How to enforce the law for PMDS?

VteckiCk

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

natural attrition of pmd, pab, e-scooters, e-bikes, whatever it's called.

Good there goes his investment

↡ Advertisement

Useless LTA.  Put up regulation, changed legislation but clueless how to implement it.

Enforcement unit did as what was done but was punished. 

Like that how?

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

just witnessed a sad day in enforcement for the PMD ban ....

when i was at the traffic light stop just now, i saw a male and female cisco officer trying to restrain a PMD user ... the PMD user put up a good resistance and broke free from them and tried to carry/ride off but in front of him got pedestrians and he fell (almost like the one kenah flying kick guy).

but he got up immediately and then quickly pushed/rode away again and the cisco officers dunno is it gave up chase or inform their colleagues in front.

I could not see anymore after he ran the second time as my lights turn green liow ...

think its not going to be easy to enforce the ban unless the officers are given extra powers to use more force in stopping the PMD users.

Cisco suspension of a good enforcer just showed them the odds is good to just resist and ride off..

• Praise 4
  • Angry 2

I don't know which planets you guys are in but around my area, PMD have almost disappeared from the street. 

$2k and / or 3 months jail, dun play play.

No offense to anyone especially to bro @Carbon82 but we also have zero tolerance for murder, drug trafficking and kidnapping but there will always be idiots around, so chill lah.  The PMD issue has been or will be resolved. 

I have seen more bicycles/ PABs on the road and pavement these few days. Hate it.  But skin against metal? There is no contest. Guess till we have the infrastructure, it is what it is on risk allocation.

• Praise 3

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

I don't know which planets you guys are in but around my area, PMD have almost disappeared from the street. 

No offense to anyone especially to bro @Carbon82 but we also have zero tolerance for murder, drug trafficking and kidnapping but there will always be idiots around, so chill lah.  The PMD issue has been or will be resolved. 

I have seen more bicycles/ PABs on the road and pavement these few days. Hate it.  But skin against metal? There is no contest. Guess till we have the infrastructure, it is what it is on risk allocation.

It's not as of the guy was just running or riding away... The officers held on to him but he shook them off.

Want to fine or jail, first must be able to to catch the bugger. This one machiam resisting "arrest" already. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Eh not so accurate lei.  We had zero tolerance for murders and murders still occur BUT we never punish the police officer for arresting the murderer with maybe a little extra force when he try to escape.

Or like we ask people to do CPR and we dont go ahead and sue for broken ribs.

I think that's what @Carbon82 was saying.  Want people to do the job, let them do it.  Not give them impossible task.

Like in corporate (security guard dept). I want you to be firm and scold offenders if needed but if I get a complaint letter about your behaviour out you go.

• Praise 5

44 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

It's not as of the guy was just running or riding away... The officers held on to him but he shook them off.

Want to fine or jail, first must be able to to catch the bugger. This one machiam resisting "arrest" already. 

Officer scared tear his shirt and kena suspended later on, just like the other one.

So let him go lor.

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Yishun.

Plentiful of them around. Just take a drive in the neighborhood.

Yes I agree, went Yishun to visit my relatives for new year makan today, still plenty of PMD riding on footpath .

but for my place somewhere below Yishun, PMD have disappeared.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Useless LTA.  Put up regulation, changed legislation but clueless how to implement it.

Enforcement unit did as what was done but was punished. 

Like that how?

I blame the AMAP and the people who accepted their recommendations. That is how the mess came about, and when warning was not heeded, the sudden ban, followed by the damage control. 

LTA, as far as I know, are the implementation and enforcement agency. Laws are not made by them. Those on bikes are cops seconded to LTA enforcement squad. Not many of them. Now they engage auxiliary Police to help. 

The main culprits are the AMAP and the approving authority!

• Praise 5

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

No worry, we are just sharing our personal experience and view here, no absolute right or wrong. 

Driving around different estate these few days, I am still seeing PMDs on footpaths at Tampines, Pasir Ris and Bedok, but not at Owen Road, Bukit Timah.

1 possible reason for the sightings at Pasir Ris and Tampines, there are some zone with cycling path, but these path are not of continuous stretch, so some might be taking chances on footpaths... 

And yes @Philipkee, you explained my stand correctly. Lets empowered the enforcement personnel to carry out their task (using reasonably practicable means).

• Praise 8

17 hours ago, No_worries said:

Yes I agree, went Yishun to visit my relatives for new year makan today, still plenty of PMD riding on footpath .

but for my place somewhere below Yishun, PMD have disappeared.

Seems like the saying that Yishun has a lot of xiao lang is true. 😂

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

This type of saigang should outsource to NPCC lah...mata mata should go after the adults...

Maybe mata scare of PMDs? Noticed how enforcement is outsourced to cisco or dunno what part timers? No wonder PMD rider bo chap. Wanna kena fine, kena fine by real mata lah, not some cisco contract worker from JB

18 minutes ago, Soya said:

Maybe mata scare of PMDs? Noticed how enforcement is outsourced to cisco or dunno what part timers? No wonder PMD rider bo chap. Wanna kena fine, kena fine by real mata lah, not some cisco contract worker from JB

Bully kecih...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1