How to enforce the law for PMDS?

VteckiCk

13 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

you concerned for yourself or others? Do you intend to run from enforcement officer?

Nothing to be concerned about if you don't run... or better still don't break the law. 

anyway, I have stated my opinon. If that guy is running from the enforcement officers, he deserve it. If the enforcement officer was running towards the PMD rider and kicked the PMD without any prior warning, I think it is excessive. 

I am concerned about the use of excessive force.

Glad you feel that the wardens, if given the authority,  will only use it for people running away. I don't

↡ Advertisement

38 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Well,  as much as we liked what we saw,  the authority is not going to accept it and the officer might be dealt with, unless it's some sting operation. 

Rem the TP who stepped on the head of a guy their had handcuffed on the ground?

the only concern is now LTA is looking at this incident, and if this officer is punish for his action, next time no police or cisco or any security officer will bother to catch any illegal PMD, how to catch them on foot? cannot catch, cannot touch, cannot bring them down.

might as well spend all the resource on cctv enough and do away with these.

(u bet those siginna will be looking at this case closely, once green light is given, no more police will ever catch them)

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

the only concern is now LTA is looking at this incident, and if this officer is punish for his action, next time no police or cisco or any security officer will bother to catch any illegal PMD, how to catch them on foot? cannot catch, cannot touch, cannot bring them down.

might as well spend all the resource on cctv enough and do away with these.

(u bet those siginna will be looking at this case closely, once green light is given, no more police will ever catch them)

It is waste of resources to enforce in this manner.  It is better to spent it on camera + AI

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It is waste of resources to enforce in this manner.  It is better to spent it on camera + AI

Next year is catch PABs liow.... 😂 

49 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

It is the instinctive reaction of the moment. It is hard to measure force. It depends on action and reaction. 

i can't see how running across the road with the intention to stop the offender is deem instinctive.

I think the correct word should be premediated

Just now, Ysc3 said:

Next year is catch PABs liow.... 😂 

With so prata, unlikely merchant will ever trust the authority again.

There will not be much PAB next year.

32 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Disagree with one point.  When you say the officer seems unprofessional.

I actually wonder what is meant when people say the officer acted unprofessionally.   If it was the officer acting out of emotions, I will agree.  But if that was the best action at that time, then I will say he acted professionally.  As long as he does not go into rage mode after that.

Sometimes I think we have been too used to western media. Of the calm officer taking out a gun and sternly say freeze and the criminal freezes.  Real life is not like that.

I agree that the officer’s action was professional, by trying to stop an errant PMD user (esp when he’s riding on the road). But the method he used was questionable. 

While the PMD was obviously trying to escape the officers, there was no imminent threat to others. So to me, the kungfu kick seemed to be an excessive use of force. The kick itself might cause serious injuries to the rider, since it was done when PMD was moving at considerable speed, n not yet considering how the rider would crash land (he almost crashed into the trafffic light pole at full speed). 

Probably, a simple nudge to knock the PMD off balance would suffice. The rider may still sustain injuries, but it shouldn’t be as serious as being kicked off his PMD.

That's why i mentioned before to fight these PMDsheets with the northern tigers.

Anyway its zipping down the road and not on the footpath as reported.

9 minutes ago, Whitemorning said:

I agree that the officer’s action was professional, by trying to stop an errant PMD user (esp when he’s riding on the road). But the method he used was questionable. 

While the PMD was obviously trying to escape the officers, there was no imminent threat to others. So to me, the kungfu kick seemed to be an excessive use of force. The kick itself might cause serious injuries to the rider, since it was done when PMD was moving at considerable speed, n not yet considering how the rider would crash land (he almost crashed into the trafffic light pole at full speed). 

Probably, a simple nudge to knock the PMD off balance would suffice. The rider may still sustain injuries, but it shouldn’t be as serious as being kicked off his PMD.

I think you put it better than my words, a reverse kick with boots can easily knockout anyone coming at a speed with considerable damage.
Not sure how my comment seems western media influenced 🤔.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

Well,  as much as we liked what we saw,  the authority is not going to accept it and the officer might be dealt with, unless it's some sting operation. 

Rem the TP who stepped on the head of a guy their had handcuffed on the ground?

This shall be a landmark case. If the Cisco officer is deemed at fault, then it will send a super duper clear signal to all reckless PMD riders: Try your best to get away from the enforcement officer and you shall be safe. 

If the the other way round, it shall wake up these si gina mindset that they are NOT above the law, and you better comply with the order when asked to stop by the enforcement officer.

So it is LTA call right now.

• Praise 9

12 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

This shall be a landmark case. If the Cisco officer is deemed at fault, then it will send a super duper clear signal to all reckless PMD riders: Try your best to get away from the enforcement officer and you shall be safe. 

If the the other way round, it shall wake up these si gina mindset that they are NOT above the law, and you better comply with the order when asked to stop by the enforcement officer.

So it is LTA call right now.

are you saying, force should be used for any and every offence if not it will send a super duper clear signal to all offenders?

26 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

are you saying, force should be used for any and every offence if not it will send a super duper clear signal to all offenders?

Obviously there was an act and a response in this case right?

Clearly if the rider had not attempted to escape, the response would have been different, or do you disagree? Incidentally, there appears to be a conflation of the end result with the issue of whether there was an excessive use of force. The severity of the resulting injury suffered by the rider is as much a consequence (if not more) of the speed at which he was travelling as the kick. Perhaps you can enlighten us, with all the benefit of hindsight and to sit down and slowly consider what has transpired, what would have been the appropriate amount of force. 

• Praise 4

Tried to be a blockade runner and failed.

Police at least have cars to chase down those who run road blocks.

These officers only have safety vest and their wits to do enforcement on foot. Maybe, the PMDs are to queue up to be given warning if there are many of them. 

Actually quite dangerous for the officers if there were any distracted drivers.

1 hour ago, commonjunks said:

Not sure how my comment seems western media influenced 🤔.

Cos when you said the officer acted unprofessionally, i was then thinking what do you mean by professional then? Then I think of Robocop.  :D

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Philipkee said:

Cos when you said the officer acted unprofessionally, i was then thinking what do you mean by professional then? Then I think of Robocop.  :D

😀, now i am going to watch robocop.

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Celicar said:

Obviously there was an act and a response in this case right?

Clearly if the rider had not attempted to escape, the response would have been different, or do you disagree? Incidentally, there appears to be a conflation of the end result with the issue of whether there was an excessive use of force. The severity of the resulting injury suffered by the rider is as much a consequence (if not more) of the speed at which he was travelling as the kick. Perhaps you can enlighten us, with all the benefit of hindsight and to sit down and slowly consider what has transpired, what would have been the appropriate amount of force. 

Won't it make more sense to U turn and speed off if the intention is to escape?

Even without the benefit of hindsight, if i am the warden and my pay is $2-3k, i won't even put myself at risk. I just take note of time, location, description of rider and PMD, if there is time to take video even better. Do all this and forward to my employer aka LTA.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what get's you". - Jeremy Clarkson 😁

If i want to escape, it makes more sense to U-turn  

6 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

Won't it make more sense to U turn and speed off if the intention is to escape?

Even without the benefit of hindsight, if i am the warden and my pay is $2-3k, i won't even put myself at risk. I just take note of time, location, description of rider and PMD, if there is time to take video even better. Do all this and forward to my employer aka LTA.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what get's you". - Jeremy Clarkson 😁

If i want to escape, it makes more sense to U-turn  

Then pray tell, if escape is not his intent, what was the rider then trying to do? Not to say I agree that it makes more sense to U-turn and speed off.

So what's LTA rules of engagement ?

Officers just stand there and watch those e-scooters speeding get away ?

Only catch those nice enough to stop by them ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2