UCL 2019/20 n 2020/21

Picnic06-Biante15

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

😭

I reckon the odds for 0:1 wasn't that much...as well as 1 and 2 goals for a cup final...

Chelsea odds to win 1:0 was 11. 

• Haha! 1

English UCL Winners:

Liverpool 6

Man Utd 3

Nott Forest n Chelsea 2 each

Aston Villa 1

Total: 14, only Spain with 18 titles hv a better record, Italy is 3rd with 12 titles 

• Praise 3

Knives out for Pep as many critics questioning his Man City team selection for last Saturday’s UCL Final. He has often been accused of over thinking his tactics n choices but he has also been lauded many times for his brilliance as well. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9634771/CHRIS-SUTTON-Pep-Guardiolas-two-biggest-mistakes-led-Citys-Champions-League-downfall.html

I didn’t quite like Pep when he first came to EPL as I felt he was arrogant n dismissive of how tough EPL was n he even retorted back at questions from reporters by asking how much they knew about Bundesliga n La Liga? 

He even looked down on how teams like Burnley, Stoke play by commenting that the ball was in the air most of the time n also on the amount of long balls they used. He has since mellowed down n whilst he is loathed to admit openly that EPL is tougher, u can tell from his remarks that he has grudgingly accepted that EPL’s intensity, pace n work rate is indeed much higher than the other Leagues.

Coaches live n die by their decisions so whilst it is nice to see him eat humble pie, I do pity him somewhat as he is a revolutionary coach always having new ideas n willing to challenge himself n his team to greater heights. At least he is refreshing unlike stale coaches like JM whose methods are outdated but still insisting he knows best. My 2 cents on Pep.....

• Praise 5

25 minutes ago, Spring said:

Knives out for Pep as many critics questioning his Man City team selection for last Saturday’s UCL Final. He has often been accused of over thinking his tactics n choices but he has also been lauded many times for his brilliance as well. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9634771/CHRIS-SUTTON-Pep-Guardiolas-two-biggest-mistakes-led-Citys-Champions-League-downfall.html

I didn’t quite like Pep when he first came to EPL as I felt he was arrogant n dismissive of how tough EPL was n he even retorted back at questions from reporters by asking how much they knew about Bundesliga n La Liga? 

He even looked down on how teams like Burnley, Stoke play by commenting that the ball was in the air most of the time n also on the amount of long balls they used. He has since mellowed down n whilst he is loathed to admit openly that EPL is tougher, u can tell from his remarks that he has grudgingly accepted that EPL’s intensity, pace n work rate is indeed much higher than the other Leagues.

Coaches live n die by their decisions so whilst it is nice to see him eat humble pie, I do pity him somewhat as he is a revolutionary coach always having new ideas n willing to challenge himself n his team to greater heights. At least he is refreshing unlike stale coaches like JM whose methods are outdated but still insisting he knows best. My 2 cents on Pep.....

if u watch the match , chelsea defenders play a game of their life, despite mendy not having much to save, its because all the defenders put in many goal saving tackles. 

if man c had won, those pundits will be godifying pep now will all the theory how good his tactic was. his formation and lineup was weird, but its unfair to say chelsea was on top of man c throughout the game, in fact i feel the other way round.

u see chelsea cannot breakdown asn no matter how they try, they lack ideals when teams sit back. 

coach can only do that much, player must rise up to the occasion, chelsea players did just that, esp azi & rudiger full of passion push the team on. 

on the other hand man c player i feel like they just try to play it cool, like another leag game to them. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

if u watch the match , chelsea defenders play a game of their life, despite mendy not having much to save, its because all the defenders put in many goal saving tackles. 

if man c had won, those pundits will be godifying pep now will all the theory how good his tactic was. his formation and lineup was weird, but its unfair to say chelsea was on top of man c throughout the game, in fact i feel the other way round.

u see chelsea cannot breakdown asn no matter how they try, they lack ideals when teams sit back. 

coach can only do that much, player must rise up to the occasion, chelsea players did just that, esp azi & rudiger full of passion push the team on. 

on the other hand man c player i feel like they just try to play it cool, like another leag game to them. 

It was vital for Chelsea to get the first goal cos if City scored first, I doubt if Chelsea could come back. And yes Chelsea would hv a difficult time if they played a team that largely sat back. City don’t do this n with the first goal in the bag, Chelsea could counter attack n they had chances to get the second goal. 

No team in the modern format has won UCL in their first Final. City will learn from this n I’m sure they will win UCL sooner rather than later. 

• Praise 5