Sasa Close shop

Mockngbrd

Internets is srs bizness... radx need to find elsewhere to buy his make up.

Axyk2x4.gif

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sasa-to-close-all-22-cosmetic-retail-shops-in-singapore-170-staff-affected

SINGAPORE - All 22 Sasa International shops in Singapore will be shut down, the cosmetics retailer announced on Monday (Dec 2), in a move that is likely to affect about 170 workers.

It said its decision came after its stores here recorded losses for six consecutive years despite its efforts to turn the business around.

"In order to improve the performance of the Singapore market, the group had taken measures in recent years to restructure the local management team and to enhance store display and product mix with a view to driving sales.

"Regrettably, the results were far from satisfactory," Sasa said in a statement.

In the six months ended Sept 30, its Singapore operations recorded a turnover of HK$99.4 million (S$17.3 million), a decline of 4.6 per cent from last year.

Sasa said the 170 employees will be fully compensated according to Singapore's employment regulations.

The latest move is part of Sasa's strategy to focus on its core market in Hong Kong, which has become more difficult due to a drastic decline in mainland China's tourist arrivals, the cosmetic retailer added.

It would also allow its management team that manages both the Singapore and Malaysia markets to focus on Malaysia which Sasa said had a higher potential for further development.

To make up for the loss in the Singapore market and the declining business in Hong Kong, Sasa said it will continue to expand in mainland China, as well as accelerate the development of its e-commerce business.

It said that it remains a viable business with sufficient funds for operations.

"The termination of the leases in Singapore is not expected to have any significant impact on the operations of the group, as the group operates a total of 265 stores, only 22 of them are located in Singapore," it said.

As of Sept 30, its cash and bank balances also amounted to HK$788.7 million, which is "adequate for its operational needs", the company said.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, RadX said:

Apparently they been operating on losses

for 6yrs? Wtf 

i guess 6 yrs of losses is their exit point, same for Taiwan.

Twincharged
On 12/3/2019 at 10:57 AM, RadX said:

Apparently they been operating on losses

for 6yrs? Wtf 

normal leh ….

my boss always tell us the same thing also !! 🤣😅

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Have also your wife happy ......  :secret-laugh:

You burnt your pocket ... :=B:

who said I was going to tell her ??

I am asking so I can block all these ads from reaching her … 😈

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Have also your wife happy ......  :secret-laugh:

You burnt your pocket ... :=B:

how you know he buy for his wife? [sly] [laugh]

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

But important thing now is..... 

Got closing down sales or not? 

If got closing down sales good la, since can buy from them for my Christmas gifts exchange?! Lol.

aiyoh, keep having closing down sales lor. 

You know like those HDB budget shop. Loudspeaker play loud loud closing down sales. Everything must go...

For years, and still not yet closed. And keep seeing staff replenish stocks

• Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Neost said:

aiyoh, keep having closing down sales lor. 

You know like those HDB budget shop. Loudspeaker play loud loud closing down sales. Everything must go...

For years, and still not yet closed. And keep seeing staff replenish stocks

Your are right lo, the other day i walked past one value shop, they indicated closing down sales and inside the shop left with little items. Then few weeks later i walked past the shop again, still see the closing down banner but inside the shop replenish full with stocks!? [laugh]

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

normal leh ….

my boss always tell us the same thing also !! 🤣😅

Don't you worry what the company would do after 6 years of loss making?

↡ Advertisement