Train Fault at Bukit Gombak 16 Dec 2019

Watwheels

1939197497_trainfault.thumb.jpeg.91439ab138a3e3ea843beb96398abbe2.jpeg

My wife whatsapp me that a train fault happen at Bukit Gombak towards Woodlands. The above is a screenshot taken from her phone.

She's now going to take another train in the other direction to go home to take cab. 🙄

I think it's also causing chaos to the nearby traffic as well. 

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

Wah just a few days b4 fare increases...

for those staying west side you may also know that BP LRT services have been 'halved' recently...no bidirection services liao…

Mr Neo Kian Hong wan shui….

6 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Wah just a few days b4 fare increases...

for those staying west side you may also know that BP LRT services have been 'halved' recently...no bidirection services liao…

Mr Neo Kian Hong wan shui….

BPLRT is going thru overhaul and is set to complete on 2024. It's no wonder the service there is affected. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/bukit-panjang-lrt-overhaul-on-track-for-completion-by-2024-lta-smrt

Still got 5 years more to go. Really wait long long.

heng ah i took 5am train

and just today en route to work, i was thinking, train nowadays no trouble.....oops

• Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

BPLRT is going thru overhaul and is set to complete on 2024. It's no wonder the service there is affected. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/bukit-panjang-lrt-overhaul-on-track-for-completion-by-2024-lta-smrt

Still got 5 years more to go. Really wait long long.

First the nightly early closure which they say is temporary..now it has become a permanent fixture..and now more recently the halving of services from bi-direction to single direction...pui

And is because of Hui Ge gave them the approval to go ahead to cut/reduce services...

They said a bus service would be set up to reduce the inconvenience...but guess what..that so called bus 976 comes at 20 to 30 minutes intervals..virtually useless...kaoz...

I have made the switch from car to mrt/bus for over a 1.5 years liao...after the fare increase..I will go back to driving...the ridiculous waiting times esp during off peak periods and the erratic driving behavior of the bus captains..er thanks but no thanks..

I am going back to my car liao...

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

This particular stretch of mrt line always used to have problem, even now still same? No wonder the property along that mrt line price no good?! Lol.

5 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

First the nightly early closure which they say is temporary..now it has become a permanent fixture..and now more recently the halving of services from bi-direction to single direction...pui

And is because of Hui Ge gave them the approval to go ahead to cut/reduce services...

They said a bus service would be set up to reduce the inconvenience...but guess what..that so called bus 976 comes at 20 to 30 minutes intervals..virtually useless...kaoz...

I have made the switch from car to mrt/bus for over a 1.5 years liao...after the fare increase..I will go back to driving...the ridiculous waiting times esp during off peak periods and the erratic driving behavior of the bus captains..er thanks but no thanks..

Not everyone can afford a car like you. So be more tactful when you post 

27 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Heng, you still got your car lo.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/smrt-says-train-service-disrupted-between-kranji-and-bukit-gombak-004038289.html

So it's a signalling fault.

Guess train service has resumed.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/signalling-fault-hits-north-south-line-during-morning-rush

SINGAPORE - Train service on the North-South Line was disrupted between four MRT stations on Monday morning (Dec 16) after a signalling fault hit the line.

In a post on Twitter at about 8.15am, rail operator SMRT announced that there were no train services between Kranji and Bukit Gombak MRT stations as a result of the fault.

It added that free regular bus and bridging bus services have been made available between Kranji and Jurong East stations.

Some commuters said on social media that the fault started at around 8am. Some were on the trains when the signalling fault occurred.

Pictures posted online after the fault occurred appeared to show large crowds waiting for the bus at Choa Chu Kang bus interchange.

The operator said in an update at about 8.50am that the fault was rectified and that train services were progressively returning to normal.

Most sian is this kinda situation...struggle to board a bus and then to realise train service has resumed.

Edited by Watwheels

6 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Wah... will get pofma boh..

Will get lah. See, so many ppl say "well done, smrt", "great job" on social media. 🤣

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The way they handle the crowds still not much improvement? People still struggling to board their free bus service? 😓

Wait til you see population hit 7 million which is about 10 years from now.

Once any fault you will be stuck in the train no matter what and unable to come out to the platform, unable to leave the station and unable to board a free bus service. They may have to hand out free water and free food ration and have ppl pass it around so that you can survive thru out the day. 😂

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 1

No choice, if want to reduce chances of getting caught by MRT breakdown, best bet is to move off early. Like, be at the station platform by 7:00-7:30am. I figure part of the problem is the heavy load of commuters that surge onboard the trains after 7:30am, tend to trigger faults.

If office can have flexi work hours to start early, better still, start early, end early, avoid crowds and potential breakdowns of transportation. But of course, not everyone can be so flexible, some parents need to set off later after dropping kids at childcare etc.

27 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Wait til you see population hit 7 million which is about 10 years from now.

Once any fault you will be stuck in the train no matter what and unable to come out to the platform, unable to leave the station and unable to board a free bus service. They may have to hand out free water and free food ration and have ppl pass it around so that you can survive thru out the day. 😂

Think by then whenever taking mrt, ownself must carry a ration bag, with water, food, medical oil, powerbank etc just in case any mrt breakdown. 😅

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

1939197497_trainfault.thumb.jpeg.91439ab138a3e3ea843beb96398abbe2.jpeg

My wife whatsapp me that a train fault happen at Bukit Gombak towards Woodlands. The above is a screenshot taken from her phone.

She's now going to take another train in the other direction to go home to take cab. 🙄

I think it's also causing chaos to the nearby traffic as well. 

Boss. I think she is hinting for you to go fetch her leh. You let her go home take cab? Tonight sleep on floor!

Edited by Kusje
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

No choice, if want to reduce chances of getting caught by MRT breakdown, best bet is to move off early. Like, be at the station platform by 7:00-7:30am. I figure part of the problem is the heavy load of commuters that surge onboard the trains after 7:30am, tend to trigger faults.

If office can have flexi work hours to start early, better still, start early, end early, avoid crowds and potential breakdowns of transportation. But of course, not everyone can be so flexible, some parents need to set off later after dropping kids at childcare etc.

Think even move off early also no use if mrt really breakdown. Around 7am there are still lots of people going to work and school. So still chaotic if there is any mrt breakdown de.

The only way is they should improve on handling the crowds during mrt breakdown, knowing how to direct people out of the mrt station, to the free bus and deploy fast free buses to clear off the crowds. But sadly after so many breakdown, they still cannot handle the situation well?!

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Boss. I think she is hinting for you to go fetch her leh. You let her go home take cab? Tonight sleep on floor!

But breakdown happened in the morning peak, how come his wife is going home le? Unless off work from night shift? Lol.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement