A5 sportback vs Stinger vs XE

Hllow84

On 12/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, Hllow84 said:

Confirm will haha...Cos I am pretty much a sedan guy, still couldn't appreciate the SUV drive...

This statement alone is enough for me to strongly recommend u against the Harrier. If you are the driver most of the time for your car, then go with what you really want. 

Don't buy a car because of what other people (wife included) says. Go for a test drive and see which one you really like. If you're gonna spend your hard earned money on it, get something you like!

For me personally, I'd go for the A5. Jaguar XE is quite tight at the rear... I've been eyeing the XE diesel for awhile, but dropped the idea because of the rear space.

↡ Advertisement

On 12/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, 13177 said:

This is true, not only on which car to buy, even the car colour also must listen to wifey, if not few years down the road she will nag and nag on the car colour, ''you see the car colour the other car parked there, i still find that colour looks nicer than the colour you finally choose lo''. Even though she might not be paying for the car at all. Lol. 

With wives like this...no wonder so many men "eat out" 🤣🤣🤣

On 12/5/2019 at 7:46 AM, flashbang said:

No, but I'm the one who decides on what car and what colour. Opinions sought but not necessarily accepted! 

True man of the house indeed!

Wife's opinion definitely factored into the equation, but unless she's paying for it, buying her own car or she driving most of the time, your own opinion counts more than hers. 

On 12/5/2019 at 11:27 AM, BabyBlade said:

I don't read between the lines. I take it at face value. The wife prefers a Harrier Turbo. Great choice. It's a Toyota. It's reliable. Maybe the best choice for her (less visits to the workshop etc). She can go get her own Harrier. 

But if I'm gonna be the one driving, I'm gonna buy a car that I like (looks, drives, performance). It's one whole package. Haha.

The wife can decide what bedsheets to buy, what brand of pots, dyson vaccum. Go ahead. Get it for her. But if the car is used mainly by the husband, then she shouldn't be the decision maker isn't it? 

*Sorry lots of typo gotta edit a few times*

Indeed, spoken like a good wife who loves and respects her man. 👍

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Rickster said:

This statement alone is enough for me to strongly recommend u against the Harrier. If you are the driver most of the time for your car, then go with what you really want. 

Don't buy a car because of what other people (wife included) says. Go for a test drive and see which one you really like. If you're gonna spend your hard earned money on it, get something you like!

For me personally, I'd go for the A5. Jaguar XE is quite tight at the rear... I've been eyeing the XE diesel for awhile, but dropped the idea because of the rear space.

I am also looking at the xe diesel but must pass the wife test first

Edited by Lotr

On 12/9/2019 at 2:56 PM, Hllow84 said:

Test drive is definitely needed now and thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated.

By the way, saw the comment about audi list price is inflated in SGcarmart and that's for existing car trade in, but I am coming from leasing and I am not trading in any car, does it mean I have to take the price literally from the website?

Audi list price minus 30k is real sell price 

The inflated list price figure is to get marginal buyers to think they got a great deal on their trade in and their powderful negotiation skills screwed the SE for a super good deal on a lower DP

But actually it's ownself pay ownself.....

25 minutes ago, Soya said:

The inflated list price figure is to get marginal buyers to think they got a great deal on their trade in and their powderful negotiation skills screwed the SE for a super good deal on a lower DP

No different to those 70% discount shops. Mark up high and then mark down 70%. Same same in the end. Only goondoos will get slaughtered! 😀

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Soya said:

I think Lexus also practices the same. 30-35k off for is300 and ES

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

I wish BMW does the same. But their listed prices are basically the actual prices.

Got some discount

But not 30k lah

49 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

I wish BMW does the same. But their listed prices are basically the actual prices.

their trade in prices are good...so somewhat similar...but yes, not 30k..

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

I think Lexus also practices the same. 30-35k off for is300 and ES

Lexus gotta be careful. Not all SE prepared to give or some act blur n try to give less

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, jk228b said:

their trade in prices are good...so somewhat similar...but yes, not 30k..

depends on what series

5 and above easily more than that

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Newbie26 said:

depends on what series

5 and above easily more than that

Izit? Last time when I was looking at the 530i, PML offer something like 10-15k discount onli on their over inflated prices. I laughed

Maybe they trying to shoo peasant me off...

• Praise 2

On 2/12/2020 at 8:53 AM, Soya said:

Izit? Last time when I was looking at the 530i, PML offer something like 10-15k discount onli on their over inflated prices. I laughed

Probably without trade in, even then a little surprised, 10-15k is for 3 and below

the list price always super high to nego down

With trade in, >30k off, depends on nego  

• Praise 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:53 AM, Soya said:

you said full cash right?

confirm bo nego one

full loan 20k overtrade have for g30 cos highest markup among all series:a-toast:

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

you said full cash right?

confirm bo nego one

full loan 20k overtrade have for g30 cos highest markup among all series:a-toast:

Whoaaaa.....buy badge on full loan and overtrade? Consperm die c*ck standing.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1