Gojek drama: "Do you mind" or would you pay the tip

VteckiCk

Disclaimer: Lengthy post here

Just touched down at Changi Airport terminal 1.
Seems to have a few flights that touched down around the same time that caused a surge for Grab and Gojek.
Been trying for roughly 10 minutes to get a grab but to no avail. *Fare shows $11*
Finally we got a car from Gojek to pick up at T1 Arrival gate 9. *Fare is $14*
This driver had been showing signs of weirdness when he picked us up.
These are the questions he asked,

Driver: 3 persons travelling?
Us: Yes *light laughter*
Driver: Welcome back to Singapore
Us: Thank you
Driver: Does that entitles me to a tip?
Us: Awkward laughter
Me: I can give you 5 stars rating
Driver: 5 stars rating is of no use for Gojek, useful for Grab though
Us: Well, different platform, sorry to hear about that.
Driver: Grab surge is $21 for a trip to Tampines now, so it will be nice if you can leave me a tip. Do you mind?
Normally I will suggest my clients to leave me a tip of $3 if they don’t mind. Do you mind?

At this moment, I’m already kind of pissed. Having just arrived from a red-eye flight.
It was silence and we ignored to whatever he was blabbering about.

Can you believe it, he continued by asking us AGAIN, “Do you mind leaving me a tip?”

Me: Yes I do mind *hoping that he will STFU*

Of course he wouldn’t keep quiet and drive right. Guess what he said?!
Driver: Well ok if you do mind, I guess I will have to drop you at the nearest bus stop.

Me: Dude you serious?!
Driver: Yes, because I asked if you mind tipping me and you said you mind. So do you mind me dropping you off here at the middle of the road?

Me: You f*ing serious right now?!

Driver: I don’t want to force you to tip me, so I will drop you off at the nearest drop off point and you can try using grab.

Me: If you are so unhappy with the fare Gojek platform offers, why did you accept the job in the first place?! After picking up your passengers, here you are demanding a tip and kept comparing the benefits between both platforms (Grab & Gojek).
If you are not happy with what Gojek offers you, then drive with Grab!

Basically he cancelled the ride on route and dropped us off at a bus stop along the airport. (20 Airport boulevard).

While we offload our bags and luggage, he got off the car and said everything is recorded.

Me: Go ahead and bring the video to the police.
Driver: Cause I know who really needs a ride now. Good luck my friends!

What a night with a nutcase.

PS: I’m not saying that I’m a saint here and trying to thrash someone or being difficult.
Of course during the argument, there were fingers being exchanged (the most classic finger) and yes, the F word.

Edited by VteckiCk
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, VteckiCk said:

Disclaimer: Lengthy post here

Just touched down at Changi Airport terminal 1.
Seems to have a few flights that touched down around the same time that caused a surge for Grab and Gojek.
Been trying for roughly 10 minutes to get a grab but to no avail. *Fare shows $11*
Finally we got a car from Gojek to pick up at T1 Arrival gate 9. *Fare is $14*
This driver had been showing signs of weirdness when he picked us up.
These are the questions he asked,

Driver: 3 persons travelling?
Us: Yes *light laughter*
Driver: Welcome back to Singapore
Us: Thank you
Driver: Does that entitles me to a tip?
Us: Awkward laughter
Me: I can give you 5 stars rating
Driver: 5 stars rating is of no use for Gojek, useful for Grab though
Us: Well, different platform, sorry to hear about that.
Driver: Grab surge is $21 for a trip to Tampines now, so it will be nice if you can leave me a tip. Do you mind?
Normally I will suggest my clients to leave me a tip of $3 if they don’t mind. Do you mind?

At this moment, I’m already kind of pissed. Having just arrived from a red-eye flight.
It was silence and we ignored to whatever he was blabbering about.

Can you believe it, he continued by asking us AGAIN, “Do you mind leaving me a tip?”

Me: Yes I do mind *hoping that he will STFU*

Of course he wouldn’t keep quiet and drive right. Guess what he said?!
Driver: Well ok if you do mind, I guess I will have to drop you at the nearest bus stop.

Me: Dude you serious?!
Driver: Yes, because I asked if you mind tipping me and you said you mind. So do you mind me dropping you off here at the middle of the road?

Me: You f*ing serious right now?!

Driver: I don’t want to force you to tip me, so I will drop you off at the nearest drop off point and you can try using grab.

Me: If you are so unhappy with the fare Gojek platform offers, why did you accept the job in the first place?! After picking up your passengers, here you are demanding a tip and kept comparing the benefits between both platforms (Grab & Gojek).
If you are not happy with what Gojek offers you, then drive with Grab!

Basically he cancelled the ride on route and dropped us off at a bus stop along the airport. (20 Airport boulevard).

While we offload our bags and luggage, he got off the car and said everything is recorded.

Me: Go ahead and bring the video to the police.
Driver: Cause I know who really needs a ride now. Good luck my friends!

What a night with a nutcase.

PS: I’m not saying that I’m a saint here and trying to thrash someone or being difficult.
Of course during the argument, there were fingers being exchanged (the most classic finger) and yes, the F word.

This is why SOP should be to get in the car put on noise cancelling ear phones and close eyes. Zzzz. 

Should make this CB driver infamous.

Seem to me like threatening a passenger to pay extra. Please share details of this vehicles so that the general public will avoid taking this ride.

Camping here for the result.

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

f**k this driver

The same thing I mentioned in the NTU case.  I would agree with you, with a caution.  We are only reading one side of the story on social media.  No video, if I see correctly. 

So let's just be careful not to be riled up based on what is a one sided post.  Lest another side of the story turns up.  

Not calling this fake news.  Just cautioning.

Peace.

• Praise 3

20 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I would have given a tip. 

Bet on Mr Clint at Kranji Tuff Club. 

Sure win one. 

:D

Mr Clint was tailed off last Saturday night at Kranji.

But that would have served that driver right.

• Haha! 1

This is classic extortion what. Still got the cheek to say don’t want to force his victims to tip him.

If the driver said everything is recorded. Bring it.

It's strange when the service is not even fully rendered and the driver starts asking for tip. If me I wouldn't pay lo.What if I agreed to it and along the way the fellow ask for more and more to the point to match Grab surge pricing? The passengers are basically at his mercy. If you do not call this extortion, what is?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:
3 hours ago, zipping said:

Gojek driver kicks passengers off ride from Changi Airport over a $3 tip

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/gojek-driver-kicks-passengers-ride-changi-airport-over-3-tip

In e news alr.

If the driver said everything is recorded. Bring it.

Err @zipping  news didnt say much.

@Watwheels going by precedence involving the previous go jek driver on kidnapping and of cos the recent Ramesh case, even if the go jek driver had any video clip of his side of the story, he cannot show it.  Otherwise he is penalised, regardless of what the clip shows.

↡ Advertisement