Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019

Watwheels

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

The notice popped up a couple days before saturday.  It was not during the time when i was using the app.

In fact, it popped up while i was sitting at home.

who the hell turn on waze app while sitting at home? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, sgcarmart2019 said:

seem like a lot of supporters for this event ranked one of the worst on this planet

3 hours ago, sgcarmart2019 said:

seem like alot of supporters for this substandard event ranked one of the worst on this planet

i never run and never support SCSM, but i think you are just talking cock lah. -_-

• Haha! 1

Yeah the jam was bad. When I saw the queue into the Marina area , quickly turned into a car park (next to MRT) and took MRT instead . MRT was also full of blue singlet runners haha. But the inconvenience was with my elderly parents who could barely walk . It took a lot of walking and resting before we reached our destination . Thankfully the MRT riders were kind enough to let my parents sit. It was quite an experience

Edited by Count_duku
  • Praise 3

I live around MacPherson area and had to take 1 freaking hour to get to Holiday Inn hotel on that day.

I had to travel all the way up to Bukit Merah area and turn back to get to Holiday Inn. And that's avoiding the expressway, taking small road via Alexandra, Tiong Bahru. 

Absolutely hate all these events gathering around town area and causing all the unnecessary jams like as we we don't have enough during weekdays. 

Seriously to try to make SCM into something recognize by the world is no excuse for the poor planning on traffic management. And I also blame LTA in lacking the foresight to approve the requested road closure. 

Like someone mentioned, non participants are also stakeholders. No point having a rah-rah marathon where the public is against it. 

Edited by Gizmore
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

So did they move the timing next year? Is there a petition to force them to change the timing?

i think the timing this year was just horrible. For the non runners, I am sure they hated this year timing. 
even for the runners, was it better?? I don’t think so too right. 

18 hours ago, Ender said:

That is what I felt lacking form the organiser. Need to have more of those in your face posters ahead of the event.. People not interested in the running event will not notice those short announcement from radio or TV. 

Ya Lor, I did not know until mcf posted.... lucky never go to town that day. 

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

So did they move the timing next year? Is there a petition to force them to change the timing?

i think the timing this year was just horrible. For the non runners, I am sure they hated this year timing. 

Read Sports Singapore response. Our opinion doesn’t matter.

My last run was in 2015. I rather go overseas to race as the weather is so much cooler.

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Nah...the main spokesperson for the event organiser said the last thing they would do is to change the timing next year. It was in the news interview. 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Nah...the main spokesperson for the event organiser said the last thing they would do is to change the timing next year. It was in the news interview. 

That was what I had been saying for some times since the organizer intended to join world major.

Certainly this is a case of lack of foresight. All the organisations involved, even LTA, did not feel the need to reach out to the public about the road closures beyond their usual SOP.

What is the big deal with S&C marathon, not a word of apologies and the authority did nothing to smoothen the jammed traffic, road diversion and chaos caused by the afternoon and late races.

I can never forgive S&C organisers for the stupity screwed-up where thousand of cars were caught unguarded. Totally lacked of responsibility

15 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Did government say anything?? Just keep quiet?

4 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Did government say anything?? Just keep quiet?

Nope. As far as I know, no one from the government come out to say anything in response to all the complains online. 

Probably behind closed doors, someone at LTA kanna buttered for approving the closures. But then again, we never know if Ironman Asia has connections to someone high up for this to be approved at the first place. Else, the previous organiser spectrum worldwide will have tried the same stunt to flag off at 6pm also. 

I believe both marathon and F1 are top direction LTA has no say. LTA only carry out instruction to close roads. The only difference of the 2 event, which team are more receptive to feedback and more willing to compromise. Only those involved can tell you people the truth behind the scene. 

3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Nope. As far as I know, no one from the government come out to say anything in response to all the complains online. 

Probably behind closed doors, someone at LTA kanna buttered for approving the closures. But then again, we never know if Ironman Asia has connections to someone high up for this to be approved at the first place. Else, the previous organiser spectrum worldwide will have tried the same stunt to flag off at 6pm also. 

This event is owned by Ah Gong. Their objective is to be included in world major. Having TV time is important.
Regardless whoever is the organizer, if evening run is needed, it will go ahead.

It’s up to us to take note what’s happening around us.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

The closest to a government to make a comment on these was the apology from Sports Singapore, stat board. They are the actual organizers for Singapore Marathon. 

35 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This event is owned by Ah Gong. Their objective is to be included in world major. Having TV time is important.
Regardless whoever is the organizer, if evening run is needed, it will go ahead.

It’s up to us to take note what’s happening around us.

So they find timing is the right one

But location need to be reconsidered.

The affected area of SCMS is much bigger than F1. Much bigger. 

Bigger crowd and routes are longer

Its poor planning with the relevant agencies and stakeholders. 

I can really emphatse those newly wed that were affected. 

They will never forget about their dinner their whole life. 

↡ Advertisement