A5 sportback vs Stinger vs XE

Hllow84

13 minutes ago, Didu said:

OK, looks like it's filtering down to :

Stinkier vs Hairier

Which one would TS go for?

both also b&b brand, hairier will be a better choice.

4 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

I think my main point is.

Buy what you like, and like what you buy. 

Unless you're not the one paying for it.

wah goddess....like this wives who don't work jin cham de

no income cannot pay for anything so no say in anything

😅

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Ganwb79 said:

More within TS's expected budget? 

Hi Man you live only once if you can afford get the ride which makes you happy ,all the rest no one can predict if you want a box with wheels then go for the Japanese cars if you think you want to add style to your life then go for the Audi A5 it is the best looking car among your choice  all the best.

4 minutes ago, Ganwb79 said:

More within TS's expected budget? 

• Praise 1

57 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah...arent we forgetting that the stinger also has a base version and a top of the line version?

so much for low end conti bashing .... sheesh

🙄🤗

low end stinger 2.0 beat a4 in terms of hp and torque. high end stinger 3.3 beats a5.

you were saying?

Internal Moderator
32 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah goddess....like this wives who don't work jin cham de

no income cannot pay for anything so no say in anything

😅

They can, with the exception of buying a car unless it's already decided hey we're gonna have a baby let's get a family car like an MPV. But not the case here.

It's the husbands who drive. In TS's situation, wifey doesn't even have a license yet. Come on, be fair. Most of the time, wives already have final say because happy wife happy life. True enough. 

Leave the car to the husbands.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

For a relationship to be healthy, I think decision makings should be discussed and split accordingly.

Eg:

Big ticket items:  Husband decides. 

Small ticket items: Wife decides.

Wife can give her opinions on big ticket items like a car but it shouldn't be the reason for the purchase. Husband can give in to wife, but not all the time.

How happy can you be if the relationship is so one-sided because you're afraid of your wife's nagging, chanting, etc years down the road? Vice versa.

• Praise 5

4 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

If your wife wants reliability then avoid the used Audi like the plague. Yes, you could get an amazing Audi with zero problems, but if you're playing the odds, then the odds say a new+Asian car will deliver better reliability. If you're then planning to mod the car, you can say goodbye to warranty.  Generalisation, but Conti car parts are generally more expensive and more finely tuned compared to Asian counterparts. That's great if you want all-out performance from the factory, but horrible if you want a car to last 10 years with minimal maintainence and cost. 

Honestly though, as a car-enthusiast, I see a Audi on SG and don't think much (worst case I say poseur). It's nothing against Audi/BMW/Merc, but there are way too many car owners in SG that buy just the badge, because they know nothing about cars. 

On the other hand when I see a person driving a Stinger, I think: "there's a person that's chosen a good car and knows more than the average buyer". Basically a thumbs up. I really don't care that it's a Kia. I see it as Kia saying: "I'm going to invest more time and effort into building a great Halo car", as opposed to Audi, BMW or Merc building an Q1, X1, GLA, A3, 1-series or A-class and saying: "let's build an average car, slap our badge on it and make tonnes of money". 

But that's just me. 

Agree fully bro.
It’s like going to a fancy restaurant and you can only afford vegetables vs going neighborhood cze char and eat seafood. Both cost the same but some people prefer the former and tell people they are vegetarian 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Mini build quality is like German le

Of cos quality is German now.

Do you know who is the owner of Mini now?

1 hour ago, Vinil said:

Hi Man you live only once if you can afford get the ride which makes you happy ,all the rest no one can predict if you want a box with wheels then go for the Japanese cars if you think you want to add style to your life then go for the Audi A5 it is the best looking car among your choice  all the best.

aiya i tell u , not every 1 who own a car is a car man.

how to say huh. most ppl who own a car only spend his time driving that car, as long as the car bring him pt A to B, air con is cold, no issue, family and wife is happy with it, they are happy with it. 

if its a branded, and it give them extra face value, then its a bonus

only a very small % of the driver out there actually bother about how the car drive, handling fwd rwd etc etc. tweaking the car, bababa. 

frankly speaking also, if everyday u are driving to work and home , weekend carrying family, how are u going to test your car limitation and corning , grip handling etc etc, u got basically no chance to do that.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

low end stinger 2.0 beat a4 in terms of hp and torque. high end stinger 3.3 beats a5.

you were saying?

wah ok since we playing top trumps, i use my s5 card against base stinger and my rs5 card against your 3.3 stinger

whats your point?

🤣

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

For a relationship to be healthy, I think decision makings should be discussed and split accordingly.

Eg:

Big ticket items:  Husband decides. 

Small ticket items: Wife decides.

Wife can give her opinions on big ticket items like a car but it shouldn't be the reason for the purchase. Husband can give in to wife, but not all the time.

How happy can you be if the relationship is so one-sided because you're afraid of your wife's nagging, chanting, etc years down the road? Vice versa.

You are already the Idol of MCF and now with this and the previous few posts, many are now going to queue overnight outside your office, or even propose to you here... Ideal Wife material. :D:D

@Hllow84 I vote for Stinger. You wouldn't know the fun of an unknown and under rated car until you have driven one. 

I drove a Mark II Superb before and beside enjoying the car every time I am behind the wheel, the amount of attention I gotten is also priceless. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 7

6 hours ago, Hllow84 said:

Wah thanks everyone, I am overwhelmed by the advice / info, really appreciate it. To add a bit more context:

- I am paying it myself and I have a budget of around 150k - based on the range of 50k downpayment and around 1.2-1.5k mthly instalment?

- It's absolutely right that what I have in my mind has always been the first 3, I added 4th candidly (kinda regretted now) and didn't expect the response to be so wife-accommodating :D My wife would nag but I think all she ever need is a reliable car for me to get her from point A to B/C/D/E/F. She doesn't even have a license so this car "might" be her practice car when she decided to take on the test (if it ever happen)..

- I never really own a car that sells on performance or "the drive". Wish and Mazda 6 were my ride ever since I have kids 6 years ago, and before that a Mini (none S) - Hence, hopefully not sounding too noob / ignorant, I really wish to experience a good HP car.

Is a used Audi really that alarming? I like the A5 look and I read we can do the stage 1 mod and the performance can go up to almost 2.0 Stinger?

Say no more

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=871069

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Enye said:

wah...arent we forgetting that the stinger also has a base version and a top of the line version?

so much for low end conti bashing .... sheesh

🙄🤗

That's true about the stinger, but it's base model still far out-exceeds an equivalent conti model at it's price point. 

If we're talking about any relative metric like price/performance, or price/driving pleasure, or price/features, the stinger far out-exceeds any equivalent priced conti on the market for what you get. 

If price is no object, then I would easily choose a conti, m5, m8, x7 m50i, q8, P1, DBX. No question about it. But we don't live in that world! 

In the end, it's what makes you happy. Your money. If you want to buy low-end conti because you want to own a luxury brand, there's nothing wrong with that. I just wouldn't.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Look at Opel Insignia 2L 260hp too if you have 150k. Yankee power plus Yankee/German styling..Reliability will be alot better than Audi and other Conti brands since the whole drivetrain and chassis is from GM USA.  Only 4 left at Alpine so do check it out soon.

There you go again. Opel Insignia is Yankee power?! Whole drivetrain and chassis from GM USA?!? 🤣

Please see below lah:

Car: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Insignia

Episilon E2XX Chassis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Epsilon_platform#Epsilon_II

Ecotec Gen III Engine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine#LTG

Do you want to also say that it does 0-100kmh in 6 secs as you have previously claimed??

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Enye said:

wah ok since we playing top trumps, i use my s5 card against base stinger and my rs5 card against your 3.3 stinger

whats your point?

🤣

Price.

sorry for jumping in 

Edited by jk228b

3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Seems to tick most of the boxes except not on his list😅 

Budget dp $50k, monthly instalment at $1.2-$1.5k. Need for speed and space quite there. Looks maybe pales to stinger and a4/a5 as what defines beautiful is subjective.

But stinger gets my vote from the list too.

Age catches up rather fast so ears can be tone deaf or as a bro shared b4, this helps 😅 :Screenshot_20191205-221837_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e6ef9b2b15eb6ccb7272ff5da10852a0.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1