ICA Open Air Carpark to be closed from 1st Jan 2020

sbs2716g

10 minutes ago, sbs2716g said:

The very popular open air car park at ICA /Lavender MRT will be closed from 1st Jan 2020.

What’s coming up there?

LoL...dont you just love this kinda one sentence thread?

https://mustsharenews.com/ica-carpark/

Carpark-Next-To-ICA-Will-Close-In-Jan-20

Carpark Next To ICA Will Close In Jan 2020 For Construction Of New 10-Storey Service Centre

Motorists Travelling To ICA Should Park Elsewhere Or Take Public Transport

Motorists who drive to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) building will be familiar with the open-air carpark located next to it.

If that’s your carpark-of-choice whenever you head down for your ICA appointment, here’s something you should take note of.

Carpark will close in Jan 2020

Starting Jan 2020, the open-air carpark next to the current ICA building will close to make way for the construction of ICA’s new service centre, which will open in 2023.

Motorists travelling to ICA during this period are advised to park their vehicles at other carparks in the vicinity or take public transport instead.

The new building will be built on the existing carpark

The new service centre which will be where the open-air carpark is now will allow customers to collect documents like passports and NRICS at any time of the day.

This is possible because of a new robotic system, iSMART, which helps to store and deliver documents.

The entire collection process will reportedly take less than 15 minutes with the help of this new system.

ICA’s new service centre will comprise a mostly white facade with blue tinted windows, at least according to the artist impressions.

ICA-new-building-artist-impression-1.jpg

There also appears to be a link bridge connecting the new and old ICA building.

ICA-new-building-artist-impression-2.jpg

Image from ICA

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

wah. where to park if collecting passport?

Better to get it delivered to singpost office for a small fee.

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Actually hor you can arrange to collect at any Singpost. I did mine online and picked a date and time to collect at a singpost office. I picked Wednesday evening as it open til like 8pm. Went to collect it after work. 

Maybe for some they like to go to the Lavender office to pick it up.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Actually hor you can arrange to collect at any Singpost. I did mine online and picked a date and time to collect at a singpost office. I picked Wednesday evening as it open til like 8pm. Went to collect it after work. 

Maybe for some they like to go to the Lavender office to pick it up.

? Don't need to re-scan thumb print etc?

I've applied online before, but just went to ICA to collect. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Lala81 said:

Now post offices have the facial scanner and thumbprint scanner like those in ICA. 

• Praise 4

5 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Now post offices have the facial scanner and thumbprint scanner like those in ICA. 

Cool!

hahaha the post office at my district, think the queue there, about sama sama as ICA lol

• Praise 1

That's why they can do away with the carpark. When the new building is up it's also easy for them to move in terms of logistics. Rather than they build a new building at a totally new location and move all the documents there. May cause disruptions and inconvenience to many ppl making ICs or passports.

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

That's odd. When you selected the time and date to collect at ICA, they didn't show the singpost option?

13 minutes ago, Kusje said:

That's odd. When you selected the time and date to collect at ICA, they didn't show the singpost option?

Don't remember honestly. My passport think next year need to change. Last one was my wife, she selected the timing herself. So maybe she didn't choose singpost.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Don't remember honestly. My passport think next year need to change. Last one was my wife, she selected the timing herself. So maybe she didn't choose singpost.

OIC. Actually you should have changed too. Then can collect at the same time as wife.

Save one trip per 7 yrs.

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

There a few MSCP Opposite the ICA in French Rd...can park there cross over.

• Praise 3

Seems like they are discouraging people going down to ICA to do passport? But if do IC and other matters, think still need to go down to ICA right?

So have to park opposite the hdb carpark to go ICA next time liao. 🙄

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

Seems like they are discouraging people going down to ICA to do passport? But if do IC and other matters, think still need to go down to ICA right?

So have to park opposite the hdb carpark to go ICA next time liao. 🙄

Come on lah. They have your personal data all stored by now. We are not living in the 80s.

The most you need to update is your address and it can easily be done online. Even taking passport photo at a mall you can request to have it in soft copy and send to your email. No need for hard copy at all. Just need to give your email address, pay and off you go. Dont even need a scanner. Check your email on your phone and that's it. It's very easy now.

Online submit your photo, update your personal particulars, choose where and when to collect your passport. I chose a post office plus pay a small admin fee. That's it. There's no need to go all the way down to the ica office at all. Save myself a lot of time. Save the hassle of long queues. Save petrol also.

↡ Advertisement