2020 Kia Seltos any news?

alfakidz85

On 12/20/2019 at 11:37 AM, teomingern said:

If this sits below the Stonic then I would expect the 1.0 L turbo... and maybe the Stonic gets upgraded to the 1.4 L turbo...

No. It is bigger than Stonic.

Singapore is always the last for manufacturers to market new cars.

Tiny market.

↡ Advertisement

18 hours ago, Twich said:

No. It is bigger than Stonic.

Singapore is always the last for manufacturers to market new cars.

Tiny market.

And the ridiculous tax structure prohibits tech advancement in power train etc.

I wonder which manufacturer would forever want to build cars with weak and ancient engines just to suit our tiny climate. The sale we have per year is less than what our neighboring countries can sell in a month. Yet we demand so much from the manufacturers to deviate so far from their norm production specs just to suit us. 

This is why we tends to get new models last among SE Asian countries

On 12/23/2019 at 10:03 AM, Cheefarn said:

And the ridiculous tax structure prohibits tech advancement in power train etc.

I wonder which manufacturer would forever want to build cars with weak and ancient engines just to suit our tiny climate. The sale we have per year is less than what our neighboring countries can sell in a month. Yet we demand so much from the manufacturers to deviate so far from their norm production specs just to suit us. 

This is why we tends to get new models last among SE Asian countries

The tax structure doesn't prohibit advances in engine technology... a good example is VW... you get all the latest engines and power trains... a lot depends on the AD and the profit levels they want to maintain... VW sells their own cars, so their interest is the advancement of their branding and so they do away with all the old engines and power trains... other European brands also refuse to supply old NA engines and go with only the new ones like Citroen & Peugeot. It is mostly the European brands that lead the way with new engine technology. And it's not just profit margins, it's the philosophy and vision for these companies...

On the other hand, it is mainly the Asian brands that stick to supplying the old engines to Asian countries especially 3rd world countries where purchasing power is more limited or where demand for the lowest price is king... the ADs for these brands simply continue to demand these engines and power trains since they're available... if the manufacturer refuses to supply these, we'll see the newer engines and power trains... and perhaps not at higher prices. Note how the 1.5 L turbo engine is marketed as the premium engine for Honda, while the 1.6 L turbo for Hyundai is marketed as mid-tier here but is considered the entry economy engine in US... a lot of this has to do more with marketing positioning rather than base costs per say I would think... the marketing enables ADs to charge a premium for what is an entry level engine in other markets... the word 'turbo' has some premium connotation associated with it I suppose...

• Praise 1

On 12/20/2019 at 11:19 AM, RogerNg_185295 said:

Their 1.0 turbo was a failure.  I see this upcoming suv as  another failure. 

1.0 turbo on stonic is pretty good imho. My last car was a GS300. Are you driving a Porsche?

• Praise 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:34 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

It's a budget car afterall. So please dun  have too high an expectation 

For Kia and Hyundai, even Vietnam are getting the 1.6 turbò engine.  Only we are getting the lousy spec 1.6 NA engine.

Stonic is not really a hot seller in sg probably cause of the way c&c does their business. Minimum loan/trade in/firm on their "promotions" etc. 

Was looking at their cerato/stonic previously but the horror stories dealing with c&c shared by forumers here are indeed true. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

Stonic is not really a hot seller in sg probably cause of the way c&c does their business. Minimum loan/trade in/firm on their "promotions" etc. 

Was looking at their cerato/stonic previously but the horror stories dealing with c&c shared by forumers here are indeed true. 

lots of ceratos on the road leh.

I see quite a few stonics as well.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

I don’t find C&C horror stories as intimidating as the PIs though and how many of those horror stories can be verified to be true if it’s only from 1 party?

I had dealt with C&C before and currently and as long as everything is in black & white. It’s honoured.

My cent worth...

• Praise 1

29 minutes ago, RevStarZen said:

I don’t find C&C horror stories as intimidating as the PIs though and how many of those horror stories can be verified to be true if it’s only from 1 party?

I had dealt with C&C before and currently and as long as everything is in black & white. It’s honoured.

My cent worth...

I don't think it's the same as PIs where agreed terms are not honoured... it's more of how their terms are onerous for buyers - you have to fulfil all their conditions before you can get the advertised price... some other ADs are more flexible where these terms bro concerned... so for someone looking for value, C&C's business model doesn't represent best value for the value-conscious buyer...

i’m so interested in this car lol driving a 2 year old cerato 

kia really up their game but their history is difficult to change people’s perception of it though lol

Edited by sneggg

48 minutes ago, sneggg said:

i’m so interested in this car lol driving a 2 year old cerato 

kia really up their game but their history is difficult to change people’s perception of it though lol

but brought down by how c&c does their business. wait till they advertise an attractive price to bait you in then you realised you need to fulfil all the t&c. 

however, its definitely good for those who are ok with taking high loans but savvy people will realise they are paying much more than advertised with the high rates and also the lowball trade in value of c&c. 

pricing for this might be around the mid 90k range and above i'm guessing!

Edited by ferrytales

48 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

but brought down by how c&c does their business. wait till they advertise an attractive price to bait you in then you realised you need to fulfil all the t&c. 

however, its definitely good for those who are ok with taking high loans but savvy people will realise they are paying much more than advertised with the high rates and also the lowball trade in value of c&c. 

pricing for this might be around the mid 90k range and above i'm guessing!

i doubt its 90k should be higher..

the T&C is just need to take their loan for a better discount ? i bought mine from c&c as well

↡ Advertisement