2020 Kia Seltos any news?

alfakidz85

On 12/30/2019 at 4:25 PM, Cheefarn said:

Not only that. Considering Kia will be selling the Seltos 1.6T in Bolehland in 2020 makes me really wonder why are we always shortchanged with the cars that are available for us yet we have the most expensive car prices on this planet. 

They are even considering to bring in the new Optima... a model that will be denied in SG becos some 'expert SE' claimed there won't be a RHD version for this new Optima generation... Looks like Kia made a RHD Optima just for Malaysian market huh... 

image.png.c74654f1a50f5ad9223fe60ea95f81e1.png

At this point, this is still speculation lar... who knows if Kia Malaysia will bring it in given that they also sold so few Optimas...

↡ Advertisement

On 12/30/2019 at 4:25 PM, Cheefarn said:

Not only that. Considering Kia will be selling the Seltos 1.6T in Bolehland in 2020 makes me really wonder why are we always shortchanged with the cars that are available for us yet we have the most expensive car prices on this planet. 

They are even considering to bring in the new Optima... a model that will be denied in SG becos some 'expert SE' claimed there won't be a RHD version for this new Optima generation... Looks like Kia made a RHD Optima just for Malaysian market huh... 

image.png.c74654f1a50f5ad9223fe60ea95f81e1.png

The reason why SG car buyers are being shortchanged is thanks to our crap LTA VES implementation. In the 90s and early 2000s, SG is usually the first few to get new models.

Regarding the Optima availability, indeed facts indicated there won't be a RHD model, such that even Europe or Australia couldn't even have the Optima because KIA sided that the Optima sales was poorly performed in the RHD market. I think they have made a mistake for not introducing a RHD 2020 Optima model because this very model could just turn the poor sales around.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/australia-to-miss-out-on-next-gen-kia-optima-2020-76917

https://thekoreancarblog.com/2019/12/27/kia-k5-not-coming-to-the-european-market/

Why M'sia could be selling the 2020 Optima is beyond me, perhaps they are CKD units or some assembly plants.

Edited by Heartbreakid

16 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

The reason why SG car buyers are being shortchanged is thanks to our crap LTA VES implementation. In the 90s and early 2000s, SG is usually the first few to get new models.

Regarding the Optima availability, indeed facts indicated there won't be a RHD model, such that even Europe or Australia couldn't even have the Optima because KIA sided that the Optima sales was poorly performed in the RHD market. I think they have made a mistake for not introducing a RHD 2020 Optima model because this very model could just turn the poor sales around.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/australia-to-miss-out-on-next-gen-kia-optima-2020-76917

https://thekoreancarblog.com/2019/12/27/kia-k5-not-coming-to-the-european-market/

Why M'sia could be selling the 2020 Optima is beyond me, perhaps they are CKD units or some assembly plants.

Malaysia & Australia is RHD like Singapore... but Europe is mainly LHD except for UK... so nothing to do with RHD mah... likely Europe didn't have good sales... since there are far fewer RHD markets compared to LHD markets around the world, and given the poorer sales of sedans generally, I suppose it makes sense to not produce a RHD version... so for Australia & Malaysia & Singapore, it's due to no RHD produced but for Europe I guess it's simply poor sales...

Unlike Hyundai, Kia doesn't separate its European model line from the rest of the world... only the C segment is distinct with Europe getting the Ceed & ProCeed exclusively while the rest of the world gets the Cerato... whereas Hyundai has a whole i-series for Europe while Avante/Elantra, Sonata, Tucson, Santa Fe, etc are for the rest of the world... so I think that Optima sales must be pretty dismal for them to ignore Europe which is a huge market in itself...

5 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Malaysia & Australia is RHD like Singapore... but Europe is mainly LHD except for UK... so nothing to do with RHD mah... likely Europe didn't have good sales... since there are far fewer RHD markets compared to LHD markets around the world, and given the poorer sales of sedans generally, I suppose it makes sense to not produce a RHD version... so for Australia & Malaysia & Singapore, it's due to no RHD produced but for Europe I guess it's simply poor sales...

Unlike Hyundai, Kia doesn't separate its European model line from the rest of the world... only the C segment is distinct with Europe getting the Ceed & ProCeed exclusively while the rest of the world gets the Cerato... whereas Hyundai has a whole i-series for Europe while Avante/Elantra, Sonata, Tucson, Santa Fe, etc are for the rest of the world... so I think that Optima sales must be pretty dismal for them to ignore Europe which is a huge market in itself...

Well the old conti buyers doesn't like large sedans to begin with. The Optima/Sonata is considered a large car over there. And with the ever increasing appetite for full size SUVs and crossover worldwide, conventional hatches and sedans are severely tough sell worldwide. 

2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Well the old conti buyers doesn't like large sedans to begin with. The Optima/Sonata is considered a large car over there. And with the ever increasing appetite for full size SUVs and crossover worldwide, conventional hatches and sedans are severely tough sell worldwide. 

The Sonata / Optima is considered D segment or family car or large car size... that's the normal segmentation... don't use the US as the standard cos they're special with all the burgers and soda, they need much larger things - even airline seats... ha ha...

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, teomingern said:

The Sonata / Optima is considered D segment or family car or large car size... that's the normal segmentation... don't use the US as the standard cos they're special with all the burgers and soda, they need much larger things - even airline seats... ha ha...

And China also la. Who drives a small car over there anyway? You will be ridiculed everywhere u go if you have a small or cheap car.

And many sedans needs to have LWB version to increase its size... 

Haha I prefer big fat seats and lots of cabin space also. Needs the space to stretch out

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

And China also la. Who drives a small car over there anyway? You will be ridiculed everywhere u go if you have a small or cheap car.

And many sedans needs to have LWB version to increase its size... 

Haha I prefer big fat seats and lots of cabin space also. Needs the space to stretch out

Then Nissan best for you... as far as I am aware of, it has some of the most comfortable seats in the economy range...

22 hours ago, teomingern said:

Then Nissan best for you... as far as I am aware of, it has some of the most comfortable seats in the economy range...

True sylphy/qq are so spacious due to their boxy design. 

just confirmed that SG is getting the made in India rather than the Korean one. first delivery is expected Mar / Apr definitely not value for money :((

29 minutes ago, jadesun said:

just confirmed that SG is getting the made in India rather than the Korean one. first delivery is expected Mar / Apr definitely not value for money :((

Tot confirmed since last month/year as the Korean ones are 1.6T instead of India’s 1.4T?

Agreed that it’s not value for money if it’s indeed launched at $110K.

Most Japanese cars are  assembled in Thailand

Mercedes A class is assembled in Mexico

Audi A3 is assembled in Hungary.

And they command premium pricing which buyers are willing to pay.

So to have a Korean car assembled in India and to command a premium is normal.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

15 hours ago, jadesun said:

Wow, so indeed Kia Korea isn't manufacturing the 1.4T version after all. Interesting to see that C & C decided to bring in India-made version. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Wow, so indeed Kia Korea isn't manufacturing the 1.4T version after all. Interesting to see that C & C decided to bring in India-made version. 

Yes as Kia Korea only has the 1.6T model instead of the 1.4T which is more suitable for 🇸🇬‘s market.

17 hours ago, jadesun said:

Indian made Kia? Shocking 

19 hours ago, jadesun said:

That would explains the 1.4T instead of the proper 1.6T... 

The 1.4T is meant for India market...

Nothing wrong with Made in India... The old Suzuki Ciaz that was once sold in SG came from India also.

Its the insane profit margin for the Seltos that turns people off

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Cheefarn said:

Nothing wrong with Made in India... The old Suzuki Ciaz that was once sold in SG came from India also.

Yep. The price can lower a lot to make people buy. Afterall it still has 5 yrs warranty. So people may still buy 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Suzuki Ciaz was assembled in Thailand, not India.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11720

The Volvo S90 selling at a premium $195K to $235K is assembled in China

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11882

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement