To renew COE for RX350

Lms822

RX350 is still in good condition at 120kkm

the concerns of keep it are it is a drinker and the additional 50% road tax in 14th year.

Your mileage is very low [flowerface]

If you have the intention to drive on for another 8, 9 or 10 years down the road after COE renewal and can stomach this S$30K cash 'Gone' plus higher road tax then you can consider ..

Hearsay that car dealers taking in COE rides only based on their COE renewal premium so you may wanna take note of this point if you want to change your ride say 4-5 years down the road ... 

Maybe i'm wrong .... just sharing niah [wave]

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Lms822 said:

the concerns of keep it are it is a drinker and the additional 50% road tax in 14th year.

I'm driving a 1.6l COE car and I would say the forfeited PARF and road tax loading is indeed major consideration. Not forgetting repair cost for wear and tear. 

90% of Sg cars are in good condition when they are due to scrap. So don't need to feel heart pain. 

5 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

you are a lower mileage person, almost 10 years only 120k km. 

So the thirsty part is bit mitigated given the size of the vehicle. But if u extend, must surely be for 10 years, and yeah the road tax increase is quite chor for a bigger capacity NA engine

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

You got consider buy NX200 or UX200 instead of renewing your RX350? 😂

not paying above 80k for a car for now 😀

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

parf will be gone regardless 5 or 10 years renewal?

yup. So must renew 10. But whether u can get body value after that is variable.

If u can stomach the downgrade, then i will just buy a hyundai avante base or S. But cabin space and boot space in terms of height loss, have to get used to it.

Edited by Lala81

5 minutes ago, Optramagnum said:

I'm driving a 1.6l COE car and I would say the forfeited PARF and road tax loading is indeed major consideration. Not forgetting repair cost for wear and tear. 

90% of Sg cars are in good condition when they are due to scrap. So don't need to feel heart pain. 

this RX350 feels more solid than 3yo alphard 😂

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yup. So must renew 10. But whether u can get body value after that is variable.

If u can stomach the downgrade, then i will just buy a hyundai avante base or S. But cabin space and boot space in terms of height loss, have to get used to it.

thinking to get Kia Cerato

31 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

To renew COE for RX350 

or

To buy a new 1.6l sedan

Renew COE if the RX350 is good condition. Gearbox should be OK as mileage is only 120k.

A 1.6l sedan won't have the power you are used to with the SUV unless u drive very light footed. If getting a new car, do consider turbo cars instead to make up for the smaller engine size

5 minutes ago, Mzrmazda3 said:

Yes ...

So if you wanna renew, better renew 10 years :a-dothewave:

so 40K + 30k is the initial cost to renew

32 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

To renew COE for RX350 

or

To buy a new 1.6l sedan

i will renew,

say renew 5 years. car lost 30k, 5 years coe 20k ( aga aga )

mean 5 years u lost 50k 1 mth 833 for a RX350 with only 120k mileage and good condition.

say u swap to a 1.6 sedan, how much u need to pay installment monthly??

getting use swaping from a big car to a small car is another issue..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1