Blood Donors Urgently Needed In S’pore As All Types Of Stocks In The Blood Bank Run Low

kobayashiGT

23 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

I wondered repeated puncture of the veins by large bore needle over the years would that lead to anything damage.

Chronic drug addicts using injections do have damaged veins and they use smaller needles.

Junkies poke their veins multiple times in a day.. not in the same magnitude of number of pokings

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Wondertree said:

Junkies poke their veins multiple times in a day.. not in the same magnitude of number of pokings

I have donated blood many times before, have you seen the size of the needle used for blood donation

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/12/2019 at 9:22 AM, Lala81 said:

Urban myth? I can't recall where i heard it from. But within our profession.
I heard it many years ago that when there's real shortage of blood, they ask SAF to help.

I think they offer you something to donate. Not coercion, but ask the whole unit to donate lor. Maybe give u some off-in-lieu or don't have to participate in training that day [laugh]

These donation drives cannot gather enough one. How many people u know donate regularly? 
I've tried once, but my veins are too fine. Flow rate is too slow. Took me almost 50mins of ball squeezing to donate 1 pack. My hand was cramping...

Confirm not urban myth.

While I was in BMT in 97 at Sembawang Camp, have two blood donation exercise!!! They will give u milo and the precious snacks after donation. Followed by an off-in-lieu or nights off. I remembered some of the guys were teasing each other cos cannot donate. The reason was they recently visited sex worker.:XD: This memory is very vivid in my mind.

I am also part of the cannot donate group due to underweight. 

1 minute ago, Adrianli said:

Confirm not urban myth.

While I was in BMT in 97 at Sembawang Camp, have two blood donation exercise!!! They will give u milo and the precious snacks after donation. Followed by an off-in-lieu or nights off. I remembered some of the guys were teasing each other cos cannot donate. The reason was they recently visited sex worker.:XD: This memory is very vivid in my mind.

you underweight? what weight were u then?

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Already bulked up till too much liao.:XD: Now trying to go back as before is tough man.[:(]

So you can't qualify for the discount anymore? 

4 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

So you can't qualify for the discount anymore? 

Maybe now he become obese instead of underweight liao? 😂

23 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

I think 30years ago blood donors will get a donor card which will let them jump que when visiting polyclinic. 

i was given a donor card so that they can quickly scan my bio info... don't know it has this benefit...

anyway, i've been doing this quarterly for the past 15ish years...only until 2 months ago i was officially 'retired' from donation 😥

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Confirm not urban myth.

during my time donation was an ''option'', not forced.. but of course, the incek gave time off for going out to donate blood..don't need to come back until 2359

4 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

I have donated blood many times before, have you seen the size of the needle used for blood donation

don't look...close your eyes and  it'll be over soon 😁

i belong to one of those scared of needles...look elsewhere, think something else, watch the tv.. anything but the process of poking..

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Solar said:

i was given a donor card so that they can quickly scan my bio info... don't know it has this benefit...

anyway, i've been doing this quarterly for the past 15ish years...only until 2 months ago i was officially 'retired' from donation 😥

How come ‘retired’ liao? 😂

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Solar said:

i belong to one of those scared of needles...look elsewhere, think something else, watch the tv.. anything but the process of poking..

The thought of drawing blood i already feel fainting liao, donating blood think i will die. 😓

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Solar said:

I believe that needle should be the same size as the one used for drips ?

↡ Advertisement