Where are you now...

Carbon82

Hi Carbon82, I am still trying to get used to the new forum format and the new buttons which I have not seen before.

Been over 13 years since I join mycarforum and still counting =)))

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Like this?

:grin:

I prefer RED as Christmas coming! whahahahahhahaha..

I am in the forum everyday lah.. will post if there's something in my mind.. most times i just read those constructive post.

Many bro here are professional in their own right and I am grateful they find time and effort to share their view. My time here is much longer compare to facebook where too bad my circle of friends only share dirty jokes and saucy pictures like bro @Jamesc🤣

Forum is still a place for me but as time changes most are drifting to other platform.

A THANK YOU to all who keep this forum alive and I hope to see it keep it this way for years to come.

Merry Christmas to all here! Wishes all good health good luck good everything! and to bro @Jamesc hope he settle his MIL problem! whahahahahahahah..

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Sorry ladies and gentlemen, was tied up with things the whole day and MIA from this thread I have started. Give us sometime to sort things out.

BTW, to prevent any misunderstanding on why some were mentioned, the other were not, generally I am looking at those thread I have participated and members I have interact with (via the discussion) and pick out those that I have not seen recently (the mentioned list).

There is another group, who I still see them around on MCF, but lesser participation in the last 2 - 3 months (especially after the lag in main page), and these members are the 2nd wave on my mentioned list, such as:

@13177 @Asicskk @Adrianli @Alheych @Angcheek @Atachi @Atonchia @Atrecord @awhtc @Bacteria83 @BanCoe @Beanoyip @Beehive3783 @Beregond @Blueray @boonhat_91 @cashcow @Celicar @Civic101 @Cloud9 @commonjunks @Cook123 @Ct3833 @Daniu82 @Dafansu @Discoburg @dsman @Ender @Enye @ER-3682 @flashbang @Hamburger @Inlinefour @inlinesix @ins1dious @Jamesc @Jellandross @jimmyfong @Kangadrool @Kb27 @Kyrios @Lala81 @Lotr @Mason016 @Mercury1 @mersaylee @Mhajime @Mits_jc @Mockngbrd @Mzrmazda3 @Mustank @Neutrino @No_worries @Ody_2004 @Old-driver @Optramagnum @Othello @peasant @Philipkee @Picnic06-Biante15 @PSP415 @RH1667 @Ronkovic @sake @Sdf4786k @SGMCF328 @So_nice @Solar @Soya @Sugimoto @Sx4falcon @TangoCharlie @Tedlhw @Thaiyotakamli @thebutcher @Tianmo @Theoldjaffa @therock @Toeknee_33 @Tohto @Vid @Vinceng @Volvobrick @Voodooman @Vratenza @Watwheels @Wind30 @Wolfverine @Wormee @Wt_know @Yamapi @Yeshe @yokechye @Zxcvb

And the list goes on...

Wow thanks for the mentioned bro @Carbon82, felt honored haha.

I think my most active interactions with you is on PMD ban which is the best news for me on 5 Nov but no so good news when I knew I'm getting 0.1 month of bonus where some other groups gets 7million. Lol

P.S. Thanks for the tip on fire safety and I got my concerned addressed by SCDF. 

Back to the forum, am still active. Just that clearing leave these few days so less active cos busy with home stuff. As bro @Vincengmentioned, I also felt that the new forum has some bugs especially the 'New Posts Since Last Visit' sometimes broken and show nothing on my mobile. I usually does that to see what I have missed from last time I got in. It worked on full scale browser though. So my next workaround is to look at 'Latest Car-related Discussions' but it goes to the first page of the thread rather than last page where I have not read. Not sure if there is a bug or something I have not done correctly on my phone haha. Sorry of it sounds like a feedback session on the new forum hor 😛

P.P.S If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Cheers.

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Blueray said:

having your name mentioned here is like receiving SAF100 ... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

So all those name mentioned must report here. 😅

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Sorry ladies and gentlemen, was tied up with things the whole day and MIA from this thread I have started. Give us sometime to sort things out.

BTW, to prevent any misunderstanding on why some were mentioned, the other were not, generally I am looking at those thread I have participated and members I have interact with (via the discussion) and pick out those that I have not seen recently (the mentioned list).

There is another group, who I still see them around on MCF, but lesser participation in the last 2 - 3 months (especially after the lag in main page), and these members are the 2nd wave on my mentioned list, such as:

@13177 @Asicskk @Adrianli @Alheych @Angcheek @Atachi @Atonchia @Atrecord @awhtc @Bacteria83 @BanCoe @Beanoyip @Beehive3783 @Beregond @Blueray @boonhat_91 @cashcow @Celicar @Civic101 @Cloud9 @commonjunks @Cook123 @Ct3833 @Daniu82 @Dafansu @Discoburg @dsman @Ender @Enye @ER-3682 @flashbang @Hamburger @Inlinefour @inlinesix @ins1dious @Jamesc @Jellandross @jimmyfong @Kangadrool @Kb27 @Kyrios @Lala81 @Lotr @Mason016 @Mercury1 @mersaylee @Mhajime @Mits_jc @Mockngbrd @Mzrmazda3 @Mustank @Neutrino @No_worries @Ody_2004 @Old-driver @Optramagnum @Othello @peasant @Philipkee @Picnic06-Biante15 @PSP415 @RH1667 @Ronkovic @sake @Sdf4786k @SGMCF328 @So_nice @Solar @Soya @Sugimoto @Sx4falcon @TangoCharlie @Tedlhw @Thaiyotakamli @thebutcher @Tianmo @Theoldjaffa @therock @Toeknee_33 @Tohto @Vid @Vinceng @Volvobrick @Voodooman @Vratenza @Watwheels @Wind30 @Wolfverine @Wormee @Wt_know @Yamapi @Yeshe @yokechye @Zxcvb

And the list goes on...

Hehe to be honest since the revamp of the site I hardly come in liao, cannot get used to the interface 🙂 

• Praise 4

15 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

And the list goes on...

Are you running some kind of statistics programme? lol

• Haha! 2

@Carbon82 Past year till last week has been super busy, flying around the region for work and home.. and my handling小三s 🤣🤣

Glad that u still remember 👍👍😊

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Mercury1 said:

Hehe to be honest since the revamp of the site I hardly come in liao, cannot get used to the interface 🙂 

My other reason is the slowness.. Every press need to wait a few seconds.. After a while I moved on to something else already

• Praise 4

18 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

And the list goes on...

Accessing mcf site after the upgrade has been a hit and miss affair for me. Mainly due to slow loading that I gave up waiting after 5-10secs (yes I'm a gen X but has adopted a fair bit of millennial impatience) or written a response press submit and "hang" for long time not knowing whether post was submitted successfully. I think this partly reduced my participation I guess. 

But also have to give credit to the new site design that makes it much much easier for mobile usage than before. Thumbs up! 

Thanks for reaching out to us @Carbon82. You confirm got cho gang interacting with the citizens and more proactive than my MP 😂😂😂

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

23 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Weird

for me its easier to post pic

see? 

5D94B1F5-00A6-4261-8F1D-54528014DCB5.jpeg

walau never see mountain before is it

too short is it, wear high heels low

anyway, you are a good sport

keep up the Lolex posting enjoy reading them

especially when you post your personal opinions on each series or model 

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

And the list goes on...

Got busy in work,  but i still post in MCF (how come i got honor to be in the list, did i got selected randomly  😲 "like airport queue").

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Still breathing...still have pulse...still hanging around...F2DFDB06-76A9-490B-8CFE-3A02CB715E13.thumb.jpeg.af8d4f846f00c8c663b63c4637d9ffab.jpeg

have to ask why eat bao have to dip chilli sauce?

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

Actually hor...@Carbon82 did a good job to activate this mobilization exercise. Now feel like in lunar 7th month again. Wahaha....🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

@Carbon82 Personally felt the revamped MCF was same-same but different. There's too much empty space on the screen for the desktop version and too much space given over to ads on the mobile (Safari) site. There was the occasional hiccup with the slow-loading main page, but generally it felt harder to follow thread stories/contribute to it, and thus I gradually stopped bothering so much. Comments become more sporadic and situational single responses than longer conversations/engagements as a forum should be. 

If the admins can rememeber the F in MCF, that would be great. Adding on these new fancy features is just eye candy if the basic environment for a forum (ie one for sharing of ideas) cannot be cultivated as well as it has been in the past.

• Praise 5

thanks for remembering me, doubt the KTV gals would ever miss my disappearance 🤣

found the love of my life shu qi in HK, now busy making little 6969696969😅

in the midst of expanding my business so won't be coming in so often. if i don't reply to you, hope you understand

Screenshot_20191217-122909_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 12
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

16 hours ago, Vinceng said:

@Carbon82

The general sentiments on the revamped MCF are true (the serious ones).

MCF is now like the revamped onemotoring website. Not so easy to navigate and features unfriendly.

Sometimes, it's better not to reinvent the wheel which everyone's so familiar with.

I suspect it's due to modern lazy programming/web design. Many websites having same issues, especially on wasted white space, difficult to read font, poor background, hidden menus/functions, etc that requires more clicks and more scrolling.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1