A5 sportback vs Stinger vs XE

Hllow84

just respect each other driver choice.

your money your choice, u happy enough,

some ppl feel higher spec higher performance more function is more important, but there are alot of other who feel brand is more important then anything else. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

7 minutes ago, Beregond said:

just respect each other driver choice.

your money your choice, u happy enough,

some ppl feel higher spec higher performance more function is more important, but there are alot of other who feel brand is more important then anything else. 

you are right, as long as they are happy with the car they bought.

the fact is that most Singaporean don't border too much about spec and performance, brand value and image still their major consideration when come to car purchase. your circle of friend and the lifestyle of your family members will also influence your buying decision.

performance is not as important for a normal family sport sedan, a 200bhp+- is good enough for you to hit 220km/h on nshw and a sub 7sec from 0-100km/h but I doubt you will do this too often. I will go for at least a porshce if performance come into picture.

7 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Ah bro, have u visited any BM svc centers in SG? The reception may be separated from the 'low SES' Toyota crowd, but your super ex Lexus LS600h will be parked next to a Vios and attended to by the same group of tech. The only diff is that perhaps you will get faster svcs since more techs will work on your LS600h at any given time 

And despite Toyota's effort in making Lexus as 'unique' as possible, it is still a Toyota and there are plenty of common parts used among the models. 

Good customer svcs ah... its to be expected since you've overpaid your LS600h by so much.. 

Previleges of being a conti owner? :D Do you get faster and more importantly, expert workmanship and knowledge than what the outside shops can offer? 

After buy lexus then see log card

toyota lexus ahhahahaha

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

52 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

our opinions will always be subjective. the best way to see which car is ''better'', maybe can see the sales figure. i wonder if can pull out from any website

See from which sales figure? Sg or global figure?

8 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

See from which sales figure? Sg or global figure?

a quick google...

https://focus2move.com/world-best-selling-car/

so anyone here owns a corolla? 1M plus sales globally in 2019.... or some here will say 1M stupid people who has bought a corolla. in the end toyota as a car manufacturer still wins, doubt they give shit what naysayers here think. easily 2.5M from Corolla, Camry and RAv4.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/kia-stinger-vs-audi-a5-sportback-comparison/2100006641/

The main difference between these two is the price at the entry level, hard to ignore with the Audi starting more than $10,000 higher than the Kia. It’s certainly luxurious and packed with technology, but unless the badge really matters, it’s hard to make a case for it against the Kia, also considering that the Stinger’s lower price also includes the company’s impressive warranty.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The article shows that A5 is 32% more ex than Stinger. In SG, I think the price is abit reversed.

List price for Stinger is 170k, but Audi A5 should be going for less than 170k currently. It was 160k+ when COE was higher than it is now.

Edited by Midorima

4 minutes ago, Midorima said:

The article shows that A5 is 32% more ex than Stinger. In SG, I think the price is abit reversed.

List price for Stinger is 170k, but Audi A5 should be going for less than 170k currently. It was 160k+ when COE was higher than it is now.

Stinger 2L can be had for abourt 155k 

2 hours ago, Midorima said:

I just checked Audi price list.  A5 is $205k.  Stinger is $170k.

21 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I just checked Audi price list.  A5 is $205k.  Stinger is $170k.

The pricelist on Audi is not accurate. It’s the price they can allow for overtrade but if you r not doing it, it’s going to be around 170k. Just ask any SE and it’s that price.

During the existing Audi owner sale in Sep19, it was going for 163k.

If it was 205k, TS wouldn’t have considered. If it’s 205k, I would also say go for the Stinger

Edited by Midorima
  • Praise 4

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

a quick google...

so anyone here owns a corolla? 1M plus sales globally in 2019.... or some here will say 1M stupid people who has bought a corolla. in the end toyota as a car manufacturer still wins, doubt they give shit what naysayers here think. easily 2.5M from Corolla, Camry and RAv4.

I still recall some goondu place deposit for the new corolla sight unseen and it turns out to be one ugly ride

image.png.5a56f96e9ebc3a5e4ca35ea1a2f20e02.png

• Haha! 1

On 12/4/2019 at 6:18 PM, Lala81 said:

Try a audi q3. Supposed to be the best to drive among X1, GLA etc.

Lower budget compact SUV that drives well would supposedly be Seat Ateca.

Tiagong...

Tried. Not harsh feel, reasonably spacious n tech features incl. But maybe I'm used to BMW drive feel, Q3 steering too light n turn in not direct.

On 12/5/2019 at 11:40 AM, Hllow84 said:

Wah thanks everyone, I am overwhelmed by the advice / info, really appreciate it. To add a bit more context:

- I am paying it myself and I have a budget of around 150k - based on the range of 50k downpayment and around 1.2-1.5k mthly instalment?

- It's absolutely right that what I have in my mind has always been the first 3, I added 4th candidly (kinda regretted now) and didn't expect the response to be so wife-accommodating :D My wife would nag but I think all she ever need is a reliable car for me to get her from point A to B/C/D/E/F. She doesn't even have a license so this car "might" be her practice car when she decided to take on the test (if it ever happen)..

- I never really own a car that sells on performance or "the drive". Wish and Mazda 6 were my ride ever since I have kids 6 years ago, and before that a Mini (none S) - Hence, hopefully not sounding too noob / ignorant, I really wish to experience a good HP car.

Is a used Audi really that alarming? I like the A5 look and I read we can do the stage 1 mod and the performance can go up to almost 2.0 Stinger?

as stated. I would buy a new A4 for 140+k. Fits your budget.

Got badge. Brand new. Audi interiors are definitely better than even the Stinger (although the stinger one is already not bad).
U get the car brand new. It's definitely fast enough for >95% of people with the engine.

Not the biggest car, but definitely not worse than stinger. 
If u are really looking at horse power, than your skoda VRS lor. 

Stinger only if you really want the RWD experience and it's uniqueness. 
Even the top spec stinger is significantly slower than a S4 around the track, so it is not a bad halo car, but definitely not as fast in real life than what some people think

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, inlinesix said:

In the states, the stinger is few thousands cheaper than the Audis.

So u have a clear hierachy there,
Executive sedan Accord 2.0T/Camry sports V6/Mz 2.5T or budget hot hatches, veloster N etc=> Stinger => Then u only reach the base premium Contis with their 2.0T engines

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

On 12/5/2019 at 5:09 PM, BabyBlade said:

For a relationship to be healthy, I think decision makings should be discussed and split accordingly.

Eg:

Big ticket items:  Husband decides. 

Small ticket items: Wife decides.

Wife can give her opinions on big ticket items like a car but it shouldn't be the reason for the purchase. Husband can give in to wife, but not all the time.

How happy can you be if the relationship is so one-sided because you're afraid of your wife's nagging, chanting, etc years down the road? Vice versa.

Yes, agreed,and I follow this religiously.

small decision like which car model to buy I will decide; big decision like what color for car exterior and interior, my wife decide. 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

19 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

a quick google...

i got no ideal corolla still the best selling car in the world this year. i thought mazda 3 elantra or cerato over take it already. in the end this 3 model not even in top 10.

Edited by Beregond

35 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Yes, agreed,and I follow this religiously.

small decision like which car model to buy I will decide; big decision like what color for car exterior and interior, my wife decide. 😁

Steady!👍

Pink interior and exterior, u will be ok too i am sure.

😂😅😂😂 kidding. 

Safe ride and hv a great weekend. 

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2