How to enforce the law for PMDS?

VteckiCk

11 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Today if a pmd beep us on a footpath, do you guys still step aside and give way?

Cant you see they have move on to the road liao?

It's ban on the footpath.

It's illegal to ride PMDs on the road but it isnt banned.

Anyway that's probably how ppl interpret it. LoL...

↡ Advertisement

47 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Today if a pmd beep us on a footpath, do you guys still step aside and give way?

i won't give way if they beep from behind, but if they move slowly and waiting for me to give way, i will step aside.

• Praise 3

56 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Of coz will, if not later they tried to manoeuvre pass me and the handle bar accidently hit me and I fall down how? So better to play safe and open big space for them.. We can't win them one.. Once they hit people.. Confirmed they will speed up and escape and then left us who is injured to unable to do anything much, coz the pmd rider had escaped. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-in-print/officer-acted-bravely-to-stop-rider

Forum: Officer acted bravely to stop rider

The incident in which a Certis Cisco officer kicked a speeding e-scooter rider (Certis officer who kicked PMD rider suspended, Dec 12) needs to be seen in perspective.

The rider was clearly in the wrong. He rode an unregistered personal mobility device that exceeded weight and speed limits on the road, and refused to stop despite repeated calls.

If he escaped, how else would he be caught? If not stopped, he and other offenders would be encouraged to ride in this manner and put others in danger.

The Land Transport Authority should spell out an effective way to catch these offenders.

The rider's actions forced the officer to take this extreme step. By putting himself in harm's way, the officer acted courageously, potentially saving others from being run over by this offender.

Those who worry for the offender should ask why he broke the law in the first place. I hope the officer can be allowed to resume his duty.

Hee Ching Long

• Praise 8

3 hours ago, badlammy said:

That depends on if you can see them before they chiong pass you behind your back.

19 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I believe in education...firstly must educate users with forewarnings...once grace period is up...

non compliance...will have to face one of this...

9881B95E-C61E-4721-815F-EF1FF3B1D201.jpeg

wah !! as long as two wheelers kenah this will 90% cfm die !! 🤩

On 12/16/2019 at 10:38 AM, Ysc3 said:

Today lots of Cisco officers around tampines... Wonder got standby ambulance or not? 

no more cisco officers today …. back to normal again ….

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

hope he kenna catch and fined $2,000. 

alot of ppl is just plain stubborn.

talking and communication is simply useless to this group...

• Haha! 3

7 hours ago, Mustank said:

This guy no scared :grin:

After the Cisco officer kenna suspended for kicking a errant pmd, he knows he has very good odds of escaping by riding away upon being stopped by enforcer. Since LTA does not have a effective way to deal with runaway PMDs 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

alot of ppl is just plain stubborn.

talking and communication is simply useless to this group...

How well the 'enforcement' after Dec 2019 is enforced may very well affect some degree of votes swing :grin:

actually I am stupefied that we need to ask ourselves now to enforce the law for PMDs 

the law enforcement are highly paid to do their job

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ender said:

After the Cisco officer kenna suspended for kicking a errant pmd, he knows he has very good odds of escaping by riding away upon being stopped by enforcer. Since LTA does not have a effective way to deal with runaway PMDs 

LTA probably praying hard that no more high profile incidents regarding PMDs -_-

2 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

actually I am stupefied that we need to ask ourselves now to enforce the law for PMDs 

the law enforcement are highly paid to do their job

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-and-crime/article/3035418/burglars-exploiting-hong-kong-protests-target-homes

Burglaries and break-ins soar as Hong Kong police are left short-handed battling anti-government protests, but crime down 7.2 per cent overall, force says

Man, if I'm in HK police force, I'll apply to work in SG :grin:

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Prepare to be jailed up to 3 months if you ride PMD on S’pore footpaths from Jan. 1, 2020

source: https://mothership.sg/2019/12/jail-pmd-ban/

pmd-footpath-jail.jpg

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) will take a zero-tolerance approach against e-scooter riders caught on Singapore footpaths from Jan. 1, 2020.

The warning has been sounded in late December as tougher enforcement is going to come into effect in about one week’s time.

Mainstream media has focused its coverage on personal mobility riders still scooting around Singapore illegally, despite the Nov. 5 ban.

Got to jail for riding illegally

A tougher stance to deal with recalcitrant riders translates into fines and possible jail terms for those caught and found guilty.

Offenders will face a fine of up to S$2,000 and/ or jail of up to three months from next year.

This was the punishment mentioned by Senior Minister of State for Transport Lam Pin Min in Parliament on Nov. 4.

E-scooters can now only be used on the 440km of cycling paths islandwide.

At least one foolhardy rider

However, not all riders are planning to stop.

At least one food delivery personnel interviewed by The New Paper has said he will keep riding in the new year, regardless.

He said he has three children to feed and the work offers him the flexibility he needs to take care of domestic affairs as and when he needs to.

His foolhardiness is the minority voice though, as nine others interviewed said they have come to the end of the road for their PMD-riding ways.

What is being done to help e-scooter riders

The government and three major food delivery companies have put up an S$7 million grant for e-scooter riders to trade in their rides for other devices.

About 7,000 food delivery riders use personal mobility devices (PMDs) here.

As of Dec. 16, LTA has received over 3,000 applications for the grant and approved over 2,800 of them.

The application deadline is on Dec. 31.

Grab delivery riders have until March 31, 2020, to complete their trade-ins.

Erm. I don't think it works thou. From what we know those who are making troubles are the minors. They are definetly under 18s. And you cannot send them to jail, they don't get to learn their lesson.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2