Toddler Fell 5 Floors To Death From Gap in Incomplete Bridge

Carbon82

I remember a case in one of a 5-star hotel in Singapore. Man fell to his death on wedding night when he went out to smoke because hotel under renovation.  Did i get this right?

16 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Ya lot. Here's a similar case from  a country with a thriving national airline. Much better because the victim didn't die.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/woman-sues-pub-for-millions-after-falling-into-manhole

leaving the manhole open is a mistake.

but really alot of time. we should be asking ourself, why such a big hole on the ground, u didint see and step in??

dun assume everywhere we step is safe. having your eye on where we step instead of on our device or else where will help alot also.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

I have a toddler almost the same age. He loves to run around.

Although inside the house, it's a lot safer, I have to run after him in case he falls.

Losing a child in this manner is indeed very heart-wrenching,

As a parent, you have to look after him every minute of the day, just to be sure he's safe.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Just to be safe, try not to let toddlers run ahead or get out of your range. Can happen even in situation as simple as crossing a road, I see some parents or maids simply let the small kids dash off far ahead of them. I know this is a kind of Asian helicopter parenting style vs western view of letting the kids fall and pick themselves up, but there are simply too many dangers around these days in our urbanised environment.

Edited by Sosaria

Work site safety need to improve but it should not cause 'work impossible' where people put layers till nothing get done.

In my opinion, standard has been dropping and not improving due to the labour and people involved in construction industry. 

On 12/6/2019 at 12:06 PM, Carbon82 said:

For that, I am thankful that we have strict safety regulations here that minimize such occurrence.

Other things to look out for when going overseas include traffic, object(s) falling from height, as well as snatch robber / kidnapper...

Especially when travelling to countries with left-hand-drive traffic, it is even more dangerous!

...but the police statement is equally irresponsible, trying to shift the blame to the mother!

Edited by Fitvip

On 12/6/2019 at 11:46 AM, Carbon82 said:

As a parent, I can feel the pain. May the toddler RIP.

Original article:

Shocking Video Shows Johor Toddler Falling 5 Floors To Her Death From Gap in Incomplete Bridge

All Malaysians love to go on a family vacation during the school holidays especially since it’s the end of the year and the festive season approaches.

However, for this family, their joyful vacation turned to one of sorrow as an unfortunate accident happened right before the mother’s eyes.

On Sunday (1st December 2019), a family from Batu Pahat, Johor was visiting the beautiful district of Penampang when tragedy struck. The family of four was having lunch on the fifth floor of a building located on Jalan Bundusan around 3.40pm.

The mother allowed her two children to play around a nearby corridor and she was following them from behind. The pair of sisters (a three-year-old and a toddler who is a year and seven months old) were running hand in hand happily towards the direction of a bridge to a connecting building.

There were no warning signs put up by the construction company or whatsoever, so the mother paid no heed and let her children enjoy themselves to the fullest as she was keeping an eye on them. Little did they know that the bridge is actually still under construction until it was too late. The toddler ran a little faster than her sister and she suddenly dropped down from the fifth floor onto the concrete ground below through a gaping hole.

79191945_709449876213039_542873705610267

77197038_709111136246913_388285210577338

As soon as the incident happened, the police were alerted of the incident and the toddler was rushed to the hospital. Unfortunately, at 4.30pm she was pronounced dead by doctors.

However, according to Daily Express Sabah, a Chinese newspaper implied that the mother was not supervising her children at the time of the incident. They used the word “membiar” which means the children were allowed to do as they liked based on the official statement from the police.

This came as a shock to the family members of the deceased as the mother was following the children, and there is even video proof to show that!

The official statement from the police is contradictive to what the mother had lodged in her police report. Roger Chow, the uncle of the deceased says:

“The mother did not “membiar” or was irresponsible as suggested, but was filming her children running ahead of her, not knowing the danger that lies ahead. In her police report, she also mentioned that there were no warning signs put up by the management of the building.”

To show what he said was the truth, Roger showed the people of Daily Express the police report which clearly states that the mother was supervising the children.

78250154_709111182913575_812637846250507

Facebook link showing the fall (not for the faint heart)

Reveal hidden contents

After watching the video, I can imagine how helpless the mother was! She had to quickly grab the elder daughter and ran back as there was no way she could reach the fallen kid! 

RIP, kid.

↡ Advertisement