Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019

Watwheels

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Anyway. I doubt any of the people beyond the ones going for the marathon or have family going down knew the SCSM was happening at night. 
So not surprising, the outcome is the worst traffic jam in town for years.

I knew the SCSM was at night only cos my colleague signed up for the half marathon but is also a U2 fan and decided not to go for the SCSM. I'm sure that I'm probably the only person in my entire circle of friends and family to even know this.

And even then, i thought it was a sundown thing. 10pm kick off or what...

That is what I felt lacking form the organiser. Need to have more of those in your face posters ahead of the event.. People not interested in the running event will not notice those short announcement from radio or TV. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Waze has road closure notification popped up on my phone more than once.

Already on the road liao mah. U can't start driving off, start off your navigation, then suddenly half way drive your car back to the house and change to go take public transport... 

It's only happened the other way round. Want to take public transport but instead drove yourself instead... [laugh]

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

That is what I felt lacking form the organiser. Need to have more of those in your face posters ahead of the event.. People not interested in the running event will not notice those short announcement from radio or TV. 

I think is also a normal reaction. U tell me, i also would be puzzled.
At most i would think it's Sundown overnight run.

After all people who run marathons are considered siao lang by many [laugh]

I'm sure even during the jam, most of the drivers and passengers stuck inside the jam had no bloody clue why it jam. U tell them marathon, they "huh, isn't marathon done in mornings like every other 99% of previous such events held"

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Just now, Lala81 said:

Already on the road liao mah. U can't start driving off, start off your navigation, then suddenly half way drive your car back to the house and change to go take public transport... 

It's only happened the other way round. Want to take public transport but instead drove yourself instead... [laugh]

The notice popped up a couple days before saturday.  It was not during the time when i was using the app.

In fact, it popped up while i was sitting at home.

• Praise 1

Just now, inlinesix said:

The notice popped up a couple days before saturday.  It was not during the time when i was using the app.

In fact, it popped up while i was sitting at home.

That's pretty cool. 
I saw the road closures signs on the highways but didn't bother to read.

Hahaha if a navi app decided to send me notification while i wasn't using, i will block it on android [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ender said:

it's strange, and I don't understand it either. But if you see all major cities in the world, they have to have one major marathon right in the heart of the city, and  named the marathon event after city itself.

orh. you run a shitty event for publicity. that's no problem

but can't stop me from saying it is shitty. And if many are like me, then whole world will think it is shitty.

Maybe they believe that no publicity is bad publicity? 

31 minutes ago, Kusje said:

orh. you run a shitty event for publicity. that's no problem

but can't stop me from saying it is shitty. And if many are like me, then whole world will think it is shitty.

Maybe they believe that no publicity is bad publicity? 

I am ok with you guys saying it's a shitty event, becoz you guy felt inconvenience. Never stop you there. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, sgcarmart2019 said:

plus the island wide jam?

Where got island wide? Agree with massive jam in the city though. 

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Ender said:

I am ok with you guys saying it's a shitty event, becoz you guy felt inconvenience. Never stop you there. 

"you" meaning the govt. or whichever clown is responsible.

Just now, sgcarmart2019 said:

singapore how big nia

almost half of it jam

If you can't contribute anything positive take a back seat please and chill and .... SCM has been doing it for over 17 years If my memory proves me right and hiccups will happen, let them and the stakeholders decide whats the direction or trajectory; BTW I have done 21 FM already seen the good, bad and ugly at different levels and taken it at stride at different issues coolingly , we get a certain adrenalin rush going on and I'm sure another 51,000 whom participated did so too, nothing unhealthy about them too     

• Praise 7

9 minutes ago, sgcarmart2019 said:

singapore how big nia

almost half of it jam

Big enough that seng kang, Tampines, pasir ris, cck, bt panjang not affected.  That is not island wide where you exaggerated. 

Not going to defend the SCSM organiser, coz the traffic control do need to improve, inconvenience for people in the city I do consider is a major hit. 

I am signing up again next year. 😁 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

If you can't contribute anything positive take a back seat please and chill and .... SCM has been doing it for over 17 years If my memory proves me right and hiccups will happen, let them and the stakeholders decide whats the direction or trajectory; BTW I have done 21 FM already seen the good, bad and ugly at different levels and taken it at stride at different issues coolingly , we get a certain adrenalin rush going on and I'm sure another 51,000 whom participated did so too, nothing unhealthy about them too     

Non participants are stakeholders too. 

26 minutes ago, Ender said:

Big enough that seng kang, Tampines, pasir ris, cck, bt panjang not affected.  That is not island wide where you exaggerated. 

Not going to defend the SCSM organiser, coz the traffic control do need to improve, inconvenience for people in the city I do consider is a major hit. 

I am signing up again next year. 😁 

Organiser should petition govt to declare following Monday PH and waive toll. Drivers will Cheong ron100 and kept happy.

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Non participants are stakeholders too. 

This I have to agree how SCSM have to engage better. 

I feel for the wedding couple. Hosting wedding at the hotels in that part of town on a Sat night is very normal. So many horse behind cannon comments that they should have foresaw it? Serious? If they are not the running type how do you expect them to keep track of a marathon event they have no interest in, put 2 and 2 together and realise their wedding's gonna be disrupted? Besides, SCM has always been conducted in the morning, this sudden switch to evening is what royally screwed everyone up. 

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, BanCoe said:

OOii!! I shoot to kill hor!! :grin:This type I like (bride in distress)

Hantu type 👺(BM type) U like, every1 knows     

When I shoot ......... Billions of tadpole will fly out ! :grin: 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

45 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

When I shoot ......... Billions of tadpole will fly out ! :grin: 

Yes I know and NEA also consperm thousands of sterile Wolbachia mozzies released .... they thank you for your contribution to them & mankind and less dengue cases now 🤣🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3