How to enforce the law for PMDS?

VteckiCk

18 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Now with full blessing from our LTA, chiong ah!!!!!

Left hand drive some more! Bo cheng hu liao!

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Officer kicks PMD officer fault, car bang PMD car faults, gahmen ban PMD gahmen faults, PMD bang pedestrians, pedestrians fault for not keeping proper lookout.

PMD will never be at fault 🙄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

31 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Left hand drive some more! Bo cheng hu liao!

Becoz cheng hu can only use eye power and note down description.. Seems like effective enforcement is not their goal.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

since so many people (both in and out of MCF) feel so strongly that that cisco guy did the right thing, did anyone offer to support him financially while he is under suspension? anyone offer legal advice/support to him to sue LTA for wrongful suspension?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Officer kicks PMD officer fault, car bang PMD car faults, gahmen ban PMD gahmen faults, PMD bang pedestrians, pedestrians fault for not keeping proper lookout.

PMD will never be at fault 🙄

huh? car bang pmd is car at fault? wouldn't it depend on the nature of the collision?

pmd bang pedestrian, pedestrian at fault?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/pmd-rider-who-caused-collision-with-pedestrian-sentenced-to-probation-and

just saw this https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/pmd-rider-charged-over-injuries-lta-officers

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

What the LTA officer did is what many wanted to do to those PMDs but no guts to do thus the support

yes its often easier to get someone else to do the dirty work

2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore/lta-enforcement-officer-angry-over-colleague-s-suspension-says-he-was-just-doing-his-job/ar-AAK4TPp?ocid=ob-fb-ensg-400

LTA enforcement officer angry over colleague’s suspension, says he was just doing his job

Obbana Rajah

Disclaimer: Microsoft News is currently reviewing the accuracy of this story with the publisher due to social media source. Updates will be published here if needed.

After a Land Transport Authority (LTA) enforcement officer was caught on camera kicking a Personal Mobility Device (PMD) rider off his device and sending the rider flying along Bedok Reservoir Road, a colleague of his took to social media to call out the people of Singapore for not allowing enforcement officers to carry out their jobs properly.

Writing anonymously to Facebook page SG Confessions, someone who worked as an enforcement officer wrote in. They said that their job is to “enforce the rules and stop these pmd riders that have plagued our roads and walkways”.

He made reference to a video circulating online where when a speeding PMD rider approached a traffic junction, one officer rushed forward and kicked the oncoming PMD rider, sending him flying off his device and crashing into the nearby sidewalk. The rider, whose present condition is unknown, can be seen getting up momentarily before falling down again in the viral video.

In his confession, the colleague wrote, “He (the now-suspended officer) is simply doing what regular Singaporeans want to do but is unable to do because they are untrained”.

Adding that PMD riders were constantly breaking the rules, but that enforcement officers were only allowed to watch and passively take down details of the offender.

“If there is no BITE to your rules, why hire us enforcement officers for? Now LTA and the security firm send (sic) a message to all errant PMD rider, (sic) don’t worry just speed off, the green man cannot do anything to you. They cannot touch you, they can only use their eye power.

In one instance, you made all of us enforcement officer (sic) lose our ability to put fear into these punk riders. Now, I really don’t know what I am doing my job for”, he wrote.

Calling for people to make up their minds as to whether they want officers to take action or watch passively, he wrote, “If there is pmd, I will jus (sic) let them run off. Why risk injury to ourselves to protect singaporeans when you don’t back me up?” /TISG

I guess the friend had sought clarifications with his upper mgmt on the rationale for the suspension. But the reply he got was probably unsatisfactory. 

I salute his brotherhood spirit to stand up n fight for justice for his buddy. Hope he’s not breaking his own rice bowl by voicing his unhappiness on public platform. 

5 hours ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore/lta-enforcement-officer-angry-over-colleague-s-suspension-says-he-was-just-doing-his-job/ar-AAK4TPp?ocid=ob-fb-ensg-400

LTA enforcement officer angry over colleague’s suspension, says he was just doing his job

Obbana Rajah

Disclaimer: Microsoft News is currently reviewing the accuracy of this story with the publisher due to social media source. Updates will be published here if needed.

After a Land Transport Authority (LTA) enforcement officer was caught on camera kicking a Personal Mobility Device (PMD) rider off his device and sending the rider flying along Bedok Reservoir Road, a colleague of his took to social media to call out the people of Singapore for not allowing enforcement officers to carry out their jobs properly.

Writing anonymously to Facebook page SG Confessions, someone who worked as an enforcement officer wrote in. They said that their job is to “enforce the rules and stop these pmd riders that have plagued our roads and walkways”.

He made reference to a video circulating online where when a speeding PMD rider approached a traffic junction, one officer rushed forward and kicked the oncoming PMD rider, sending him flying off his device and crashing into the nearby sidewalk. The rider, whose present condition is unknown, can be seen getting up momentarily before falling down again in the viral video.

In his confession, the colleague wrote, “He (the now-suspended officer) is simply doing what regular Singaporeans want to do but is unable to do because they are untrained”.

Adding that PMD riders were constantly breaking the rules, but that enforcement officers were only allowed to watch and passively take down details of the offender.

“If there is no BITE to your rules, why hire us enforcement officers for? Now LTA and the security firm send (sic) a message to all errant PMD rider, (sic) don’t worry just speed off, the green man cannot do anything to you. They cannot touch you, they can only use their eye power.

In one instance, you made all of us enforcement officer (sic) lose our ability to put fear into these punk riders. Now, I really don’t know what I am doing my job for”, he wrote.

Calling for people to make up their minds as to whether they want officers to take action or watch passively, he wrote, “If there is pmd, I will jus (sic) let them run off. Why risk injury to ourselves to protect singaporeans when you don’t back me up?” /TISG

He is right. Since all the Horse Back Canons now say this is so wrong the officers shd be able to judge the exact PMD speed at the exact moment before giving the exact kick at exact force at the exact position to ensure minimal injuries and treat these poor innocent riders in the most humane way possible, then who still want stick their neck out to do their job? 

So all you PMD riders need to do from now on is ride at the fastest speed possible and no officers will bother to stop you liao. 

Then let's hear what all the Horse Back Canons have to say next. 

Edited by Jellandross

6 hours ago, Hamburger said:

excessive force?

ask those that has perished. 

Exactly.

So our Ministries now contradicting each other on what to do with PMDs?

So you get paid top $$ for losing touch with the ground :XD:

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Enye said:

wah .... internet so much kpkb

but next ge, 75% will vote pap

🤣

I think maybe more than 80% if opposition gets wiped (which I think will happen).

7 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Exactly.

So our Ministries now contradicting each other on what to do with PMDs?

So you get paid top $$ for losing touch with the ground :XD:

The only thing consistence with LTA, from promoting car lite to the sad state of pmd problems , is incompetence. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ender said:

The only thing consistence with LTA, from promoting car lite to the sad state of pmd problems , is incompetence. 

Add to the list... Outsource also cannot outsource properly. The cisco is just a service provider carrying out the SOP written by the LTA scholars.

Lousy SOP = incidents waiting to happen. 

• Praise 3

20 hours ago, JohnSHL said:

yes its often easier to get someone else to do the dirty work

Was there a very clear SOP in the first place to cover all scenarios (in fact, pmd speeding off is an expected scenario) ? If the organisation did not anticipate and no clear SOP given to the officer, then it's a grey area

34 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Was there a very clear SOP in the first place to cover all scenarios (in fact, pmd speeding off is an expected scenario) ? If the organisation did not anticipate and no clear SOP given to the officer, then it's a grey area

SOP given, take note of descriptions, submit to LTA for follow-up. 

↡ Advertisement