2020 Kia Seltos any news?

alfakidz85

1 hour ago, Unfazed said:

Wah...steady man...machiam some IO interrogating hardcore criminal sia..or rather some mad toothless barking? 😂

My experience ... the dumb ones often barked the loudest. 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, jam1888 said:

What is tom dick harry to avoid answering you? I answered your question but obviously you have no ability to comprehend. 

You still haven't answered mine though. What is your point?

My point is no point arguing with you.

4 hours ago, jam1888 said:

I dont know why they priced Cerato at 82K when for 2k more the i30 1.4T seem much better but... what is the problem? Buy i30 than. You guys really like Cerato?

Most buyers are attracted to the Cerato's resemblance to the Audi.

13 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

My point is no point arguing with you.

Haha...dunno who argue who here.

Kaki gong kaki song kaki argue gao jurong.

As he who ownself type, he ownself lagi high.

😀 we really got a crazy self-high fellow here.

Spoiler

Edited by Unfazed

On 2/12/2020 at 3:39 PM, jam1888 said:

I dont know why they priced Cerato at 82K when for 2k more the i30 1.4T seem much better but... what is the problem? Buy i30 than. You guys really like Cerato?

No... really prefer the i30... especially the wagon... that's really woohoo!!!

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 1/21/2020 at 9:01 AM, Cheefarn said:

Niro scrap value is next to nothing to thanks to its VES A2 thingy hor.  So as much as I love its design and the FL model max equipment list (really everything is including the kitchen sink are included), I will not consider the Niro... 

The dramatically reduced power op to suit our Cat A COE thingy is another turn off for me also. 

Never ever buy any cars with any VES rebate. Your annual depreciation curve is more like a straight line drop than a curve.  

My understanding on VES rebate is your payment time.

With VES rebate, you pay less upfront and get back less later. Whereas no VES rebate means you have to pay more upfront and get back more later.

The amount you paid at the end is the same.

As for niro tune down power. I see it as a method they uses to push the car to Cat A. The engine configuration is the same. i.e. if you know how to tune it back, probably you are able to get back the power. There is no changes on the engine configuration just the settings. I could be wrong. 

Edited by Jtbc

31 minutes ago, Jtbc said:

With VES rebate, you pay less upfront and get back less later. Whereas no VES rebate means you have to pay more upfront and get back more later.

As for niro tune down power. I see it as a method they uses to push the car to Cat A. The engine configuration is the same. i.e. if you know how to tune it back, probably you are able to get back the power. There is no changes on the engine configuration just the settings. I could be wrong. 

not necessarily you pay lesser with ves rebate though. depends on how you compare 

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

not necessarily you pay lesser with ves rebate though. depends on how you compare 

Its pay less UPFRONT and not pay less.

Supercharged

Btw is the interior of this seltos anything like those sold in korea? Or really hard plastics all over like the hyundai i30

14 hours ago, Spurman said:

Btw is the interior of this seltos anything like those sold in korea? Or really hard plastics all over like the hyundai i30

Its basically still hard plastic...that blue motorshow car from India is still available for viewing at C n C Leng Kee... Go see for yourself

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Jtbc said:

The trouble is the VES rebate deducts directly from your ARF. And ARF value is the one that u need to look out for, as your annual depreciation amount came from there directly.

Imagine your ARF being $30000 (Niro SX ARF is around there actually), assuming at max A2 rebate, you loose $20000 straight off that $30000. So your actual ARF is just $10000 . At the 10th yr, scrap value will be at 50% ARF.. which means you get just $5000 for your Niro... 😓😭

Now for a VES B or C1, C2 vehicle, an ARF of $30000 will get you $15000 scrap value at the 10th year. Of cos C1 and C2 are extra tax contribution to 'nation building' 😡😤and it doesn't give u more value at the 10th year la... 

So u see for youself lor

As for your 2nd qns, unless you got the exact firmware set to flash the ECU, and you know exactly what you are doing,  its not so easy to reprogram the drivetrain to put back to the original power op. Its a hybrid unit. Things becomes very complicated when hybrid components is involved. 

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

The trouble is the VES rebate deducts directly from your ARF. And ARF value is the one that u need to look out for, as your annual depreciation amount came from there directly.

Imagine your ARF being $30000 (Niro SX ARF is around there actually), assuming at max A2 rebate, you loose $20000 straight off that $30000. So your actual ARF is just $10000 . At the 10th yr, scrap value will be at 50% ARF.. which means you get just $5000 for your Niro... 😓😭

Now for a VES B or C1, C2 vehicle, an ARF of $30000 will get you $15000 scrap value at the 10th year. Of cos C1 and C2 are extra tax contribution to 'nation building' 😡😤and it doesn't give u more value at the 10th year la... 

So u see for youself lor

As for your 2nd qns, unless you got the exact firmware set to flash the ECU, and you know exactly what you are doing,  its not so easy to reprogram the drivetrain to put back to the original power op. Its a hybrid unit. Things becomes very complicated when hybrid components is involved. 

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/upfront-vehicle-costs/tax-structure.html

The highest VES for A1 is $ 20K now. 

Niro is A2,  VES is $ 10K. 

Below is my calculation.  It could be wrong. Pls correct. 

IMG_20200304_104309.JPG

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Jtbc said:

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/upfront-vehicle-costs/tax-structure.html

The highest VES for A1 is $ 20K now. 

Niro is A2,  VES is $ 10K. 

Below is my calculation.  It could be wrong. Pls correct. 

IMG_20200304_104309.JPG

Sorry its A1 at 20k. Typo there

The Niro SX ARF before rebate is about $34197. 

Deduct $10k= $24197

Scrap value at 10th yr: $24197 /2 = approx $12000

However, if you buy a VES B, C1, C2 vehicle, you get $34197 / 2 = $17000

You need to decide if that $5000 difference is of matter to you or not. 

All I can say is, as nice as the Niro SX is, the fact that you can hardly see the latest detuned version on the roads speaks alot on the minor details that discouraged buyers from selecting Niro. I only saw a few and they are all being used as PHV. 

And before some KB warrior here making more baseless claims, KIA and Hyundai group is very well represented in SG and buyers do not need to rely on the internet for parts and troubleshooting help. 

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Sorry its A1 at 20k. Typo there

The Niro SX ARF before rebate is about $34197. 

Deduct $10k= $24197

Scrap value at 10th yr: $24197 /2 = approx $12000

However, if you buy a VES B, C1, C2 vehicle, you get $34197 / 2 = $17000

You need to decide if that $5000 difference is of matter to you or not. 

All I can say is, as nice as the Niro SX is, the fact that you can hardly see the latest detuned version on the roads speaks alot on the minor details that discouraged buyers from selecting Niro. I only saw a few and they are all being used as PHV. 

And before some KB warrior here making more baseless claims, KIA and Hyundai group is very well represented in SG and buyers do not need to rely on the internet for parts and troubleshooting help. 

As I mentioned previously,  if VES is low,  you pay more for the car price upfront ( bcos VES rebate will affect the car price i.e.  affect dealer margin)  and get back the similar amount at the end of your car life. The figure different is the same only paying upfront and collect less at the end or paying less upfront and collect more at the end. 

I am just trying to correct Niro rebate value at not exceeding year 10 is $ 12K and not $ 5K. 

Also,  I am saying no Engine configuration change only tuning and personally I am not interested to flash the ecu even if I bought Niro. 

Edited by Jtbc

(edited)
10 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

Heard there’s incoming EX and SX variant of the Seltos already starting from $94999.

62C44696-C201-4D42-9479-3EEC67DF5F1F.jpeg

B57A9A79-56F8-41B1-B660-622B1D24DCDC.jpeg

Ahh... SX got a bigger LCD screen than the top of the line GT Line? :D

Again, no AEB, no adaptive CC, no blind spot detection, no lane departure warning and assist, no 360deg reverse cam for any models. Smaller than international markets 1.6L T engine, And Made in India...the price is just way too high considering so many things are excluded 

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Ahh... SX got a bigger LCD screen than the top of the line GT Line? :D

Again, no AEB, no adaptive CC, no blind spot detection, no lane departure warning and assist, no 360deg reverse cam for any models. Smaller than international markets 1.6L T engine, And Made in India...the price is just way too high considering so many things are excluded 

Oh well...all depends on how C&C want their profit margin to be.

Is there 1 new cross-over/SUV with all the specs and equipments u’ve mentioned at the price u deem reasonable at today’s COE prices?🤔

↡ Advertisement