser  bonus. Just spend a little lesser. 

  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All pay pmd

 

so no more $$

  • Haha! 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got AWS + Var + Special ............ KNN where to find such job except our superwhite . 

Since 他马死 is not doing well ...... all these $ come from the Reserve ? :a-whiteflag:42B ? 

KNN can use for 20 yrs 🤧 

  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wah still got bonus/job! I guess no one rushing out to buy a new car or property this month. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guess COE will drop in this month?? 😂😂

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A strategic move, to shows that our government is with its people... 有福同享,有难同当.

But hor, will it be the same after GE? Maybe a prelude to the much delayed salary increment...

  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Does this include Mini Star?

Ministar lets say one year draw 1.5mil. Every month means 125k. Therefore 0.1 mth means abt 13k? Still nice...

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Ministar lets say one year draw 1.5mil. Every month means 125k. Therefore 0.1 mth means abt 13k? Still nice...

still got the 13th month. 

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

13mths is never a bonus . 

 

It's our own salary, own pay. 

Non-Pensionable Annual Allowance NPAA,  commonly still known as 13th month bonus just that it's a fixed components

 

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Does this include Mini Star?

Mini Stars are not CB serpents.

Instead, they are Administrative serpents.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Hang cheng pai sial. The amount is pathetic!

Senior civil servants to get S$400 one-off payment in place of year-end bonus

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/civil-servants-year-end-bonus-avc-psd-12144584

SINGAPORE: Most civil servants will get a year-end bonus of 0.1 month this year, with a one-off lump sum payment of S$250 to S$1,500, the Public Service Division (PSD) said on Monday (Dec 2).

Senior civil servants in superscale grades will receive a one-off payment of S$400 in place of the year-end bonus or Annual Variable Component (AVC).

Civil servants in the lower pay grades will receive a higher lump-sum bonus, with around 2,200 operations support officers receiving the highest amount of S$1,500, said PSD.

All civil servants will also receive a 13th-month bonus of one month, to be paid in December together with the year-end AVC and lump sum payments.

The PSD said it "will exercise restraint" for bonus payments this year due to "prevailing economic uncertainties".

The Ministry of Trade and Industry has forecast that the economy will grow by 0.5 per cent to 1 per cent in 2019, with the growth for the fourth quarter of 2019 expected to remain modest.

"This approach was agreed upon in close consultation with the public sector unions to give the strongest support to civil servants in the junior grades, in view of the uncertain economic climate," said PSD.

In July this year, civil servants received a mid-year AVC of 0.45 month and a one-off lump sum payment of S$200, with a higher lump sum of S$300 for those at lower pay grades.

Source: CNA/hm
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/civil-servants-year-end-bonus-avc-psd-12144584

I wondered what is the declared year end bonuses for the Ministers

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Mini Stars are not CB serpents.

Instead, they are Administrative serpents.

Doc every time I read your post, I got to run to the bathroom to take a look at myself and see if I am one of those CB serpents or Administrative serpents

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Doc every time I read your post, I got to run to the bathroom to take a look at myself and see if I am one of those CB serpents or Administrative serpents

You just CB

 

period!

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything give PG, MG and whatever G liao. Not much left already so little bonus for serpents. Might be just another look like 有福同享,有难同当 tactics for next year's election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Hang cheng pai sial. The amount is pathetic!

Senior civil servants to get S$400 one-off payment in place of year-end bonus

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/civil-servants-year-end-bonus-avc-psd-12144584

SINGAPORE: Most civil servants will get a year-end bonus of 0.1 month this year, with a one-off lump sum payment of S$250 to S$1,500, the Public Service Division (PSD) said on Monday (Dec 2).

Senior civil servants in superscale grades will receive a one-off payment of S$400 in place of the year-end bonus or Annual Variable Component (AVC).

Civil servants in the lower pay grades will receive a higher lump-sum bonus, with around 2,200 operations support officers receiving the highest amount of S$1,500, said PSD.

All civil servants will also receive a 13th-month bonus of one month, to be paid in December together with the year-end AVC and lump sum payments.

The PSD said it "will exercise restraint" for bonus payments this year due to "prevailing economic uncertainties".

The Ministry of Trade and Industry has forecast that the economy will grow by 0.5 per cent to 1 per cent in 2019, with the growth for the fourth quarter of 2019 expected to remain modest.

"This approach was agreed upon in close consultation with the public sector unions to give the strongest support to civil servants in the junior grades, in view of the uncertain economic climate," said PSD.

In July this year, civil servants received a mid-year AVC of 0.45 month and a one-off lump sum payment of S$200, with a higher lump sum of S$300 for those at lower pay grades.

Source: CNA/hm
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/civil-servants-year-end-bonus-avc-psd-12144584

economy only got away with 0.1 % from a tech recession. Should be happy liao got some money. Else kanna the "you should be happy to still have a job "response from other sector

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×