Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019

Watwheels

Just now, Atonchia said:

So they find timing is the right one

But location need to be reconsidered.

The affected area of SCMS is much bigger than F1. Much bigger. 

Bigger crowd and routes are longer

Its poor planning with the relevant agencies and stakeholders. 

I can really emphatse those newly wed that were affected. 

They will never forget about their dinner their whole life. 

To be on TV, the route cannot be in Timbuktu.

We might think that it’s poor planning. To Ah Gong, it could be a step closer to achieving their goal.

My point here is to be wary of your surrounding. Even in matters that doesn’t interest you.

It could save you a lot of tears or inconvenience.

Honestly, the hotel should be wary of impending road closure in May 2019 or earlier. The couple should be warned then.

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

To be on TV, the route cannot be in Timbuktu.

We might think that it’s poor planning. To Ah Gong, it could be a step closer to achieving their goal.

My point here is to be wary of your surrounding. Even in matters that doesn’t interest you.

It could save you a lot of tears or inconvenience.

Honestly, the hotel should be wary of impending road closure in May 2019 or earlier. The couple should be warned then.

So it's the communication to those going affected not good enough. 

Anyway, we have been rated the 3rd worst Marathon in the World. Just behind My and India. 😅

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

So it's the communication to those going affected not good enough. 

Anyway, we have been rated the 3rd worst Marathon in the World. Just behind My and India. 😅

The ranking was done by a sneaker portal. I will take it with a pinch of salt.

Looking at how SCHKM done it’s road closure and subsequent opening. We could learn from them.

2 hours ago, Atonchia said:

So they find timing is the right one

But location need to be reconsidered.

The affected area of SCMS is much bigger than F1. Much bigger. 

Bigger crowd and routes are longer

Its poor planning with the relevant agencies and stakeholders. 

I can really emphatse those newly wed that were affected. 

They will never forget about their dinner their whole life. 

To be honest, when F1 first started the road closures everyone also kpkb and the time taken to block / re open the roads are longer initially. But gradually, they improved and streamline their operations as of today. So I think SCMS could do the same eventually. 

The difference is F1 is a damn big hoo-ha and all over the news in its initial year, so everyone also know to avoid the area. SCMS on the other hand, could do much better this year in terms of awareness. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

57 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

To be honest, when F1 first started the road closures everyone also kpkb and the time taken to block / re open the roads are longer initially. But gradually, they improved and streamline their operations as of today. So I think SCMS could do the same eventually. 

The difference is F1 is a damn big hoo-ha and all over the news in its initial year, so everyone also know to avoid the area. SCMS on the other hand, could do much better this year in terms of awareness. 

even people who are barely interested in cars/racing/F1 are excited by the hype/glitz/glamour of F1 (although I don't understand why).

Can see many VIPs/Celebrities go see F1 race and after-parties, as well as regular people go for the concerts.

who will come see SCSM?

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

even people who are barely interested in cars/racing/F1 are excited by the hype/glitz/glamour of F1 (although I don't understand why).

Can see many VIPs/Celebrities go see F1 race and after-parties, as well as regular people go for the concerts.

who will come see SCSM?

Nowadays people go not to watch the race, but to attend the concerts at F1 and to spot celebrities :D

Just now, Lethalstrike said:

Nowadays people go not to watch the race, but to attend the concerts at F1 and to spot celebrities :D

ah SCSM needs to do 3 nites of concerts!

Did the authorities ask you guys to vote whether to have marathon or F1? It is a decision made right above and will proceed regardless what ordinary folks think. Someone from the organising committee says, it is here to stay and it will be same timing.  This shows he knows he has the support all the way up. 

Do we need F1 and marathon? I guess the arguement will not end with any result. Beside such disruptive events, no other ways to promote Singapore? Or just because eventually it will be accepted,  then proceed lor.

13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/stanchart-marathon-may-be-moved-to-june

For 2020, may and highly will be shifted forward to June.  And then they forgot got GSS, ppl coming out to buy buy buy. Everywhere going to be jam also...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

However, Mr Soh Rui Yong, who won the Singaporean Men's marathon title, said: "June is possibly the worst time to hold the Singapore Marathon, given that May and June are usually the hottest months of the year. This will heighten the risk of heat injuries."

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

For 2020, may and highly will be shifted forward to June.  And then they forgot got GSS, ppl coming out to buy buy buy. Everywhere going to be jam also...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Means the jam problem gonna shifted to June.

There are people comparing SCM to F1.. saying F1 road closure done it very well and traffic still not that bad.. so it is SCM side that is not doing a good planning to ensure less traffic jam. But people fail to realize that F1 road closure is confined to Marina Square area, esplanade bridge, fullelton road, part of stamford road. So drivers who is going to other part of places have no issue going. Those going to marina square and suntec area and also hotels there is able to bypass the road and use basement carpark, coz the carpark is linked. So it is confined to one area only.

Whereas SCM road closure is very long.. its a 42 KM run.. 42km run vs around 5 or 6km F1 track. So of coz the 42km run road closure will affect more vehicles. Plus the 42km run road closure intercept few major traffic junction. These junction are used heavily by vehicles. If they want to avoid, they have to drive 1 big round. Plus there is no underground carpark linking to many shopping malls and hotels like the marina square and suntec do. So I forsee that june SCM road closure will be no different from last year SCM road closure. Simply put, the road closure stretch is in double digit KM, not single digit KM, plus it intercept few major traffic junction. so yeah..

19 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Now the news is out, I imagine a barrage of calls to the banquet manager for those weddings already booked in June. 😄

• Haha! 2

since SG got so many parks and paths connected by park connectors, mayb sld consider doing SCSM using the connectors. Mostly sheltered and parks connected some more.

No scare wind no scare rain, got greenery to see some more...[:p][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement