How to enforce the law for PMDS?

VteckiCk

13 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

With regard to the vice cops ramming the car - do you have a link to the news article bro? Cos I witnessed something like this happening right in front of my eyes when I was working in SGH more than 6 years back - did this happen in 2013 or before around Outram/Cantonment area?

With regard to the fleeing PMD, couldn't agree more. Slam the fokkers to the ground, haha.

Sorry I don't have the link. I remember its around 2013/14 period but cant recall the location. MCF might have the thread for it.

↡ Advertisement

15 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Sorry I don't have the link. I remember its around 2013/14 period but cant recall the location. MCF might have the thread for it.

@Turboflat4

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Whitemorning said:

I think a push to make the PMD lose balance is more than enough. The PMD’s action doesn’t warrant a kick. And assuming the officer’s intention was to stop the PMD, he would probably deliver a hard kick to make sure the rider drops. That kick itself may cause serious body injury to the rider if hit at a wrong spot. Unless the officer is a highly trained martial art expert, it is unlikely that he can aim his kick accurately to hit a non-vital spot. 

I may be wrong but just felt that excessive force was used in this incident.

+1 

Even in USA, they try to avoid high speed chases so they won't get sued for any damages. What you see in movies like Lethal Weapon simply doesn't exist anymore in the new world of social media.

Now the cop is the bad guy. 
Let the guy pass and if you try to catch him and he falls, well that's on the PMD chap. Kick him and the world thinks you are some evil HKG cop..

Cisco officer used minimum force...… it's not like he fired a taser.

PMD was seriously illegal, super fast and in right lane of road. These riders must be stopped for everybody's safety and there is no way a simple push would have worked. We know, also, if the officer had stepped in front of the PMD, it would not have stopped. It was clearly trying to evade officers so a whack is totally appropriate.

Cisco officer has my full support. We've seen in HK what happens when authorities are too soft in the beginning.

• Praise 8

As many here mentioned

what kind of signals are being sent? Clearly e-scooter on road is wrong! Nuff said.

• Praise 6

6 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Cisco officer used minimum force...… it's not like he fired a taser.

PMD was seriously illegal, super fast and in right lane of road. These riders must be stopped for everybody's safety and there is no way a simple push would have worked. We know, also, if the officer had stepped in front of the PMD, it would not have stopped. It was clearly trying to evade officers so a whack is totally appropriate.

Cisco officer has my full support. We've seen in HK what happens when authorities are too soft in the beginning.

now the facts of the incident is out, I think we can see that majority of mcfers do support the cisco in stopping the PMD rider who

1) was warned in an EARLIER intersection but refused to stop

2) speeding recklessly and illegally in the road

3) riding a modified illegal PMD

For me, it is always simple and clear cut, in Singapore we stop when enforcement officers ask you to stop. If you run, you deserved to get forcibly restrained and caught. 

To me I value the rule of law FAR more than the safety of stupid law breakers. I don't want singapore to become a place where criminals play high speed cat and mouse game with police/enforcers...

Anyone know what is the penalty for the PMD rider for not stopping when asked?

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 5

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Face recognition? Difficult la.. Although there is face recognition like in hp, digital camera and etc.. It still need good lighting, good resolution (meaning far away distance will not be able to determine the facial shape). So let's say we have facials recognition technology onboard with cisco officer camera. So this cisco officer managed to capture the pmd rider speeding pass him after they given him few warnings to stop (but he did not stop). Remember no kicking.. So they no choice only way is video camera with facial recognition. Then when they went back office, upload the video. The video is not able to determine the face due to it is coming at fast speed and distance is not near enough to have good resolution, plus this rider is wearing face mask and no licence plate on that pmd. So that rider managed to escape. Imagine let's say they stationed for 4 hours.. In that 4 hours managed to capture 6 pmd riders speeding pass them, zero get caught and in that 6 pmd riders speeding pass them.. All of them is unable to be recognised by the facial recognition technology. Like that how? 

I think given that situation where that pmd riders was given warnings to stop and that rider did not stop and escape by riding off from the pmd. It would be fair for cisco officer to resort to this kicking method to catch him. If not I don't see how he would be able to get caught.. If he managed to escape once.. Means he is able to escape forever if all cisco officer become ku niang because of circular state do not use force, only take down particulars, discribe the image as accurately as possible (like got use like that). 

face recognition always reminds me on this anti face recognition scene in 4 lions:

FlashyWaryChicken-size_restricted.gif.4b9a88cf5a95424125fd3ae708d5f4ec.gif

I feel that the suspension might be too harsh on the officer. if face recognition works, there will be no need for enforcers on the field to catch PMDs. They can just stay in their control room and look at screens to catch them. If face recognition works, why there are so many PMDs flouting the law and not get caught?

Cisco suspending the officer is giving the signal to those PMDs that they can easily get away by speeding off. Just wear a bandana and face mask and they are probably safe. Especially comes 1st Jan 2020.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

face recognition always reminds me on this anti face recognition scene in 4 lions:

FlashyWaryChicken-size_restricted.gif.4b9a88cf5a95424125fd3ae708d5f4ec.gif

I feel that the suspension might be too harsh on the officer. if face recognition works, there will be no need for enforcers on the field to catch PMDs. They can just stay in their control room and look at screens to catch them. If face recognition works, why there are so many PMDs flouting the law and not get caught?

Cisco suspending the officer is giving the signal to those PMDs that they can easily get away by speeding off. Just wear a bandana and face mask and they are probably safe. Especially comes 1st Jan 2020.

Yalor 

big joke 

2 hours ago, Whitemorning said:

I think a push to make the PMD lose balance is more than enough. The PMD’s action doesn’t warrant a kick. And assuming the officer’s intention was to stop the PMD, he would probably deliver a hard kick to make sure the rider drops. That kick itself may cause serious body injury to the rider if hit at a wrong spot. Unless the officer is a highly trained martial art expert, it is unlikely that he can aim his kick accurately to hit a non-vital spot. 

I may be wrong but just felt that excessive force was used in this incident.

No right or wrong, just how much you hate these buggers.

"Certis said in its statement that established enforcement protocols require officers to note down the appearance of the escaping PMD user as accurately as possible, and file a report with the LTA"

I say good luck to LTA come Jan 2020. If I'm on a 30kg illegal PMD, I will just wear a mask and continue to speed pass the CISCO blockades, before waiting for your guys to say please to me for me to consider stopping. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

pretty strange isn't it

when we speed on the road or have certain illegal mods on our cars

see a tp on the road, get asked to pull over

and so we do, we signal, and we pull over where and when it's safe on the shoulder

and then we wait for our summon letter to reach us

however, if we don't pull over, what happens then?

we drive off, we speed off, we try to evade the tp

what happens?

tp chase. tp chase because we don't stop, why don't stop? got drugs? no license? something illegal inside the car? got gun? no one knows

we run, tp chase, tp call for back up

and then it's all out gotta catch us no matter what

now, isn't it same for pmd?

you get asked to stop because you were doing something illegal

but you don't. you run, enforcer chase, you continue to run

but enforcers are on foot. how? outrun your illegally modded pmd?

i think if we wanna mod our cars, slap on illegal exhaust, tinted windows, or some even tamper with fuel gauge so can go in jb pump petrol at reserve, we are all prepared to pay the fine, it comes with the risk isn't it

and if you run, people will chase

just like if you see a dog, don't run, because the dog will chase you

🙄

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

radio said the kungfu officer concerned was suspended and LTA do not tolerate such behaviour.

They could have just done a face recognition and it would suffice, according to LTA.

good job, another guniang stat board that NATO but only know how to collect $$.

Face recognition? The highly efficient HWZ CSI team cannot even find out who is this guy after a month, so can some technical expert share with us commoner how does face recognition works in this case?

And I couldn't agree more with your last statement! (and I thought CASE was the only toothless tiger here)

l5WXpy5.jpg

dvtISpk.jpg

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

If the gahmen comes down hard on this poor CISCO chap, they're sending out mixed messages. The bottom line is that an officer of the law was using non lethal force to stop a criminal trying to flee to avoid arrest and consequences for his actions. They need to get behind that and support the officer completely. To do anything else would just embolden the miscreants who still blatantly flout the law.

Why are they so intent on sending out mixed messages about PMDs? It's their own idiocy this problem was brought to our shores in the first place.

agree. the maximum penalty for the cisco guy should be a strongly worded warning letter with the description of his error indicated as accurately as possible and nothing more. No bonus cut, suspension etc

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

radio said the kungfu officer concerned was suspended and LTA do not tolerate such behaviour.

They could have just done a face recognition and it would suffice, according to LTA.

good job, another guniang stat board that NATO but only know how to collect $$.

same stat board that stood by while bike-sharing and pmds flooded our crowded island? [lipsrsealed]

2 hours ago, RadX said:

As many here mentioned

what kind of signals are being sent? Clearly e-scooter on road is wrong! Nuff said.

I don't think anyone is disputing that the pmd rider was in the wrong

i'm glad that mcf people are so law-abiding and never break the law, never go above speed limit in highway/road/carpark etc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1