How to enforce the law for PMDS?

VteckiCk

34 minutes ago, Mustank said:

They should give kpi bonus 

every bike caught 50% of fine collected

suddenly you see productivity shoot up the roof :XD:

but these things are like cod fish 

these bikes won’t replenish themselves one 

so sudden extra productivity will reduce the fish stock by a lot then suddenly very hard to earn the kpi money liao

i am sure these guys on the road knows this :XD:

Same like those summon auntie who summon cars who did not display parking coupons? Heard that they would get some bonus if hit certain quota?! Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Same like those summon auntie who summon cars who did not display parking coupons? Heard that they would get some bonus if hit certain quota?! Lol.

I never display parking coupons anymore.

Always use the Parking app.

Very convenient for us, and I'll bet very inconvenient for the parking aunties since they probably have to check the system every time they don't see coupons. Win-win haha.😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

On the contrary, I still use parking coupons..

but I purposely put in the middle of the dashboard.. 

As I seldom wash my car, free dust for their uniforms 😅😅😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

LTA say they caught 2 on first day right?? Give them big bonus for hitting KPI..

yesterday at AMK central area already spotted two punks riding e-scooters to sch. 2 on a scooter each. If they only caught 2 it's too little 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Heng Ah ! i thought 2020 my luck no good. 

Saw quite a number of e-scooter, but news reported only caught 2, thought i saw wrongly 😅

• Haha! 2

03Jan2019

Mobot #PAB power asisted bike having any explosive start to 2020 at CCK LRT. 🔥

taxpayer’s money going up in flames.

Updates from Mobot:
This ebike has an external (illegally modified) battery installed at the rear, which rends the LTA Orange Seal void. The original battery is inside the Head Tube near to front wheel, still intact after the fire explosion.

16 minutes ago, Mustank said:

:grin:

how?

Wasted, the video was cut off after the MRT staff used a fire extinguisher on it. Should show the part where fire re-ignite after a while...

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

@Carbon82 Woah the fire no joke.

Told you liao, don't pray pray with Li-ion battery fire. I tried setting fire on 1 battery cell and the effect was already WOAH, not to mentioned PMD / PAB battery, which contain around 30 cells or more...

To the rest reading this post, remember to stay clear of the burning battery, let the fire extinguish by itself (until nothing to burn).

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 2

21 hours ago, Mustank said:

:grin:

how?

natural attrition of pmd, pab, e-scooters, e-bikes, whatever it's called.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged

just witnessed a sad day in enforcement for the PMD ban ....

when i was at the traffic light stop just now, i saw a male and female cisco officer trying to restrain a PMD user ... the PMD user put up a good resistance and broke free from them and tried to carry/ride off but in front of him got pedestrians and he fell (almost like the one kenah flying kick guy).

but he got up immediately and then quickly pushed/rode away again and the cisco officers dunno is it gave up chase or inform their colleagues in front.

I could not see anymore after he ran the second time as my lights turn green liow ...

think its not going to be easy to enforce the ban unless the officers are given extra powers to use more force in stopping the PMD users.

• Praise 5

Twincharged

isn't that the new firecracker pyrotechnic in town that is designed to look like a PMA ?? not cheap also .... 🤩

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

when i was at the traffic light stop just now, i saw a male and female cisco officer trying to restrain a PMD user ... the PMD user put up a good resistance and broke free from them and tried to carry/ride off but in front of him got pedestrians and he fell (almost like the one kenah flying kick guy).

but he got up immediately and then quickly pushed/rode away again and the cisco officers dunno is it gave up chase or inform their colleagues in front.

I could not see anymore after he ran the second time as my lights turn green liow ...

think its not going to be easy to enforce the ban unless the officers are given extra powers to use more force in stopping the PMD users.

We shld get the personal mobility committee clowns to do enforcement and run after these punks since they were the ones that opened this menace floodgate...

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Soya said:

We shld get the personal mobility committee clowns to do enforcement and run after these punks since they were the ones that opened this menace floodgate...

One of the committee member is TP Commander

• Praise 2

44 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

That explain why only 8 were caught in the last 3 days although we still see many flouting the rules...[shakehead]

What zero tolerance approach are they talking about if enforcement personnel are not empowered to go all out to stop the offenders??[furious]

8 offenders caught in 3 days as LTA enforces e-scooter ban on footpaths

rk_pmd_030120_0.jpg?itok=_tMA5RZG&timest

SINGAPORE - Eight offenders have been caught flouting the e-scooter ban on footpaths in the first three days of a zero tolerance approach in enforcing the rule.

The errant e-scooter users were caught in areas such as Ang Mo Kio, Commonwealth, Serangoon, Telok Blangah, West Coast and Woodlands, the Land Transport Authority said in a Facebook post on Friday (Jan 3).

They could be fined up to $2,000, jailed for up to three months, or both.

The footpath ban started on Nov 5 last year, following a series of e-scooter-related accidents. Up till Tuesday, the LTA had been issuing warnings to errant users.

LTA told The Straits Times that two offenders were caught on the first day of enforcement, and six in the second and third day.

The ban confines e-scooters to 440km of cycling paths islandwide, instead of the 5,500km of footpaths riders could use before.

Bicycles and personal mobility aids such as motorised wheelchairs will continue to be allowed on footpaths, cycling paths and park connectors.

The ban is expected to extend to other motorised personal mobility devices in the first quarter of this year, including hoverboards and unicycles.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6