To renew COE for RX350

Lms822

7 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

the fact that he wants to go thru this exercise is to save $$. not a huge savings, but if he is an accountant then it matters! cause his brain will forever be in that mode to make sure he gets the best bang for buck. the rx350 isnt anything special to make him hold on to it other than it being relatively cheap to renew in that sense. i would gather that there is no love for the car, thus why not save $$ in getting a new 1.6 which, he similarly might have no love, but yet save some $$ in the end.

this is my take on the whole situation.

i just moved from $4k rdtax and 6km/l, to $800 roadtax and 12km/l. i have a more fun drive and yet save $$.

Haha  , I hope he does not read your post, otherwise will think very hard again if he was about to decide to go with his RX.

Strangely how come so many MCFers these days are so ghiam like me.😅😅😅

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

8 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

the fact that he wants to go thru this exercise is to save $$. not a huge savings, but if he is an accountant then it matters! cause his brain will forever be in that mode to make sure he gets the best bang for buck. the rx350 isnt anything special to make him hold on to it other than it being relatively cheap to renew in that sense. i would gather that there is no love for the car, thus why not save $$ in getting a new 1.6 which, he similarly might have no love, but yet save some $$ in the end.

this is my take on the whole situation.

i just moved from $4k rdtax and 6km/l, to $800 roadtax and 12km/l. i have a more fun drive and yet save $$.

impressive analysis 👍

8 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

One qns... why did u buy it 10 yrs ago anyway? The engine was and still is great no doubt, but RX body  is not fuel efficient. 

You could have gotten the GS350 with considerably better fuel economy... 

Well we all contribute to MIW... I mean nation building... it just what kind of figures you are looking at thats all.  :D

I wrote before, we bought it when it was 5 years old

we just wanted another RX to replace then the scrapping RX300

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Haha  , I hope he does not read your post, otherwise will think very hard again if he was about to decide to go with his RX.

I read every post 😁

22 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

my profession 😎

The depre and maintenance of RX and Alphard total up smelly smelly 30-40k per year. Every month burning 3-4k on cars. U downgrade from RX to used B&B car, your friends will wonder you sami dai chi. Have you counted this? 

Just now, Roh96 said:

The depre and maintenance of RX and Alphard total up smelly smelly 30-40k per year. Every month burning 3-4k on cars. U downgrade from RX to used B&B car, your friends will wonder you sami dai chi. Have you counted this? 

at certain age, we just have to go simple given that I am not loaded 🙂

9 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

I read every post 😁

Haha. Back on the serious note, a few k different per year is not a problem to those who dare to think about renewing COE  of high CC cars like yourself and @Mkl22, just that you are unable to decide which decision  to go with.  And the problem is there is no distinctive different between the two choices,  each have their own pros and cons.  Good luck and I shall try not to add more confusions. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

Haha. Back on the serious note, a few k different per year is not a problem to those who dare to think about renewing COE  of high CC cars like yourself and @Mkl22, just that you are unable to decide which decision  to go with.  And the problem is there is no distinctive different between the two choices,  both have their own pros and cons.  Good luck and I shall try not to add more confusions. 

all comments are welcomed 🙏

13 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

kenna squeezed right left and centre but still want a decent car to get around. COE cars lor. there are some decent gems out there with low miles. however majority of the dealer units out there are just plain rubbish. low mileage on the speedo but with wear like a 200-300k km car.

almost every about to be renewed COE car is 100-130k km. the magic dealer mileage.....

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lms822 said:

image.png.0f2cce169f35ffe26fc43d4cc1f2d76a.png

comparing calculation excluding maintenance costs

It's so clear now. 

$200 plus a month more to experience a Lexus RX 350.

If you don't need to insure your MIL and use the payout to pay the 200 plus when something happens to her. 

Then drive the better car lah. 

It's a big drop just to save 200 plus. 

:D

I think the biggest investment is already made when you bought the car the first time and I think that is called sunk cost and since it's already paid just enjoy it. 

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

It's so clear now. 

$200 plus a month more to experience a Lexus RX 350.

If you don't need to insure your MIL and use the payout to pay the 200 plus when something happens to her. 

Then drive the better car lah. 

It's a big drop just to save 200 plus. 

I think the biggest investment is already made when you bought the car the first time and I think that is called sunk cost and since it's already paid just enjoy it. 

😂 

make sense

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Anyway to enjoy a luxury car for just an extra 8 or 9 dollars a day. 

Is it worth saving that amount and downgrading? 

are we in the same profession? 🤣

To have an RX 350 in the front drive just needs an extra 35 cents an hour? 

I would pay the 35 cents. 

If I had a large payout on my MIL insurance. 

We won't live forever right? 

18 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

are we in the same profession? 🤣

Haha I used to do budgeting for 15 countries but I am not an accountant. 

These days I am a massage therapist for professional models.

So I enjoy getting my hands dirty with nice figures. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Haha I used to do budgeting for 15 countries but I am not an accountant. 

These days I am a massage therapist for professional models.

So I enjoy getting my hands dirty with nice figures. 

Are u that dirty uncle on youtube? LOL

1 hour ago, Roh96 said:

People may look down on him . But he can heck care them.  Unless he mind how others think.....

↡ Advertisement