How to enforce the law for PMDS?

VteckiCk

10 hours ago, Ender said:

The police woman , I think quit big shot,  interviewed really said after ramming down the suspect,s they will be injured and can't run fast.. Injuring the suspect was the INTENTION, openly admitted by the british police, hahaha. No need to be politically correct for the SJW.

Well, at the back of their heads I'm pretty sure they are all thinking it's better than shooting him :a-happy:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

i think police should invest in a people's/vehicle net that shoots out and wrapped the perpetrator, stopped him dead cold, without physically touching him.

Then no one should complain about excess use of force.

• Haha! 2

The Cisco Hero was one of the rare people around who do the Right Things, compared to LTA pen pushers chair warmers silver servents who are only interested to do stupid Things Right. 

The A hole's bike was 30kg for goodness sake, which could easily kill a pedestrian.  Or cause a big dent to our cars. 

I think it is time to learn from the colonial masters:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1049454/london-news-met-police-moped-thieves-london-crime-latest

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 6

The PMD was found to be unregistered and non-compliant, weighing 30.54kg 😮 LTA investigating offences committed by PMD rider who was kicked by Certis CISCO Officer. 
The officer has also been suspended from active duties. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is looking into the matter. The police are investigating the incident.

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

The Cisco Hero was one of the rare people around who do the Right Things, compared to LTA pen pushers chair warmers silver servents who are only interested to do stupid Things Right. 

The A hole's bike was 30kg for goodness sake, which could easily kill a pedestrian.  Or cause a big dent to our cars. 

I think it is time to learn from the colonial masters:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1049454/london-news-met-police-moped-thieves-london-crime-latest

That officer took one errant rider off the road., while the LTA  put 90,000 registered riders on the pedestrian path way which put more singaporean into hospital and burnt down houses.

• Praise 7

On 12/11/2019 at 4:53 PM, Galantspeedz said:

Won't it make more sense to U turn and speed off if the intention is to escape?

Even without the benefit of hindsight, if i am the warden and my pay is $2-3k, i won't even put myself at risk. I just take note of time, location, description of rider and PMD, if there is time to take video even better. Do all this and forward to my employer aka LTA.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what get's you". - Jeremy Clarkson 😁

If i want to escape, it makes more sense to U-turn  

Newton's 1st Law....

An moving object will want to continue it's motion in a a straight line unless acted by an external force...

7 hours ago, Windwaver said:

I don't care what people say but this officer is MY HERO.

Just not too long ago, my family was walking on the pedestrian pathway and this ah-lian with daughter on PMD zoomed past us and gave us that 'what can you do to us' look when it's already illegal by law.

I really think this officer should be promoted and if the opposition talk about this particular incident during rally, it'll be very interesting to know that officers can get suspended when doing their job! :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

It shows badly on how upper management has LOST TOUCH with the ground.

I agree with your sentiments about everything except the Oppo part. 

Neither the Oppo nor the incumbent will go out of their way to bring this up as a topic of discussion or debate or rhetoric. Simply because public opinion is divided on this and there is no clear "safe side". It's likely both the officer and "victim" were locals so there's no "FT!!" wardrums to beat. And I've already seen a lot of people online critical of what the officer did. It's not just the bleeding heart "excessive force" types, I'll bet you more than a few of them resent losing their PMD "privileges". It's not just the leisure riding contingent; some of them nurse grievances about having lost their rice-bowls as delivery riders, and I can tell you sentiments run deep where breaking of blue-collar rice-bowls are concerned. 

It's a hot potato issue with "no-win" written all over it. Any politician who chooses to embark on a substantive discussion of such a topic of his/her own volition is extremely foolish, as he/she risks alienating a good portion of voters. And whatever position one side ill-advised ventures to take on the matter, you can bet the other side will be waiting to pounce on it, point out the flaws in their opponent's arguments and score easy rhetorical points. This is effectively a topic of political zugzwang, if you will.

Politicians are all fundamentally survivors, Oppo and MIW alike. Not only will they not bring it up, but if they're challenged with it by an interlocutor, they'll have some adroit motherhood statements and platitudes lined up to brush it off before changing the subject quickly. Mark my words.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

16 hours ago, Windwaver said:

I don't care what people say but this officer is MY HERO.

Just not too long ago, my family was walking on the pedestrian pathway and this ah-lian with daughter on PMD zoomed past us and gave us that 'what can you do to us' look when it's already illegal by law.

I really think this officer should be promoted and if the opposition talk about this particular incident during rally, it'll be very interesting to know that officers can get suspended when doing their job! :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

It shows badly on how upper management has LOST TOUCH with the ground.

Yah these pmd fellow jolly well know it is illegal but they simply dont give a F...

Last week i was walking out of the Clementi hawker ctr with my children tagging behind and saw these 2 pmd fellow riding towards me (one of them in Grab food t-shirt). When they ride past me, i heard a brake screeching sound, so i turn around and saw my boy running to me saying he is scared by them. I didn't confront them as i didn't know if my boy was scared by the screeching sound or almost got hit by them and they are riding pretty slow, but i still stood there to give them a stare. The Grab guy give me a glance and quickly look away feeling guilty. I am not against them but the rule has been set and at least be automatic a bit when it is crowded at Clementi ctr.

Edited by Xers007

I have witnessed there are still many PMD plying on the walk path and HDB block.

Worst, they have refrained from using head light remain inconspicuous to the surroundings during night time. I would think the LTA need to enforce these culprits.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:24 PM, RadX said:

Agree ... what for do more when can kanna suspend

same like office culture lo.. keep my mouth shut, do my job and let the wrong permeate... I hv my salary to keep

We are becoming soft like pussies as a nation... *Sigh*

• Praise 4

On 12/12/2019 at 1:59 AM, Yewheng said:

Screenshot_20191212_015649_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.866e83973ffa4b91ed6e983b7711aa32.jpg

See this pmd rider refuse to stop and trying to escape.. So if in future no kick, surely he would had keep escape from being caught and continue to keep ride pmd on the road. Although there are many cisco officer chasing after that pmd rider, these cisco officer are handicapped as they chase on foot vs rider rode on pmd. 

Maybe should equip enforcement officers with the confiscated PMDs to chase...

On 12/12/2019 at 8:16 AM, Wind30 said:

...... all your stuff about technology is out dated, I am pretty sure there are technology that can capture the face in daytime. Not too hard too... 

with warning and a decent camera, I can capture the face of an oncoming pmd in daylight. Impt thing is just daylight which is very bright, 

but I think those Cisco guys got no camera. Just use their bionic eyes. Lta really cannot make it. They need to make sure they can catch such errant pmd who runs away. I think kicking is the most efficient. If lta say cannot, they must clarify how they can catch such fleeing pmd riders, fast. Don’t quiet quiet as people will think the law has no teeth...

It is like people asking government what to do with wet food waste disposal down the HDB rubbish chut when they promote no plastic bags from supermarket. 

All diam diam. 

• Haha! 4

6 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

It is like people asking government what to do with wet food waste disposal down the HDB rubbish chut when they promote no plastic bags from supermarket. 

All diam diam. 

Another time bomb coming soon. All talking about going green with EV right? Has NEA gotten a plan for spent batteries disposal / recovery? The strategy of late has been do it first, and deal with the problem later... ...

• Praise 4

On 12/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, Whitemorning said:

I think a push to make the PMD lose balance is more than enough. The PMD’s action doesn’t warrant a kick. And assuming the officer’s intention was to stop the PMD, he would probably deliver a hard kick to make sure the rider drops. That kick itself may cause serious body injury to the rider if hit at a wrong spot. Unless the officer is a highly trained martial art expert, it is unlikely that he can aim his kick accurately to hit a non-vital spot. 

I may be wrong but just felt that excessive force was used in this incident.

How do one administer a soft, just nice push to a speeding modified PMD? 

• Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Another time bomb coming soon. All talking about going green with EV right? Has NEA gotten a plan for spent batteries disposal / recovery? The strategy of late has been do it first, and deal with the problem later... ...

and SCDF having to fight fire (literally)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1