Cross Island Line to take direct route across sgp

Didu

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

and after the train stop, take a lift of 25 stories upwards . building things underground while help remove space restrictions is also quite costly. Ask those in the industry how much was the cost of building the carpark at esplanade and your balls will drop.

The complexity of digging and worst if the soil composite is mostly clay. then even worst.

What about the esplanade carpark ah?

↡ Advertisement

19 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Imagine the Bishan portal type of flooding in the 2km section than runs under the reserve!!

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/cross-island-line-debate-misses-elephant-in-room

"By going through a tract of primary and secondary forests, the Land Transport Authority would not only do irreparable damage to a pristine habitat nestling around our reservoirs, but it will also be rendering up to 4km of the 50km rail project void of patronage and revenue.

The Nature Society's suggestion of an alternative route is sound, even if its primary consideration is to prevent the destruction of indigenous flora and fauna.

The route calls for the line to loop around the southern edges of the nature reserve. This actually will allow it to serve residents in Thomson, Lornie and Adam roads, not to mention the massive development planned for Bukit Brown.

Align it a bit farther south, and it can even serve Balestier, a bustling hub that does not have any MRT planned as yet.

The LTA says the alternative route would entail longer travelling time, higher cost, more land acquisition, and possibly bigger engineering challenges associated with going through a more built-up area. These reasons hold little merit when compared with the benefits of serving a larger community.

And if travelling time were such a huge concern, surely we should look to things such as speedier trains, better synchronicity between train and platform doors, and a more sophisticated signalling system?

Admittedly, a diversion will cost more than going straight through the forest. But then again, think of the larger benefit. The higher ridership and revenue that come with a line that serves populated areas instead of an uninhabited nature reserve will pay for the higher cost over the lifetime of the line. So, let's not be penny-wise and pound-foolish."

The Nature Society must have a lot of expertise to opine on the maths.  They should just keep to the argument that flora and fauna are priceless.  

LTA should rebutt with numbers.  A simple table to tabulate all the costs and benefits of the 2 routes but will they?  Surely for such a big investment, they would have done their maths.

Edited by Voodooman

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/cross-island-line-mrt-crl-direct-route-central-nature-reserve-12152290

workers-at-cross-island-line-site.jpg

Site investigation works for the future Cross Island Line being carried out at the Central Catchment Nature Reserve. (Photo: TODAY)

Wayang show starring Siva, Kumar and Raj from India. 😂

Dig tunnel must give so much limelight wan meh?

Edited by Watwheels

7 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Cross Island Line phase 2 to open by 2032 with 6 MRT stations, from Turf City to Jurong Lake District

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/cross-island-lines-phase-2-to-open-in-2032-with-6-mrt-stations-from-turf-city-to-jurong-lake-district

wah, how much more digging can +65 tahan ... [sweatdrop]

In 10 years time got MRT to Turf City area. Lol.

Any idea what is the exact location for West Coast station will be located?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

Cross Island Line phase 2 to open by 2032 with 6 MRT stations, from Turf City to Jurong Lake District

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/cross-island-lines-phase-2-to-open-in-2032-with-6-mrt-stations-from-turf-city-to-jurong-lake-district

wah, how much more digging can +65 tahan ... [sweatdrop]

Another 10 years of digging at King Albert.... 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Blueray said:

Near to this area? Thought it will be further down near to the west coast plaza. Now i know why they SERS those HDB flats at that area, is to build the Cross Island line.

Anyway, this area finally have MRT, no more ulu. No wonder the HDB price in west coast area seems to have increased close to the HDB at clementi MRT side.

Edited by 13177

38 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Near to this area? Thought it will be further down near to the west coast plaza. Now i know why they SERS those HDB flats at that area, is to build the Cross Island line.

Anyway, this area finally have MRT, no more ulu. No wonder the HDB price in west coast area seems to have increased close to the HDB at clementi MRT side.

Ayer rajah food centre just one bus stop away to west coast plaza( former Gimza?)

I see the newly built condo along that stretch of aye prices going to increase pretty soon.  I read 3 plots of pte properties will be reclaimed for the station. Any idea which 3 plots?

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Ayer rajah food centre just one bus stop away to west coast plaza( former Gimza?)

I see the newly built condo along that stretch of aye prices going to increase pretty soon.  I read 3 plots of pte properties will be reclaimed for the station. Any idea which 3 plots?

“They include two industrial units owned by JTC that are currently leased to private entities at Pandan Loop Industrial Estate. Compensation will be based on the market value of the acquired land/subterranean.

A third plot is a stratum of subterranean space under part of a car park, taking up 18 parking lots, at Casa Esperanza Condominium on Bukit Timah Road.”

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Kopites said:

One bus stop away to west coast plaza? But still need to take bus lo. But good la, next time have MRT liao in that area.

Heard the 3 plots are two JTC industrial and some parking lots in a condo for King Albert station. Saw the news interviewed residents for that affected condo, many 'not happy' that parts of their parking lots got acquiredm since the parkin lots in that condo already not enough and have parking problem. And it might affect their property price due to the building of the MRT. 😅

Edited by 13177

Just now, 13177 said:

Heard the 3 plots are two JTC industrial and some parking lots in a condo for King Albert station. Saw the news interviewed residents for that affected condo, many 'not happy' that parts of their parking lots got acquiredm since the parkin lots in that condo already not enough and have parking problem. And it might affect their property price due to the building of the MRT. 😅

“The surface land above the subterranean space will be returned to the land owner on completion of CRL2 works, which could take about six years. Replacement car park spaces will be provided in the meantime.”

18 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Another 10 years of digging at King Albert.... 

Really, whole area is doing my head in...... they start digging up everything again when BT food court gets demolished, new bus interchange across the road with new MRT exit/tunnel to BW station.

Still digging the KAP junction. Just repair the canal there after last dig for DTL went so badly wrong then need to dig again?

The whole country will just be a layer of grass over concrete and metal. And people wonder why the place floods when there is some rain..... under the MRT we'll end up digging deeper into the mantel just to store water 😒

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Really, whole area is doing my head in...... they start digging up everything again when BT food court gets demolished, new bus interchange across the road with new MRT exit/tunnel to BW station.

Still digging the KAP junction. Just repair the canal there after last dig for DTL went so badly wrong then need to dig again?

The whole country will just be a layer of grass over concrete and metal. And people wonder why the place floods when there is some rain..... under the MRT we'll end up digging deeper into the mantel just to store water 😒

Just build underground cistern lo

😂

20 minutes ago, bsswan said:

The bt timah area just finished completed DTL, and now they start to dig for Cross Island line. [sweatdrop]

What BT food court gets demolised?

near my sis home. Happy for her. Increased connectivity for her family when her kids get older.

My parents home is not close enough to maju camp though to make a difference. Probably still use clementi MRT.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement