2020 Kia Seltos any news?

alfakidz85

19 hours ago, 13177 said:

$115k for this seltos? Some people might tell you $115k can buy a forester liao?! [:p]

Turbo model some more right? Ha ha...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

45 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Turbo model some more right? Ha ha...

You mean forester? Current variant no more turbo liao.

4 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Niro scrap value is next to nothing to thanks to its VES A2 thingy hor.  So as much as I love its design and the FL model max equipment list (really everything is including the kitchen sink are included), I will not consider the Niro... 

The dramatically reduced power op to suit our Cat A COE thingy is another turn off for me also. 

Never ever buy any cars with any VES rebate. Your annual depreciation curve is more like a straight line drop than a curve.  

If worry about depreciation no need buy car leow.. take bus..🏃‍♂🏃‍♂🏃‍♂😂

Went to see the seltos at the showroom..

Design wise is nice for interior and exterior

Door feels kind of light compare with cerato and niro…

On 1/21/2020 at 9:01 AM, Cheefarn said:

Niro scrap value is next to nothing to thanks to its VES A2 thingy hor.  So as much as I love its design and the FL model max equipment list (really everything is including the kitchen sink are included), I will not consider the Niro... 

The dramatically reduced power op to suit our Cat A COE thingy is another turn off for me also. 

Never ever buy any cars with any VES rebate. Your annual depreciation curve is more like a straight line drop than a curve.  

good for renew coe...

On 1/21/2020 at 9:01 AM, Cheefarn said:

LTA fail big time with the VES thingy . Every father mother son think it is a dis-incentive rather than an incentive. LOL!

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, jam1888 said:

LTA fail big time with the VES thingy . Every father mother son think it is a dis-incentive rather than an incentive. LOL!

This is why despite such keen pricing, and both C n C and Komoco brought in max spec Niro and Ioniq respectively, you hardly see any on the streets despite plenty of ex stocks

Seriously for Niro SX, it is even better spec than the 3.3L Stinger GT! It has the full active safety suite while Stinger 3.3 doesn't have lane keep assist nor AEB. 2L Stinger has none of the above. 

And the Ioniq SR has more equipment than Santa Fe in SG

41 minutes ago, jam1888 said:

You think lta cares what the common folks like us think?

49 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

This is why despite such keen pricing, and both C n C and Komoco brought in max spec Niro and Ioniq respectively, you hardly see any on the streets despite plenty of ex stocks

Seriously for Niro SX, it is even better spec than the 3.3L Stinger GT! It has the full active safety suite while Stinger 3.3 doesn't have lane keep assist nor AEB. 2L Stinger has none of the above. 

And the Ioniq SR has more equipment than Santa Fe in SG

I think it is just personal preference. Someone that cares about lane keep assist or AEB ... why would they buy the Stinger?! 😛

35 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

You think lta cares what the common folks like us think?

Well they do care bec they want to sway your buying decisions. 

8 minutes ago, jam1888 said:

I think it is just personal preference. Someone that cares about lane keep assist or AEB ... why would they buy the Stinger?! 😛

Well I am just saying that paying $200k for a top of the line Kia model in SG doesn't auto means you will get everything including the kitchen sink in the car. 

Ya you need lane depature warning to prevent u from going into your competitor lane when u both try to drag at the traffic lights. :D 

1 hour ago, RevStarZen said:

Which country’s model looked best?

13DE8E9B-2BD1-414F-969C-9DF024E3DAB6.jpeg

Same car ley... The orange side marker for the North American model is becos of local market legislation and it cannot be counted as 'special' 

The main diff is that both Korea and USA model got the 1.6T GDI as found in the current Tucson, while we got the India market 1.4T... 😞 

USA model loses the front lower spoiler lip which is much welcomed. The chassis skid plate is required to protect the chassis from scratches.  

19 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Same car ley... The orange side marker for the North American model is becos of local market legislation and it cannot be counted as 'special' 

The main diff is that both Korea and USA model got the 1.6T GDI as found in the current Tucson, while we got the India market 1.4T... 😞 

USA model loses the front lower spoiler lip which is much welcomed. The chassis skid plate is required to protect the chassis from scratches.  

Same car but different front lower designs and engine options which u’ve already mentioned lar.

I’m posting the pic to just let everyone see to which outlook everyone prefer and the 1.4T engine is a much better choice for 🇸🇬‘s road tax structure. How much will u think the 1.6T will cost if it is imported into 🇸🇬‘s market?It will slowly be discontinued if pricing is too high-suffering the same fate as the Hyundai Kona 1.6T lar...

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

Same car but different front lower designs and engine options which u’ve already mentioned lar.

I’m posting the pic to just let everyone see to which outlook everyone prefer and the 1.4T engine is a much better choice for 🇸🇬‘s road tax structure. How much will u think the 1.6T will cost if it is imported into 🇸🇬‘s market?It will slowly be discontinued if pricing is too high-suffering the same fate as the Hyundai Kona 1.6T lar...

It really depends how fat a profit margin C n C wanted for the Seltos. While we real car guys would look at the actual product and decide if the build quality is acceptable, the fact that our Seltos came from India will be a big turn off for many buyers in SG, even if these people cannot find any fault with the car build quality and finish. If most of us still can't accept China made vehicles, Indian made products will be worse isn't it? 

At the current indicative prices, their profit margin is already near $30k per car :( If they expect such margins for every new car they sell, we customers will be on the losing end. 

This is also why PI biz are good for they do not have such high margins. 

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

It really depends how fat a profit margin C n C wanted for the Seltos. While we real car guys would look at the actual product and decide if the build quality is acceptable, the fact that our Seltos came from India will be a big turn off for many buyers in SG, even if these people cannot find any fault with the car build quality and finish. If most of us still can't accept China made vehicles, Indian made products will be worse isn't it? 

At the current indicative prices, their profit margin is already near $30k per car 😞 If they expect such margins for every new car they sell, we customers will be on the losing end. 

This is also why PI biz are good for they do not have such high margins. 

True and agreed.

Seems like Bolehland Seltos are from Korea and it will be the 1.6T instead of our Indian 1.4T! 

https://paultan.org/2020/02/06/kia-seltos-gets-previewed-in-malaysia-launch-soon/

Notice the turn indicator stalk is on the left like the rest of the Kia we have in SG? And it have AEB and possibly the whole Hyundai Safesense suite too.

And check out the front vented seats for their Seltos... we got none of that.

image.thumb.png.13c05695d0f4840490305e9ea8ba408d.png

Once again, we have the world highest car prices and we often got the worst specs of any given model so that the AD can have max profit margin 😞 Welcome to SG

33 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Seems like Bolehland Seltos are from Korea and it will be the 1.6T instead of our Indian 1.4T! 

https://paultan.org/2020/02/06/kia-seltos-gets-previewed-in-malaysia-launch-soon/

Notice the turn indicator stalk is on the left like the rest of the Kia we have in SG? And it have AEB and possibly the whole Hyundai Safesense suite too.

And check out the front vented seats for their Seltos... we got none of that.

image.thumb.png.13c05695d0f4840490305e9ea8ba408d.png

Once again, we have the world highest car prices and we often got the worst specs of any given model so that the AD can have max profit margin 😞 Welcome to SG

Why not leave spore since you so unhappy?

20 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Why not leave spore since you so unhappy?

gosh, giving -ve opinions against sg auto scene means that I need to leave this country?

Its cheaper for me to select other brands that didn't short change us that much instead

↡ Advertisement