2020 Kia Seltos any news?

alfakidz85

MIA...but nice design..poor finishing...

<100k still can consider..but think should be around the 90k price range to sell...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 1/16/2020 at 3:34 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

Buy the Hyundai venue better 

Based on what i saw at car show, seltos is definitely much nicer and of course 1.4T beats 1.0T. I can't believe they're from the same platform, they look like totally different cars. Yes, it's pricier but price isn't everything. 

• Praise 1

On 1/16/2020 at 3:34 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

Buy the Hyundai venue better 

With the asthmatic 1.6 NA engine?Thanks but no thanks-The Stonic is still the better choice for me at least...my 2 cents!

34 minutes ago, RevStarZen said:

With the asthmatic 1.6 NA engine?Thanks but no thanks-The Stonic is still the better choice for me at least...my 2 cents!

And CVT too...  😞

On 1/14/2020 at 12:51 AM, RevStarZen said:

Doesn’t matter where it’s made from-considering the specs that comes with it...lotsa choices can be had for $116K.

Exactly! It's not where it is made that is the problem...its the price tag!

I guess for most of Kia/Hyndai buyers, they are practical people who are not too bothered about "face" value. So made in India should be fine, but the price must reflect that lor.

• Praise 2

On 1/12/2020 at 3:46 PM, Cheefarn said:

The biggest giveaway is the turn indicator stalk on the RIGHT  just like Japs cars. 

The rest of the Hyundai and Kia we have are on the left. 

Yes very plasticky cabin esp the doors. Feels more like a Maruti Suzuki Vitara Bezza than what Kia can offer these days

But... in India, this is considered a lux car liao… How many locals can afford this? 

My first car back in 2006 was a Kia Rio, remembered it was signal stock on the right. Maybe they've changed... I still prefer stalks on the right, easier to drive and signal with one hand + its a breeze having a beverage while driving.

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Exactly! It's not where it is made that is the problem...its the price tag!

I guess for most of Kia/Hyndai buyers, they are practical people who are not too bothered about "face" value. So made in India should be fine, but the price must reflect that lor.

You are absolutely right.  The thought of made in India is really......hmmm

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, BenTong said:

$115K I heard the seltos. SE would rather get the Niro than the Seltos at this price 

$115k for this seltos? Some people might tell you $115k can buy a forester liao?! [:p]

• Haha! 2

40 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

stonic is still new lah... yet to prove its reliability 

Not that new in overseas market alr...at least 2 years since launch leh...comparing the Seltos which was just launched recently with a user reporting problems with it’s DCT...but not an official recall by Kia.

8 hours ago, BenTong said:

$115K I heard the seltos. SE would rather get the Niro than the Seltos at this price 

And Niro is Cat A COE but a few Ks difference with the COE market currently...

15 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

You are absolutely right.  The thought of made in India is really......hmmm

But in all fairness bro, Amaron batt is one of the best I've used till date. Lifespan completely beat the shit outta those over hyped and over promised brands eg Bosch and even GS Yuasa    

100% made in India also. 

16 hours ago, BenTong said:

Niro scrap value is next to nothing to thanks to its VES A2 thingy hor.  So as much as I love its design and the FL model max equipment list (really everything is including the kitchen sink are included), I will not consider the Niro... 

The dramatically reduced power op to suit our Cat A COE thingy is another turn off for me also. 

Never ever buy any cars with any VES rebate. Your annual depreciation curve is more like a straight line drop than a curve.  

↡ Advertisement