How to enforce the law for PMDS?

VteckiCk

50 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

I got beedeo they the coco were looking the other way and when i honked them they faded away.

Either dont do work or do wrongly.

Its wrong to kick the errant rider. Commit a crime to stop a crime. Can meh?

Another GFY moment.

Using the same analogy.

Police was wrong to charge the hammer welding uncle from behind and pin him, thereby causing hurt to him?

Or a drug mule?

Don't forget the fact that this PMD was escaping capture for violating the law.

Let us not become the whiners in HK that blame the authorities for doing their job.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

authorities doing the job would have ensured that pmd use would be responsible.

authorities doing their job would have kicked those who allowed this situation to happen.

taichi masters.

very disappointed.

hong kong is beside the point. This is policy unbecoming what we are used too.

what happened you?

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I don’t think he broke the law. I think they are allowed to use force to stop running suspect. I think they question is whether it is excessive.

do u see any other obvious way to stop the suspect with less force? To me, I think the amount of force used is reasonable. Like u said, he did not shoot the pmd guy, that would be excessive.

I don't hv another solution to stop the bugger with less force. But was it necessary?  

We are assuming there is no other way to get to the bugger. Our CCTV no use? refer to my other post above abt the guy that ran away fm a car with illegal plates. He was caught a few days later (and with drugs). This is a more worthy candidate to be whack down on the spot but he wasn't. In the end, the law still caught up with him.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/police-seek-driver-bmw-suspected-false-plates-involved-double-hit-and-run

https://singaporeuncensored.com/man-behind-fake-bmw-car-plate-arrested-suspected-drug-trafficking/

The takeaway fm this cisco vs pmd issue: if u ride pmd illegally, u better try your best to siam the enforcer on the spot, cos if u manage to zhao successfully, they have no other means of catching you.

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

that police kick that pmd down because he is trying to run away evading arrest. worst case could be a terrorist carrying a bomb.

in US he would be shot on the spot. our police is already being very nice to give a kick first.

firstly, that is no police. It's merely cisco.

secondly, riding pmd is not an arrestable (seizable) offence. Not evading arrest but evading summon.

thirdly, is it reasonable to assume that any pmd that try to run away is carrying a bomb? if yes, pls use your car to ram them down to save us.

4 hours ago, RadX said:

Wrong way

shd use fishing line and setup trap

decapitate the bugga 

Something like this?

Warning...Gross content...

Spoiler

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, zipping said:

For example.....

Hide contents

They Shd keep cool

not lose their head over small thinga😂

15 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

secondly, riding pmd is not an arrestable (seizable) offence. Not evading arrest but evading summon.

thirdly, is it reasonable to assume that any pmd that try to run away is carrying a bomb? if yes, pls use your car to ram them down to save us.

i will assume that any 1 running away from police is a high end criminal , terrorist murderer u name it.

to me cisco is the same as police to me, they enforce the law.

like i alway say , dun run if u got nothing to hide. then later complain being treated unfairly

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

I don't hv another solution to stop the bugger with less force. But was it necessary?  

The takeaway fm this cisco vs pmd issue: if u ride pmd illegally, u better try your best to siam the enforcer on the spot, cos if u manage to zhao successfully, they have no other means of catching you.

?? Seriously that is your takeaway? It is not even logical... Just because the cisco officer tried his best to catch the PMD guy does not mean they have no other means to catch you. The kick is just the most efficient method I think....

As you can see in this forum, most Singaporeans have little tolerance for people who break the law and compound it by trying to run away.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Wind30 said:

severity of crime. What is the crime here? Is it riding pmd?

no it is evading resisting arrest. Everyone must be clear about the crime here. If the pmd guy , slows down and allow the officers to do their job, no kicking will happen.

a similar parallel is traffic offense. If police car catch u for speeding and u try to race off, can u complain if police uses more drastic measures?

are you sure about the crime yourself?

so you confirmed the warden showed his identity card to the person few hundred meters away?

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/e-scooter-laws-singapore#enforcement

Enforcement of E-Scooter/PMD Offences Under the Active Mobility Act

E-scooter/PMD offences under the AMA are enforced by police officers, auxiliary police officers, other suitable trained public servants (such as LTA officers) as well as volunteer public path wardens. They can, for example:

Check your e-scooter/PMD to see if it is LTA-approved

Stop you from riding your e-scooter/PMD on public paths which you are not allowed to be on

Stop you from riding a banned e-scooter/PMD on approved public paths (even if it is LTA-approved)

Seize your e-scooter/PMD if they have reason to believe you have committed an offence

Before exercising their powers, authorised officials are required to show you their identity card to prove that they are authorised to do so. You are encouraged to co-operate with them.

31 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

Don't forget that the officer who kicked was also risking his safety and limb. What then would have been acceptable in your view? Use his torso? Hands? Elbow? Knee? Head? The rider has absolutely no intention of stopping and had the rider not swerved to try and evade, the officer would not have needed to stick out (and thereby risk) his leg.

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I have the same 2 thoughts about kicking the errant rider off the path, but after reviewing the video footage for >5 times, I say the kicking is justifiable. Reason? 

That PMD was riding not only on the road (1st offence), it was also not on the left most lane and speeding at easily >20Km/h (2nd offence), and the rider knew he/she is breaking the law, thus trying to run away / evade arrest (3rd offence).

Now, for those in the other camp thinking that the rider might be injured, I say he/she asked for it (for speeding and trying to run away). Imagine if he/she manage to siam the kick, but hit a passerby at the crossing and injure the person in the process, who is more "ai wan" (innocent party)?

A bit fair stretch but just like getting smoker to smoke in open space, if strike by lightning, can sue NEA? 🤣🤣 

i believe 1) if the offences are an arrestable offence and 2) if it is arrestable offence, was reasonable force used

I layman nia... right or not must ask those lawyers here

1 minute ago, Celicar said:

Don't forget that the officer who kicked was also risking his safety and limb. What then would have been acceptable in your view? Use his torso? Hands? Elbow? Knee? Head? The rider has absolutely no intention of stopping and had the rider not swerved to try and evade, the officer would not have needed to stick out (and thereby risk) his leg.

I agree wholehearted with you.

is it fair to expect these cisco chaps to risk their body parts to stop a pmd?

again, what's our cctv for?

9 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

?? Seriously that is your takeaway? It is not even logical... Just because the cisco officer tried his best to catch the PMD guy does not mean they have no other means to catch you. The kick is just the most efficient method I think....

As you can see in this forum, most Singaporeans have little tolerance for people who break the law and compound it by trying to run away.

pls lar... this forum does not say anything about singaporeans so don't bullsh*t leh... it is a car forum....

and if what is said here is representative of singaporeans than the ruling party won't win by 70% liao lol

16 minutes ago, Blueray said:

learn from Thai police one ...

give the Cisco a Tiger. [thumbsup]

Good example of why when someone runs away from a minor crime, is actually having something more serious.

• Praise 2

i can only say if our police cannot even kick a running/ escaping criminal, how else u want them to do their job?

we want them to protect us, our family, our interest, but want to tie their 2 hands.  all those human rights la, excessive force la baba.

tolong leh, we are talking about criminal who refuse to cooperate with police.

if police ask u stop and u stop, which police will even touch u ??

• Praise 7

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

Good example of why when someone runs away from a minor crime, is actually having something more serious.

Yup, people run away cos they know they are committing an offence.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2