A5 sportback vs Stinger vs XE

Hllow84

12 minutes ago, Hllow84 said:

Confirm will haha...Cos I am pretty much a sedan guy, still couldn't appreciate the SUV drive...

I like the sportback look. But why not just buy a new A4. Lol.

Same badge, engine, same tech. Just only aesthetic difference.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Wife likes harrier, go buy harrier cant be wrong, when she is happy,  you will be happy too. Space wise, harrier is probably the best. Driver's view, harrier has the highest view point, easier for your wife too. 

If you buy any of the other three, when have problem, she will say, "see, I told you ". 

• Haha! 9

35 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Wife likes harrier, go buy harrier cant be wrong, when she is happy,  you will be happy too. Space wise, harrier is probably the best. Driver's view, harrier has the highest view point, easier for your wife too. 

If you buy any of the other three, when have problem, she will say, "see, I told you ". 

100% concur. Unless she gives TS green light that any of these other 3 are also ok. 
if I’m in his shoes then it will be harrier only 

if the rest are in equal consideration, then will be stinger, Harrier, A distant Audi followed by a distant distant jaguar. I rate the jag no better than any of the frenchies. The jag is made worse by the local dealer. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Car is a very emotional buy. If you are going to be the one driving most or all the time only your opinion should matter. You prefer the A5 obviously so why make yourself miserable by compromising and going with the flow. 

If all men need to do is to follow their wife's choice then this forum is for what de. 

Edited by Ganwb79
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Ganwb79 said:

Car is a very emotional buy. If you are going to be the one driving most or all the time only your opinion should matter. You prefer the A5 obviously so why make yourself miserable by compromising and going with the flow. 

If all men need to do is to follow their wife's choice then this forum is for what de. 

this forum is for us to evaluate your wife’s choices..... unless you are a single

🤣

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Nope. It means used car dealers are commanding such insane profit on the used cars they sell and they are hoping for people like you to take the bait into believing the Harrier is highly valuable... :D They are commanding at least 10-20k profit... the poor Harrier owner was prob lowballed hard when he sold his car away

Seriously I would take the brand new Kia Stinger, 3.3 if you have 200k to spare. You need to test drive it to get out of the myth mindset that Korean cars are cheap, crappy products. This ain't 1988. They have long passed the Hyundai Excel and Stellar times.

The Stinger will outrun all of your other choices with ease, and becos its a Kia, svcs will be easy and outside shops will be able to svcs it easily too. And Kia will be the most reliable of the lot, esp against the Euro models...by a long shot. 

Harrier is a dated platform and it lacks the design and refinement and tech powess of the competitors. If its SUV u want, you are better off with Mazda CX5 2.5, Kia Sorento SX diesel, Hyundai Tuscon 1.6T if you don't want to spend too much $$. All these are better designed than the Harrier. 

The 2 Euro brands... well you have been warned...  :D And pls, warranty from AD is as good as none if the car has issues that are more complicated than oil change and ATF change. You should aim for models that are generally very reliable and robust, instead of hoping the warranty still stands and that the AD will perform magic on your problematic car..

I agree with this post. 

All quite different choices though, including some new cars, used cars, SUV, sports sedan, European, Japanese, Korean (and Indian?). 

Probably need a hard think about what you actually want. 

I would go with the Kia stinger of the choices. Harriers kind of bore me, since they are so common.  I also don't consider them to be best in class since they are so old. Used Euro cars is often asking for trouble as much nice cars they are. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Got audi badge, can be forgiven lah. 

Confirm if the kia had mechanical issues, will kana say until ear canal enlarge... 

• Haha! 3

if you plan to drive beyond warranty period, buy the stinger/harrier turbo for reliability sake and not having to visit the workshop too often.

if you want looks, A5 sportback is simply gorgeous and next in line is the stinger. both are sporty enough. 

if you want a classy sedan, go for xe but i feel that the rear seats are kinda cramp. reliability is a big question mark too. 

harrier turbo, needs no introduction. its a toyota and it will never die.  

if your wife is paying, just listen to her and it will save your ears and possibly your life as well. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I like the sportback look. But why not just buy a new A4. Lol.

Same badge, engine, same tech. Just only aesthetic difference.

yeah vivo having promo of 149k for a4, probably for clearing the older stocks though. 

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

This is true, not only on which car to buy, even the car colour also must listen to wifey, if not few years down the road she will nag and nag on the car colour, ''you see the car colour the other car parked there, i still find that colour looks nicer than the colour you finally choose lo''. Even though she might not be paying for the car at all. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This is true, not only on which car to buy, even the car colour also must listen to wifey, if not few years down the road she will nag and nag on the car colour, ''you see the car colour the other car parked there, i still find that colour looks nicer than the colour you finally choose lo''. Even though she might not be paying for the car at all. Lol.

Till it breaks. The previous A5 was a shit load of trouble. 

9 hours ago, flashbang said:

TS forgot to give the most crucial piece of information: wife paying or not?

No money no talk! That's my principle 🤣

Did you say it to her face? 🤪

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Did you say it to her face? 🤪

No, but I'm the one who decides on what car and what colour. Opinions sought but not necessarily accepted! 

• Praise 1