Budget 2020

RadX

Internal Moderator
Just now, Blueray said:

wah, car so special ah ...

Vicom need to invest in new equipment to inspect this type of car, inspection fee will be $600 and must inspect every year. 

must check you never harvest extra electricity and then use to it for your home kettle, water heater or re-sell electricity.

[laugh]

Hahha. I will standby a strong magnet inside the car.

Then what will happen to F1 in Singapore? We need to be environment friendly leh. hahahah. 😂

Cannot see charles leclerc and the rest liao like that.

↡ Advertisement

15 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Our govt very honest. Tell you straight in the face, I die die wanna earn from you!

If I own a electric car, I need this.

panasonic-solar-2.png

They cannot charge me for solar energy right! 🤣

They already know your intention - that's why they will implement more upfront road tax on EV!  You pay even if you can't recharge/drive due to rainy weather.   

• Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Then what will happen to F1 in Singapore? We need to be environment friendly leh. hahahah. 😂

if you are thinking of buying this car and also using it as power generator and dun need to pay SP Services ... LTA will come up with ruling that EV cannot have power out sockets. 

[scholar]

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Can switch to Formula E

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Lol ev tax plus incentive = net no change to gahmen revenue

Do they even know what is the meaning of "incentive"???

Trust LTA to come up with the same convoluted formulas to screw you for more money. complicated early turn over scheme. VES rebates and penalties and their different categories.

buying EV will the the new time share...... suck you in with incentive and then bleed you dry to keep it.

Just follow the type of cars the ministers and their kah kias buy... doubt any of them went with a diesel or  CNG in the past.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Wildfaye29 said:

This also means parf will be affected lor.

And the savings upfront may not pass to buyer because kena makan aft dealer level lor.

Haha, very perceptive observation. Same as the VES scheme.

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

big changes coming...... don't buy car now....watch and wait..

LOL so will coe drop tomorrow or for the next few biddings?

17 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Trust LTA to come up with the same convoluted formulas to screw you for more money. complicated early turn over scheme. VES rebates and penalties and their different categories.

buying EV will the the new time share...... suck you in with incentive and then bleed you dry to keep it.

Just follow the type of cars the ministers and their kah kias buy... doubt any of them went with a diesel or  CNG in the past.

Ev and hybrid premium means the car *only* makes economic sense if ur a high mileage user. Now they wanna tax mileage it wipes out the one benefit the car actually has. Really brainless move

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Lol ev tax plus incentive = net no change to gahmen revenue

Do they even know what is the meaning of "incentive"???

To them "less disincentives" = "insentives".... 

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

To them "less disincentives" = "insentives".... 

So complicated until we just have to trust them that we r better off right??? Like gst hike and gst rebate package? 🙄

6 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

The govt does not welcome Tesla as Tesla wants to build a network of superchargers in Singapore as fast chargers for their cars. Monopolizing is only for GLCs, not private corporations. Unless Elon Musk gave his word to build a mega factory at Tuas, then probably we will give him more room for negotiations. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wildfaye29 said:

Those who purchase fully electric cars and taxis will receive a rebate of up to 45 per cent on the additional registration fee, capped at $20,000, Mr Heng announces.

This incentive will be implemented for three years, from January 2021.

Knn, blardy ADs will juz markup their selling price by $20k and sapu all the rebates upfront lah

This shld be phased out over the 10 years as a rebate to the owner so that subsequent owners of used EVs can continue to enjoy the benefits 

• Praise 1