Cross Island Line to take direct route across sgp

Didu

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The bt timah area just finished completed DTL, and now they start to dig for Cross Island line. [sweatdrop]

What BT food court gets demolised?

The Bjt. Timah food court and market is to make way for, I think, a new CC.

↡ Advertisement

29 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

near my sis home. Happy for her. Increased connectivity for her family when her kids get older.

My parents home is not close enough to maju camp though to make a difference. Probably still use clementi MRT.

Find the maju MRT more benefit the school there. This station is not near to residential. Since the nearest housing is at sunset way. Something like the current Dover MRT, also benefit the poly there more than residential. This is why they need to clear the forest area at the Dover MRT to build HDB, to max the use of the MRT.

12 minutes ago, bsswan said:

The Bjt. Timah food court and market is to make way for, I think, a new CC.

You mean the Bt Timah food centre there would be tear down? 😲

13 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

Where got say?

It is something I remember I read, I think at a Rail Corridor display at BTCC.

Let me see what I can find but I'm still almost certain that's what was indicated, something like a new community centre.

12 minutes ago, bsswan said:

It is something I remember I read, I think at a Rail Corridor display at BTCC.

Let me see what I can find but I'm still almost certain that's what was indicated, something like a new community centre.

Got say where they move the Bt Timah food centre to?

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Currently they are building the Beauty World bus interchange opposite the Bt Timah Food Centre. This could be where the integrated facility is?

The bus interchange is opposite the new integrated facility. The food court and market will close.

Also, they are building a condo and mixed development facility above and around the bus interchange.

Edited by bsswan

6 minutes ago, bsswan said:

The bus interchange is opposite the new integrated facility. The food court and market will close.

Also, they are building a condo and mixed development facility above and around the bus interchange.

Thy should build the new food centre and market before they close it. This food centre is a popular food centre le, pity to see the current location tear down.

• Praise 2

31 minutes ago, bsswan said:

So still will have hawker centre la. Just integrated with new CC

Cannot be they drive out all the hawker stalls mah. There got quite a lot of good food leh.😥

Just now, 13177 said:

Thy should build the new food centre and market before they close it. This food centre is a popular food centre le, pity to see the current location tear down.

The idea is to build a new food court in the new facility, but don't ask me what happens to existing stalls. That one, for sure cannot remember timing.

I honestly don't remember if they will pull it down only after the interchange is finished, so market/stalls can move over because Beauty World is already full. IF they do this way, BW and KAP stretch for sure will not be finished for 10yrs as @Volvobrick said earlier. It's been such a mess in the neighbourhood for almost 15yrs already when they first started for DTL. Traffic passed that Shell station and BTCC can be bad anyway, cars trying to get into a small, and usually full carpark with others coming out trying to get across three lanes of traffic.

6 minutes ago, bsswan said:

The idea is to build a new food court in the new facility, but don't ask me what happens to existing stalls. That one, for sure cannot remember timing.

I honestly don't remember if they will pull it down only after the interchange is finished, so market/stalls can move over because Beauty World is already full. IF they do this way, BW and KAP stretch for sure will not be finished for 10yrs as @Volvobrick said earlier. It's been such a mess in the neighbourhood for almost 15yrs already when they first started for DTL. Traffic passed that Shell station and BTCC can be bad anyway, cars trying to get into a small, and usually full carpark with others coming out trying to get across three lanes of traffic.

That area whether got construction or not, the traffic there always heavy and messy. 😅

2 hours ago, bsswan said:

Damn sian because I have to use this stretch often. Very badly design, not catering to the traffic volume in various directions. And PIE traffic from Tuas has to go one big loop to get to Dunearn. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Damn sian because I have to use this stretch often. Very badly design, not catering to the traffic volume in various directions. And PIE traffic from Tuas has to go one big loop to set to Dunearn. 

Yeah, that part's stupid.

At least they are almost finished the other dig, moving the exit from PIE-Changi from the fast lane to the left side. Who thought that was a bright idea in the beginning should be given a lobotomy.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Currently they are building the Beauty World bus interchange opposite the Bt Timah Food Centre. This could be where the integrated facility is?

my feel is that bus interchange can accommodate 8 bus services maximum. any more than that traffic around there will be [crazy]

• Praise 1

On 9/20/2022 at 4:40 PM, Blueray said:

Cross Island Line phase 2 to open by 2032 with 6 MRT stations, from Turf City to Jurong Lake District

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/cross-island-lines-phase-2-to-open-in-2032-with-6-mrt-stations-from-turf-city-to-jurong-lake-district

wah, how much more digging can +65 tahan ... [sweatdrop]

In future travelling time between Clementi and Ang Mo Kio will be shorten by quite a bit. Folks travelling between Pasir Ris and Hougang will also be happier.    :a-dothewave:

20220920-sw-crlmap.jpg?itok=5mhz90Xa

Edited by Didu
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1