UCL 2019/20 n 2020/21

Picnic06-Biante15

ESPN : Champions League draw: Real Madrid, Chelsea among teams facing tough tests

The last 16 teams for the knockout stages begin .... :a-happy:

Group winners: Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, RB Leipzig, Valencia

Runners-up: Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, Lyon, Napoli, Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur

Monday's Champions League round-of-16 draw could see some stellar ties with the seedings confirmed following the completion of the group stage.

Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur all finished as runners-up in their group. They will all be drawn against one of the group winners, and that means the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain lie in wait.

Link : https://global.espn.com/football/uefa-champions-league/story/4010820/champions-league-draw-real-madrid-chelsea-among-teams-facing-tough-tests

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

This is interesting .........  :slow:

From Sky Sports : Jose Mourinho insists Tottenham will be feared in the last-16 Champions League draw

Jose Mourinho insists Champions League opponents will want to avoid Tottenham in the last-16 draw on Monday, despite his side's 3-1 group-stage defeat at Bayern Munich.

Spurs' second-place position in Group B was already assured ahead of Wednesday night's clash and Mourinho rested a number of key players for the trip to Germany, including Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Jan Vertonghen.

As a result, Mourinho was keen to underline he would not read too much into the loss to Bayern Munich but instead use the players' performances to influence future team selections - and warned Spurs would be a far stronger proposition come the knockout phase in February.

"I think the teams that finished first they wish they don't play against us," Mourinho said.

"I think we're one of the strongest teams from the second group.

"I know that we are a country that goes through a crazy period, which many, many times leaves marks on players, teams, on conditions, but by the end of February I understand my players better, they understand me better. We have two more months of work together and I think we're going to be much more ready.

Link : https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11884306/jose-mourinho-insists-tottenham-will-be-feared-in-the-last-16-champions-league-draw

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

same, hope juv or bayern.

not from spain or england anymore...

I thought u Chelsea fan so shld hope the Blues win though it is a long shot but that said they were no hopers in 2012 n a miracle happened!

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

I thought u Chelsea fan so shld hope the Blues win though it is a long shot but that said they were no hopers in 2012 n a miracle happened!

chelsea is outside these others 🤣

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, Hamburger said:

The ones in red shall prevail!!!!!!!

Liverpool, of course.

Hahah. give chance lah. liverpool I think this season is the EPL winner liao.

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hahah. give chance lah. liverpool I think this season is the EPL winner liao.

Too early to count the eggs bro... Too early

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Too early to count the eggs bro... Too early

I arsenal fan. So no matter what, Tottenham never win championship can le. 🤣

And more importantly, we must still qualify for Europa leauge

13 minutes ago, Spring said:

UCL around of 16 draw

A35E7D13-7BCF-479B-956F-F41CE4C5475F.png

My guess...

PSG

MC

unsure of this one 

Pool

BM (though i root for the blues)

Juv

Spurs

Napoli (yup, my bets are on the underdog) 

• Praise 1

2 English v 2 Spanish teams, 2 English v 2 German teams and 2 Spanish v 2 Italian teams are some of the interesting pair ups and I also just read that this is the first time under the new format that the last 16 teams come from the big 5 European Leagues and none from outside. Usually, Dutch, Portuguese or other teams will fill at least 1 or 2 spots.

EPL 4 teams, La Liga 4 teams, Serie A 3 teams, Bundesliga 3 teams and Ligue 2 teams. These Leagues with bigger spending power quite naturally dominate so $ really talks!

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

2 English v 2 Spanish teams, 2 English v 2 German teams and 2 Spanish v 2 Italian teams are some of the interesting pair ups and I also just read that this is the first time under the new format that the last 16 teams come from the big 5 European Leagues and none from outside. Usually, Dutch, Portuguese or other teams will fill at least 1 or 2 spots.

EPL 4 teams, La Liga 4 teams, Serie A 3 teams, Bundesliga 3 teams and Ligue 2 teams. These Leagues with bigger spending power quite naturally dominate so $ really talks!

ya they mention that. it unhealthy i think. its a clear sign all the big clubs are hogging all the money.

long ago european cup, 1 country 1 team only. because of money issue, they make it 2 teams, then expand to 3-4 teams to accommodate all the rich clubs....

now no 1 give a damn to europa anymore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1