A5 sportback vs Stinger vs XE

Hllow84

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

i got no ideal corolla still the best selling car in the world this year. i thought mazda 3 elantra or cerato over take it already. in the end this 3 model not even in top 10.

New Gen Mazda3 selling badly in most of their key markets such as North America and Australia. Many Youtube videos or articles talking about it.

Seems like main reason is that they tried to go premium by giving nicer interior and up their price. Ends up for that segment buyer, price is main factor, so sales crash.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

Steady!👍

Pink interior and exterior, u will be ok too i am sure.

😂😅😂😂 kidding. 

Safe ride and hv a great weekend. 

Cheers

Lucky for me, my wife always choose low profile, safe , common color. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

i got no ideal corolla still the best selling car in the world this year. i thought mazda 3 elantra or cerato over take it already. in the end this 3 model not even in top 10.

US market probably accounts for a big chunk. 

Dont understand why people always bash the conti buyers. 

Definitely the A5 when comparing to the stinger. Speed is not important to everyone and the a5 exterior and interior is sexy as hell. 

• Praise 1

On 12/4/2019 at 5:24 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Only the first 2 yrs production of harrier pi have torque converter issue but now i believe they have resolved it even for the turbo one. 

So harrier turbo is a good buy indeed. Quite problem free

On 11/13/2019 at 7:30 PM, akow said:

I bot altis in mid- 2015 & also bot toyota infinity shield for extended 5 years warranty plus discounts for service package & parts.

And  hav gone to Borneo for servicing regularly, last service was 80k milleage. 

Recently my car engine mal-function light blink, car jerk. Sent for Borneo check showed ignition coils burned. Each coil cost abt $300. But Borneo refused to honour the 5 years warranty, citing even though I serviced only at Borneo, I did not follow the 10k millage rule for servicing, they penalised me thay my every 12k/13k millage servicing record, hence I have to pay for the cost of ignition coil.

Its useless to have the 5 years warranty. Never bother to servicing at Borneo, outside workshop cheaper.

In fact the CCCS that enforced Singapore competition act stated so long servicing record at outside workshop maintained, dealer like Borneo has to honour warranty.

My case even servicing at Borneo, they use unreasonable reason to force me pay during warrranty.

Just sharing. I ever once told a TL harrier gearbox got issue, he don't believe me. 

Test drive is definitely needed now and thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated.

By the way, saw the comment about audi list price is inflated in SGcarmart and that's for existing car trade in, but I am coming from leasing and I am not trading in any car, does it mean I have to take the price literally from the website?

18 minutes ago, Hllow84 said:

Test drive is definitely needed now and thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated.

By the way, saw the comment about audi list price is inflated in SGcarmart and that's for existing car trade in, but I am coming from leasing and I am not trading in any car, does it mean I have to take the price literally from the website?

not necessarily. My friend bought A3 when he came back from overseas after 1 year, so he didn't have a car to trade in as well. Similarly my friends went overseas for 1 year and came back and bought BMWs 2AT/GT as well.

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Hllow84 said:

can be nego for a discount without trade in car. they normally give a discount plus overtrade, u can nego overtrade to be bundled into the discount.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hllow84 said:

To put it simply, a list price of 200k may mean car 160k when you go down and the SE tells you the price (trade in or not)

Assuming you have a car to trade in worth 40k, they may ask if you want to overtrade at 80k. If so, they will sell you at 200k. That is what it means by overtrade. You pay less downpayment but your monthly instalment is higher due to increase in loan.

160k u have to fork out 24k cash. 200k you don’t fork out anything since your trade in of 80k covers it.

Edited by Midorima

Overtrade is rubbish for me. 

Just need a nett price and if I cannot afford the down payment, it mean I cannot afford that car. No rocket science there.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 7

3 hours ago, Midorima said:

To put it simply, a list price of 200k may mean car 160k when you go down and the SE tells you the price (trade in or not)

Assuming you have a car to trade in worth 40k, they may ask if you want to overtrade at 80k. If so, they will sell you at 200k. That is what it means by overtrade. You pay less downpayment but your monthly instalment is higher due to increase in loan.

160k u have to fork out 24k cash. 200k you don’t fork out anything since your trade in of 80k covers 

Does PA sell different prices to cust who overtrade?

Turbocharged
On 12/5/2019 at 10:57 AM, Cheefarn said:

I am fully aware and agree that the dealers need to make a profit since they are running a biz. But a profit of 10-20k for just a B n B car is just plain too much... esp when you consider the profit margin in % in relation to the car value at that time. 

Well. they certainly do not need 10-20k cash to temper with your odometer, wrap cheap vinyl surface over your original high quality leather seats and spot respray your car with some cheap paint jobs just to cover up the door dings and chips. And then pass your car off as an all  original low mileage example. 

They are just greedy no matter how. And no one will have good things to say about used car dealers even in other countries. 

when u run your bizness, dun look at maximising your profits? yeah used car dealers cut throat, ur choice to buy new from AD or them lor.

by your analysis, no conti or premium car is good, cos AD mark them up like crazy too lor

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Hllow84 said:

Go to each of the shortlisted AD, sit down and nego. list price for reference only.

alternative you can look at management cars... volvo and BMW have a fair bit. u get decent discounts off them. volvo, u will reg as first owner, BMW, u will be 2nd owner

1 hour ago, mel1888 said:

Does PA sell different prices to cust who overtrade?

Don’t quite get your question but I think when they present to you, nowadays they show normal and overtrade, 5 year and 7 year loan for both. For illustration.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:34 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

See from which sales figure? Sg or global figure?

for more useful disccussion, maybe both.

then u can tell what SG like vs what global like