Rabbit meat, yes or no?

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Jman888 said:

the only exotic meat i had was frog and venison  :D

The only "exotic" food I've eaten.. Scorpion. And that was really gross already though the pincers tasted like chicken skin. Lol. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

20191206_ln_food-01.jpg.a901496f38a45b40aac7bda0eca61e11.jpg

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20191206-1011204?fbclid=IwAR2M8QzALLd6ZKjX9_0sEBmO5DDZ1ZjeeCK_KcSZMsKA5m3oFqnmGHjcl7Y

Rabbit Hot Pot opened in Clarke Quay last week.

Didn't know rabbit meat is allowed in SG. Yes or No?

Personally it's a no for me. It's the same level of disgust as eating dogs, frogs, seafood.

The only meat I've convinced myself to eat is chicken, sometimes pork and beef. 

Had it twice in China, once in a nice restaurant in town and once up in a hill which they said was wild hunted.  One piece was all i took both times.  Just not to my liking, thats about it, nothing else stand between me and the rabbit for me not to eat it. 

Why is eating chicken, pork and beef not as disgusting as eating dogs, frogs and seafood?  All of these animals have a life, they are born, fed, caught or slaughter for food,  what so different between one to the other. 

If you are a meat eater (which i clearly remember you are, because you dont eat seafood), then meat is meat, they are just food. 

All animals are suppose to be wild, none is born to be farmed. They are now farmed because we human beings caught and farm them, they didnt ask to be farmed. 

If rabbit were decided to be farm instead of chicken, dogs instead of pig, elephants instead of cows by whoever fellow who came up with the idea of farming animals for food, today we will all be eating rabbit chop, rabbit rice, roasted dog noodle, char siew dog, elephant steak, elephant burger. 

What so different? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 11

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

i no eat but i wont condemn lo

pig also pet

chicken also pet

cow also pet

goat also pet

all cannot eat liao

my thinking is as long as it's FARMED ... ok lo

dog and cat ... very tricky ... even it's FARMED ... 

Thats why you have all the VEGAN are animal lovers, and they keep all kind of pets, until they end up become VEGAN lor...

One day if they decided to keep vegetable as pets, they will have to live on water and air...[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

i am totally ok with it. (even with dog and cat, even though i personally wont eat them )

as long as its kill for food.

its part of the food chain, no avoiding as long as u eat meat

Food is food, simi meat end up on the table is just food to me, I dont like I dont eat, but I wont stop others from consuming. 

In fact to me eating the food is respecting the animal, because it gave up its life so that I can keep mine by eating its body. Worse is the animal lost its live to be food, and it get thrown away. That is the most wasteful and sinful thing to me. -_-<_<[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

yes, i remember watching one jamie oliver show about chicken. 

how egg>chick>chicken the endless lifecycle

from egg hatch to expedite grow to chopping board

obviously all audience despise people eating chicken ... so?

And after the show, meal was provided. All went behind and happily filling their plates with KFC!!! [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Had it twice in China, once in a nice restaurant in town and once up in a hill which they said was wild hunted.  One piece was all i took both times.  Just not to my liking, thats about it, nothing else stand between me and the rabbit for me not to eat it. 

Why is eating chicken, pork and beef not as disgusting as eating dogs, frogs and seafood?  All of these animals have a life, they are born, fed, caught or slaughter for food,  what so different between one to the other. 

If you are a meat eater (which i clearly remember you are, because you dont eat seafood), then meat is meat, they are just food. 

All animals are suppose to be wild, none is born to be farmed. They are now farmed because we human beings caught and farm them, they didnt ask to be farmed. 

If rabbit were decided to be farm instead of chicken, dogs instead of pig, elephants instead of cows by whoever fellow who came up with the idea of farming animals for food, today we will all be eating rabbit chop, rabbit rice, roasted dog noodle, char siew dog, elephant steak, elephant burger. 

What so different? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

The difference is I don't like the texture, smell, looks of it. The same as rabbit meat, same as broccoli, same as cauliflower. I'm disgusted because I don't like it on a personal level. Pretty straightforward eh? Majority of us don't eat cats, dogs, rabbits because they're usually our pets and domesticated. The same reason we don't eat our pets. I didn't touch on the subject of animal welfare so don't be mistaken. Oh BTW, I consider scorpion as disgusting as well if you have to know. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Karoon said:
  Hide contents

small-cute-lamb-gambolling-meadow-260nw-

yes for me. another one for the cute and delicious category. 

Too cute! The exact reason why I haven't been able to try this haha. Venison is one of the other meat I like as well, that falls into the "cute" category.

4 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Venison is exotic meh? 

Anyway I ever saw charsiew whole rabbit in China Carrefour... Made me lose my appetite.

In China anything with 4 Legs can be Eaten.....😅''Except Table & Chair''.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

11 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

In China anything with 4 Legs can be Eaten.....😅''Except Table & Chair''.

anything that can walk

anything that can fly

anything that can swim 

prc will ask ... ke yi eat de ma ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 4

when comes to food we all need to be sensible and not being emotional

if you are starving in a desert and there is a dog, you probably eat it despite how cute it is

have anybody though about those roasted pig (they are actually cute little baby piglets often not even 3 months old) 

what about foie gras, those ducks suffering

eggs that we eat, the male chickens are sent down a chute alive and crush to death because they cannot give eggs

furs what about chinchillas and rabbits, we already got so many types of synthetic materials

beef, we are a multi-cultural society, yet we kill and sell beef in front of Hindus. 

I believe it is inevitable that we need meat in our diet (for the many) but we need to do it sensibly but most it important to value a life had to die to provide meat so better not waste it

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

Food is food, simi meat end up on the table is just food to me, I dont like I dont eat, but I wont stop others from consuming. 

In fact to me eating the food is respecting the animal, because it gave up its life so that I can keep mine by eating its body. Worse is the animal lost its live to be food, and it get thrown away. That is the most wasteful and sinful thing to me. -_-<_<[laugh][laugh]

You sounded like survival trainer.

Totally agree on not wasting food too. 

I only taken rabbit meat once. Was during survival training.....

Everyone had one quail and one part of the rabbit😂 then dispatched into individual site.

Manage to set fire and find water source to boil the meat as only meal of day1. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

20191206_ln_food-01.jpg.a901496f38a45b40aac7bda0eca61e11.jpg

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20191206-1011204?fbclid=IwAR2M8QzALLd6ZKjX9_0sEBmO5DDZ1ZjeeCK_KcSZMsKA5m3oFqnmGHjcl7Y

Rabbit Hot Pot opened in Clarke Quay last week.

Didn't know rabbit meat is allowed in SG. Yes or No?

Personally it's a no for me. It's the same level of disgust as eating dogs, frogs, seafood.

The only meat I've convinced myself to eat is chicken, sometimes pork and beef. 

Eaten once out of necessity during survival training. 

Texture is quite tough maybe because I cooked it for too long. 

Not a fan of rabbit meat. 

• Praise 1

I don't like it so will not eat. One of my previous workplace canteen occasionally will serve exotic stuffs like rabbit (or was it hare) and pigeons. This was in Germany.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1