Where are you now...

Carbon82

I stop coming to this site after experiencing long lag before I can see the first page. However, it seems to be very smooth now with no apparent lag. Will post more regularly.

That aside, I also noted banned individuals creating clones to post. I think there must be a reason why they are banned in the first place, and forum rules should be observed by all. Allowing people to post via multiple clones will just create another EDMW. I just don't like those IB and media machinery very much... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

New MCF dippicult to move around.. no friendly . New format somehow no appeal to me.. gave up

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Where am I now ? 

Reservist lor 😂🤣😭😭😭😤

You should come in here to create more new thread. 

We missed your 'Confusing signal' 😂

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

21 minutes ago, Tohto said:

You should come in here to create more new thread. 

We missed your 'Confusing signal' 😂

When I have interesting content I will create don't worry HAAHAHAHAH

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

What did I do to qualify for being one of the listed?? 

Anyway, the new format in mobile (now seldom use laptop to surf) is not as easy to navigate. Fonts appear smaller and now old liao, cannot see properly. The last version got some mobile version that is less cluttered. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

we are faded..............

new MCF not user friendly like before..........

In what way is it not as user friendly as before may I ask? 

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, Dleodleo said:

Ok.  I'm back. 😁😁

I read without logging in most of the time as I have nothing to post. Lazy to log in cos always hang.

The previous hanging/lag on the homepage was due to a particular forum function. The tech team has since disabled it while they work on it back end and try to resolve first. Hence loading speed is back. Do you still experience hanging issues? 

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Where am I now ? 

Reservist lor 😂🤣😭😭😭😤

Reservist cannot use phone meh? Don't gei siao. We know how reservist works. Haha. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, Celicar said:

This is an embarrassing query but here goes - how do I delete historical notifications?

You can't delete history for now. 

• Sad 1

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I stop coming to this site after experiencing long lag before I can see the first page. However, it seems to be very smooth now with no apparent lag. Will post more regularly.

That aside, I also noted banned individuals creating clones to post. I think there must be a reason why they are banned in the first place, and forum rules should be observed by all. Allowing people to post via multiple clones will just create another EDMW. I just don't like those IB and media machinery very much... 

The loading speed issue was due to a particular forum function glitching up. That has been disabled for the time being. Should be smooth for now, till the next testing phase. 😉😅

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
6 hours ago, BenTong said:

New MCF dippicult to move around.. no friendly . New format somehow no appeal to me.. gave up

Speaking from personal experience, wasn't a fan of the mobile site of the past. Keyboard was too simplified. Cannot post images, cannot post emoji, cannot embed videos etc. I had to switch to desktop mode 99% of the time in order to post a new thread or post with images. 

With the new board, posting of thread is relatively easy now. No need to switch to desktop mode anymore (you couldn't switch even if you want to now). 

What's the function you miss most from the old forum that's not in the new forum? 

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Thanks @Carbon82 for starting the thread. I take this as a Q&A session. Haha. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

19 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I feel honor I was paged. I have not faded. My participation to MCF has always been high and low over the decade(joined since 2003 I think) depending on my free time, my family and my lifestyle. But I have to admit there are other platforms that took away some of my time. I'm more active in my own car chat groups, netflix and various fb interest groups, but MCF is still the place I will fall back to at times. Heck it's still in my mobile wallpaper bookmark!

xuu8Fcy.jpg

But my forum habit is, I used to check on the threads I participate in the past as the old forum list them. Now not anymore so I lost track of my past activities and hence visit less. Having this feature back would be easier for me to participate in the forum. 

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3