Rabbit meat, yes or no?

BabyBlade

Humans are basically hypocrites.  Period.

Since when we start to play God and to determine what can and cannot be eaten?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

17 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

All move back to the jungles and stay in caves, eat raw plants only and drink direct from the water source. No animal, no leather, no plastics...:XD::grin::grin:

But then if the world release all animals from farms back to the jungle

All chicken, ducks, geese, turkeys, sheep, goats, horse, cows, pigs..... Etc 

Millions and millions of these animals

How will earth cope? 

Abundance of such animals will it cause imbalance to the ecology. Suddenly the predatora will also multiply bcos more food sources.......

Given rate of deforestation by human is bad enough, will sudden increase of herbivores  cause hasten loss of greeneries? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

It's time for us to be more open and be aware that the world is bigger than we think it is. Singaporeans have not seen enough.  We live in this little city bubble. 

There are animals hunted in other countries that we Singaporeans think are "so cute so cute"

Reindeers are hunted and eaten. So Christmas coming, shld we sign a damm petition?

Seals are also hunted and eaten.  Seals are so cute right?

Rabbits, deers, foxes, squirrels, all the same.  We see them as v cute right?  Sign petition lah. 

Other countries have hunting seasons for centuries, so we also sign petition? 

• Praise 3

32 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

It's time for us to be more open and be aware that the world is bigger than we think it is. Singaporeans have not seen enough.  We live in this little city bubble. 

There are animals hunted in other countries that we Singaporeans think are "so cute so cute"

Reindeers are hunted and eaten. So Christmas coming, shld we sign a damm petition?

Rabbits, deers, foxes, squirrels, all the same.  We see them as v cute right?  Sign petition lah. 

Ppl who thinks that any food is disgusting never knew what hunger is. 

These ppl sld just google "hunger in the world" and see for themselves, how nearly 800 million in the world do not have enough to eat. 

Go to Africa and tell them it is disgusting to eat "pets", and tell me about it...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Yah, all those who keep fishes as pets sld start a petition against those places that sell fishes, market sld be ban from selling fishes.

Those bird lovers sld all start a petition against any food places that sell birds as food, and that sld include chicken and duck, since these are also classified as birds.  

What about turtle soup? sld also petition? 

crocodile meat? nobody start a petition against eating crocodile? 

Simply rubbish lah, all these ppl eat full nothing do. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

The only ppl who "rightfully" can start a petition are those pure VEGANs, and I mean pure VEGAN, vegetarian also no count.

As long as we eat meat and dairy, any form of meat, its just hypocrite to act like some saint to petition against selling of rabbits as food.. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ok let’s get rid of vegans

CBF91C07-112D-4330-AF03-AC957AA9246D.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Jusnel said:

Actually that's the good thing with diversity. 

We all know it's impossible to get the whole 7 billion population to streamline into a few type of food. Let's see if we can make prata become the only staple food in SG. All the rice and potato staple people will probably go crazy. 

Diverse culture,  traditional practices due to geographic constraint, due to availability and assessibility of resources makes streamlining food preference even more difficult. 

I say go ahead for petition which is a freedom of speech and expression, making a statement for a cause. It can be due veganism or animal rights (particularly if sourcing is not sustainable)

For example if the rabbits were snatch from China pets shops or were in farms of lousy conditions. 

Not sign a petition because of emotionally charged. 

Hong Kong current state is probably due to emotive factors than rational thoughts. 

Pork can be a very sensitive issue in this region.

Imagine a, quarter of billion people sign a petition on Pork....

Or 1.3 billion from South Asia calling for total ban of beef.... 

Edited by Atonchia
Missing text
  • Praise 2

49 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Actually that's the good thing with diversity. 

We all know it's impossible to get the whole 7 billion population to streamline into a few type of food. Let's see if we can make prata become the only staple food in SG. All the rice and potato staple people will probably go crazy. 

Diverse culture,  traditional practices due to geographic constraint, due to availability and assessibility of resources makes streamlining food preference even more difficult. 

I say go ahead for petition which is a freedom of speech and expression, making a statement for a cause. It can be due veganism or animal rights (particularly if sourcing is not sustainable)

For example if the rabbits were snatch from China pets shops or were in farms of lousy conditions. 

Not sign a petition because of emotionally charged. 

Hong Kong current state is probably due to emotive factors than rational thoughts. 

Pork can be a very sensitive issue in this region.

Imagine a, quarter of billion people sign a petition on Pork....

Or 1.3 billion from South Asia calling for total ban of beef.... 

We cant impose our preference onto others.  Its literally one man's meat is another man's poison. 

The world is so diverse that we have 6,500 spoken languages across the globe. 

Many of us think we know everything.  

Animals are meant to be eaten.  Period. It's most up to individual's preference of taste and tolerance. We are not supposed to impose our preference on others, and go around calling for petitions.

• Praise 2

21 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Thank you very much.....I don't think I want culture and behaviour from certain countries.

Unavoidable lah.

Even mala, is a very acquired taste. And wasn't here 10 years ago.
For me, i don't really like mala.

And there's those stalls selling duck neck in sealed vacuum packs. Ya bo.

• Praise 1

It's just cultural preference and palatability.

Especially in rural areas where sources of protein are prized.

There's somewhere in South america, where they eat whole guinea pigs cooked on a spit. Think it's in No Reservations.
Parts of china and the indochine area eat paddy rats (tian shu) 

And the ubiquitous insect stuff in the Thai and other parts of indochina. 

A reason dogs are not just purely used for food is simply cos they can be bred to do other things like corraling herd animals, doing guard dog duties and chasing away wild animals. Many of those people living in real wilderness, their dogs have defended them against wild animals before. Wolves/bears etc.

• Praise 4

Sichuan go back and eat whatever you eat in sichuan.

Under table behind closed doors eat quietly.

Halal rabbit got not?

I nearly starved to death when i went to vietnam. No dog, no snail no rat. It was bad.

Just personal preference not to eat rabbit or bear or snake or insects or whatever other than what i am familiar with.

Nothing to do with cuteness or any principles. 

Will i eat these unfamiliar creatures in war time or famine? No telling as humans can eat humans like Hannibal did or those atas ppl in Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom 🤢😅

But in peaceful times and where i can have a choice to put what in my mouth, i will go for the known than unknowns.

Ppl want to, please go ahead. I have no issues whatsoever because one man's meat is another man's poison has been around way before i was born.

Can't be a vegan cos i love meats too much. Hence i never say i am an animal lover. Very hard to when i am chomping on a piece of richly fatty rack of lamb in my mouth, so i dun dare in case that's my last piece ever.😅

But i dun take rabbit meat...at least in current situation. Cos i am content with what's available and i not in a famine or going thru a war now.

I have a choice. I won't touch it, cute or not cute. I dun take crocodile meat either. Venison yes cos i took that from young with my parents. 

No, i wont sign any petition against eating of rabbit meats.

Just my tots. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 6

On 12/8/2019 at 11:42 AM, RadX said:

Ok let’s get rid of vegans

CBF91C07-112D-4330-AF03-AC957AA9246D.jpeg

KNN, VEGAN dont eat leaves and tree trunks lah, only animals do that, how can VEGANs even eat a forest botak. <_<[laugh][laugh]

It is humans who are clearing out the forests for whatever commercial reasons, so "STOP HUMANS, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE"? :huh:

Lucky I is demon, nobody wants to stop a demon...:XD::grin:

• Haha! 1

On 12/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, RadX said:

222D9125-2E56-483B-9BC0-E02EC38068CF.jpeg

WTF, to save an animal, eat a VEGAN human? :huh:[:p][laugh]

NO, no and no, I think I rather eat that cow, and spare the VEGAN. [:p][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Haha! 2

22 hours ago, Sturtles said:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2226093-recordings-reveal-that-plants-make-ultrasonic-squeals-when-stressed/

Even plants scream out in distress when attacked... 

How can humans bear to eat them?

Unless we can become food for the plants one day

Soon to be. Right now we can be fertilisers. They are going to create a garden for mourners to scatter the ashes there!

↡ Advertisement