To renew COE for RX350

Lms822

2 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

COE vs brand new 😄

yes, wear and tears parts are to be replaced, at least 5k I think

most important during this 10 years, your rx350 got engine overhaul before? if ever overheat and done overhaul  i wont advice to renew.

and check with your WS when u go servicing, is your engine oil low? or do u need to keep top up engine oil now? if yes, u need reconsider also.

if dun need top up any engine oil mean all is steady to renew.

good luck lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

you are already paying for that kind of consumption now, you wont feel the pain by renewing it. By changing to a smaller new car wont save you a lot in consumption monthly anyway.

Road tax is the only concern, after 4 years time  you will have to pay 50% more which can be 1k plus more per year. 

Wear and tear cost will be higher than a new car for sure. 

The concern is power and space of a new smaller sedan. You can go try out kia and see if you like the power and leg rooms , no way it will match your RX, so you need to decide on this compromise. Next is how solid feel the car is. 

If you renew 10years COE, by 5 years time if you decide to ditch it, you will lose about $10k of depre per year, plus repair and roead tax(relative to 1.6L), maybe 3k to 4k more, your risk is about 3k to 5k or year higher than that of  a new 1.6L.  But you enjoy the comfort of a RX. 

As I said go test drive first before making further decision.

I was in the same cross road as your are now at one point but my decision was a lot easier because my e200 was 1.8L. Now I have a e200 and an Altis, both are COE cars for my family to driver around, and am debt free. 😅😅😅

e200 CGI 👍

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

most important during this 10 years, your rx350 got engine overhaul before? if ever overheat and done overhaul  i wont advice to renew.

and check with your WS when u go servicing, is your engine oil low? or do u need to keep top up engine oil now? if yes, u need reconsider also.

good luck lol

no major incident in this 10 years

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

good luck lol

The Toyota 2GR engine is well-known to be as tough as nails. The same engine can be found in US pick-up truck (Toyota Tacoma) and in supercharged form, the Lotus Evora.

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

how is about the insurance for CEO car?

According to BudgetDirect:

0 to 15 years – Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party

16 to 20 years – Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party

21 to 30 years – Third Party Only

6 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

According to BudgetDirect:

0 to 15 years – Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party

16 to 20 years – Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party

21 to 30 years – Third Party Only

thanks 👍

18 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

e200 CGI 👍

I have an Altis, the power and feel will no way match higher cc car, you need to adjust your driving habits to suit the car, it is why I  said you need to go test drive the Kia you mentioned. 

I edited my earlier post slightly late,   I was saying you may want to up your annual  depre to 13k to 15k to match that of your COE RX and see what new car  you could get instead of a 1.6L car. This is another viable option  and yet give you a more apple to apple comparison in terms of money spend.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

I kinda doubt u can get used to such a drastic downgrade. haha

Unless u are like @ct3833 who's in grandpa phase already, waiting to be taxi for his grandkids' needs [laugh]

mid sized SUV => compact Sedan. 
V6 => 1.6L 10 year old engine (cerato/elantra). Haha u sit in the car may feel cramped already. 

Up your budget lah. get a new car and a compact SUV at least [:p] Or drive another 10 years of rx350.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I have an Altis, the power and feel will no way match higher cc car, you need to adjust your driving habits to suit the car, it is why I  said you need to go test drive the Kia you mentioned. 

I edited my earlier post slightly late,   I was saying you may want to up your annual  depre to 13k to 15k to match that of your COE RX and see what new car  you could get instead of a 1.6L car. This is another viable option  and yet give you a more apple to apple comparison in terms of money spend.

tested the cerato, power and quality is acceptable.  add on PedalBox, should be better

if considering 13-15k annual depr, will get an used c180 w205

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I kinda doubt u can get used to such a drastic downgrade. haha

Unless u are like @ct3833 who's in grandpa phase already, waiting to be taxi for his grandkids' needs [laugh]

mid sized SUV => compact Sedan. 
V6 => 1.6L 10 year old engine (cerato/elantra). Haha u sit in the car may feel cramped already. 

Up your budget lah. get a new car and a compact SUV at least [:p] Or drive another 10 years of rx350.

actually the better comparison should be Sorento 😁

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Lms822 said:

tested the cerato, power and quality is acceptable.  add on PedalBox, should be better

if considering 13-15k annual depr, will get an used c180 w205

You may want to consider 13k annual depre because if you renew your RX COE and assuming if you will to drive for 5 years(worst case),  then this figure maybe more applicable .

COE car with big cc will be harder to sell next time. Unless you are certain to keep the RX for a long time, otherwise be prepared for low resale value if you choose to sell it.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Yah. I agree with what @Roh96 said. RX is not a very popular choice in the market. Might not be easy to sell after that. I kinda like the new Honda Freed thou. 7 seater, compact and the interior is very futuristic.

• Praise 1

I was in the exact same shoes as TS a few months back. Dumped my old merc for a coe Swift sports. 
was paying 4K roadtax and 6.5km/l. Didn’t make sense as I travel mainly during rush hours and pick kids, so almost no use for all that power. 
worse still was the conti maintenance. 
so decided to bite the bullet and sell. Took quite sometime to sell as the others are right in that the market for a big cc coe is very very limited. 
for the rx350, even though it’s a Lexus, it will probably suffer the same fate. 
so unless TS will drive all the way, otherwise getting rid of it halfway would result only in paper. 

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yah. I agree with what @Roh96 said. RX is not a very popular choice in the market. Might not be easy to sell after that. I kinda like the new Honda Freed thou. 7 seater, compact and the interior is very futuristic.

I see more RX than Freed on the roads 😁

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I was in the exact same shoes as TS a few months back. Dumped my old merc for a coe Swift sports. 
was paying 4K roadtax and 6.5km/l. Didn’t make sense as I travel mainly during rush hours and pick kids, so almost no use for all that power. 
worse still was the conti maintenance. 
so decided to bite the bullet and sell. Took quite sometime to sell as the others are right in that the market for a big cc coe is very very limited. 
for the rx350, even though it’s a Lexus, it will probably suffer the same fate. 
so unless TS will drive all the way, otherwise getting rid of it halfway would result only in paper. 

sigh... tough tough...

↡ Advertisement