A5 sportback vs Stinger vs XE

Hllow84

15 hours ago, Hllow84 said:

Thanks for the enlightenment, it make sense on Harrier's used price...

Stinger 3.3 is hard to reach from my budget perspective, and 2.0 has most of the same function as well. And coming from Mazda 6 I think I might spin out 3.3 alot? haha...

Well since you came from Mazda 6, then you are very familiar with the CX5 already. I strongly recommend the 2.5L CX5 solely for the fact that the base 2L is really weak... and noisy... Specs wise, CX5 2.5 Lux is nothing more than the 2L Premium with 19in wheels and a sunroof. The rest are exactly the same. 

Actually whats your budget, if its about 150k, you are much better off buying brand new. base Stinger 2L can be had for ard this price iirc. And its still the fastest among your choices by a big margin. 6secs to 100... how much u gotta pay for those unreliable Euro cars to get such performance? :D

Anyway, u need to decide if u want to go the SUV route or sedan route. SUV will never handle as well as a sedan esp at high speed. Higher wind noise is expected since most SUVs have higher wind resistance.

The only advantage is higher ride height and able to drive through some floods in SG... With Stinger, you will prob be stuck immediately

↡ Advertisement

35 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Well since you came from Mazda 6, then you are very familiar with the CX5 already. I strongly recommend the 2.5L CX5 solely for the fact that the base 2L is really weak... and noisy... Specs wise, CX5 2.5 Lux is nothing more than the 2L Premium with 19in wheels and a sunroof. The rest are exactly the same. 

Actually whats your budget, if its about 150k, you are much better off buying brand new. base Stinger 2L can be had for ard this price iirc. And its still the fastest among your choices by a big margin. 6secs to 100... how much u gotta pay for those unreliable Euro cars to get such performance? :D

Anyway, u need to decide if u want to go the SUV route or sedan route. SUV will never handle as well as a sedan esp at high speed. Higher wind noise is expected since most SUVs have higher wind resistance.

The only advantage is higher ride height and able to drive through some floods in SG... With Stinger, you will prob be stuck immediately

If TS likes brand and fun among the 4, Audi A5 sport back. But be prepared to pay a bit more than the other 3.

If TS likes power and keep some money, Stinger would be the choice.

If TS go with his wife, then Harrier, plus easier to drive because of  higher driver view. If he needs to load child seats,  harrier will be a plus point. Easy to his pocket in terms of total cost of ownership among the 4 as well.

Unless he likes XE for some reasons, otherwise can take it out from the list to simplify his selection.

Edited by Ct3833

i personally will not consider stringer simply due to it brand and look. a5 is another level for it brand positioning and look.

for the sick of drive handling and brand satisfaction, a5 will be my pick although may need to pay a bit more on maintenance. my brother drove his a4 avent till end of coe without facing major mechanical issue. in conclusion is how you take care and maintain you car. is not that difficult to maintain an audi as long as they are not those equip with 7 sp dsg.

no comments on Toyota car, and one of my friend just sold away his xj due to gearbox issue.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Lava said:

and one of my friend just sold away his xj due to gearbox issue.

sold or sold as scrap. many dealers won't even touch it. or offer super low. thats the reputation of jags locally. have always been and always will be. a reliable jag is akin to having pigs fly.

• Haha! 2

27 minutes ago, Lava said:

i personally will not consider stringer simply due to it brand and look. a5 is another level for it brand positioning and look.

for the sick of drive handling and brand satisfaction, a5 will be my pick although may need to pay a bit more on maintenance. my brother drove his a4 avent till end of coe without facing major mechanical issue. in conclusion is how you take care and maintain you car. is not that difficult to maintain an audi as long as they are not those equip with 7 sp dsg.

no comments on Toyota car, and one of my friend just sold away his xj due to gearbox issue.

i thought stinger will be the more fun car being rwd. a lot reviews always complain audi being boring

of cos A5 is the most handsome of all and has the best interior 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

If TS likes brand and fun among the 4, Audi A5 sport back. But be prepared to pay a bit more than the other 3.

If TS likes power and keep some money, Stinger would be the choice.

If TS go with his wife, then Harrier, plus easier to drive because of  higher driver view. If he needs to load child seats,  harrier will be a plus point. Easy to his pocket in terms of total cost of ownership among the 4 as well.

Unless he likes XE for some reasons, otherwise can take it out from the list to simplify his selection.

The A5 is going 170k or below usually. It’s really just a bit more. The list price is inflated and for overtrade.

Internal Moderator
15 hours ago, Ganwb79 said:

Car is a very emotional buy. If you are going to be the one driving most or all the time only your opinion should matter. You prefer the A5 obviously so why make yourself miserable by compromising and going with the flow. 

If all men need to do is to follow their wife's choice then this forum is for what de. 

Interesting thread. Supposedly TS is asking for opinions on the first 3 cars, and reluctantly inserted the Harrier as a last choice but because the last choice is the wife's choice, happy wife happy life stands. I'm surprised! Are all the men in SG really so accommodating to the wives? If yes, why so many divorce cases? Hahaha.

Fully agree with @Ganwb79. If you're gonna be the one paying for the car, driving most of the time, then only your opinion should matter. I would go for the Stinger. Looks good, feels good and powerful enough. You wouldn't wanna drive a Harrier and have a Stinger pull up beside you. When that happens, you're the one who's gonna be stinged real bad. With the Stinger, you can go NSHW for a quick run, breakfast drives (without the wife). Doubt you'll do that with the Harrier. Gonna be a A to B transport without a soul.

Follow your heart! *chants Stinger Stinger Stinger* 💗

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

choose any thing but the jag. all the ppl that i know who own them xe xj, say its a very bad experience.

dun know what the hell they doing with this brand, suppose to be a top top car last time😑

• Haha! 5

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

choose any thing but the jag. all the ppl that i know who own them xe xj, say its a very bad experience.

dun know what the hell they doing with this brand, suppose to be a top top car last time😑

i still stand by that British manufacturing sucks. they can design and innovate, but leave the manufacturing to the Germans and Japanese.

built in UK nissan qashqai 1.2t is also rubbish. not sure if the 2.0 is also uk built.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

sold or sold as scrap. many dealers won't even touch it. or offer super low. thats the reputation of jags locally. have always been and always will be. a reliable jag is akin to having pigs fly.

Jag car... my colleague try to sell away very well maintained 4+ yo. Trade-in or used-car dealer both offered only near scrap value.

Buy at your own risk.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Jag car... my colleague try to sell away very well maintained 4+ yo. Trade-in or used-car dealer both offered only near scrap value.

Buy at your own risk.

If you go to any used car dealer ALL of them will only offer paper value. They then sell it at a profit. They are running a business and not a charity. 

If you want to make some gains the only way is to sell the car yourself. Direct seller, direct buyer and no middle man. 

The used car dealer also got do paper work for you, at least got do some work. You the seller sell it to the used car dealer dont need to lift a finger. So what do you expect? If you want to profit you will need to do some work on your own. This is the reality. 

• Praise 3

14 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

i still stand by that British manufacturing sucks. they can design and innovate, but leave the manufacturing to the Germans and Japanese.

built in UK nissan qashqai 1.2t is also rubbish. not sure if the 2.0 is also uk built.

So was the prev gen Civic Type Ah Ler that was sold by KM... it was built in UK and it had lots of problems... mostly electrical and just plain sloppy workmanship

22 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Interesting thread. Supposedly TS is asking for opinions on the first 3 cars, and reluctantly inserted the Harrier as a last choice but because the last choice is the wife's choice, happy wife happy life stands. I'm surprised! Are all the men in SG really so accommodating to the wives? If yes, why so many divorce cases? Hahaha.

Fully agree with @Ganwb79. If you're gonna be the one paying for the car, driving most of the time, then only your opinion should matter. I would go for the Stinger. Looks good, feels good and powerful enough. You wouldn't wanna drive a Harrier and have a Stinger pull up beside you. When that happens, you're the one who's gonna be stinged real bad. With the Stinger, you can go NSHW for a quick run, breakfast drives (without the wife). Doubt you'll do that with the Harrier. Gonna be a A to B transport without a soul.

Follow your heart! *chants Stinger Stinger Stinger* 💗

wah goddess has spoken.....

if you read between the lines, there can be only 1 choice for ts now......harrier turbo

unless ts prefers to hear chants of harrier harrier harrier ❤️ every night in his sleep and waking hours too

🤣

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

If you go to any used car dealer ALL of them will only offer paper value. They then sell it at a profit. They are running a business and not a charity. 

If you want to make some gains the only way is to sell the car yourself. Direct seller, direct buyer and no middle man. 

The used car dealer also got do paper work for you, at least got do some work. You the seller sell it to the used car dealer dont need to lift a finger. So what do you expect? If you want to profit you will need to do some work on your own. This is the reality. 

I am fully aware and agree that the dealers need to make a profit since they are running a biz. But a profit of 10-20k for just a B n B car is just plain too much... esp when you consider the profit margin in % in relation to the car value at that time. 

Well. they certainly do not need 10-20k cash to temper with your odometer, wrap cheap vinyl surface over your original high quality leather seats and spot respray your car with some cheap paint jobs just to cover up the door dings and chips. And then pass your car off as an all  original low mileage example. 

They are just greedy no matter how. And no one will have good things to say about used car dealers even in other countries. 

2 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah goddess has spoken.....

if you read between the lines, there can be only 1 choice for ts now......harrier turbo

unless ts prefers to hear chants of harrier harrier harrier ❤️ every night in his sleep and waking hours too

🤣

4 years after buying car, my wife still nagging me for buying expensive car. They don't forget .... or forgive.

TS be warned

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 2