Acceleration -- CVT vs auto

Kklim

On 12/19/2019 at 11:45 PM, Kia7200 said:

Tried attrage n sienta CVT GB

Both makes me hate driving

You wouldn't like driving regardless of drivetrain unless a turbo is added to these cars.

↡ Advertisement

On 12/21/2019 at 3:27 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

Nowadays seldom see any cars with such high mileage 

Soon will have more of such.. Coz more and more private hire cars on the road.. Some of them clocked about 10k km per month.. So in 3 to 4 years time.. This 300plus k km mileage will be quite common.. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Wah respect respect, haha. 321 or 321 does not make any diff. I suppose you are quite a gentle driver ? 

not always. Tho it has been thru major tough times and the gb/engine is still strong. i.e, first owner missed a few oil changes.(family car) At the moment,  the major issue is that it guzzles petrol fast.

1 hour ago, markw12 said:

not always. Tho it has been thru major tough times and the gb/engine is still strong. i.e, first owner missed a few oil changes.(family car) At the moment,  the major issue is that it guzzles petrol fast.

Like how bad is the FC?

On 12/21/2019 at 3:37 PM, markw12 said:

Struggling to get better f/c with my Axio lol

20191221_153545.jpg

this was yesterday's and this is today morning's cold startup. the last i was able to clock was 480km (on full tank)

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-22 at 10.16.03.jpeg

Edited by markw12
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Soon will have more of such.. Coz more and more private hire cars on the road.. Some of them clocked about 10k km per month.. So in 3 to 4 years time.. This 300plus k km mileage will be quite common.. 

in addition to PHV , there are more COE cars, these cars will clock more milage over the entire 15 to 20 years lifespan. 

2 hours ago, markw12 said:

this was yesterday's and this is today morning's cold startup. the last i was able to clock was 480km (on full tank)

Unable to tell how bad is bad, what is the average km per liter over a period of time ? 

My Altis is getting about 10.5km per liter only. 

2 hours ago, markw12 said:

Full tank with 480km seems very good already. My car's also on cvt, full tank average only 350km.

6 hours ago, Rootkie said:

Full tank with 480km seems very good already. My car's also on cvt, full tank average only 350km.

How many Litres.?

9 hours ago, markw12 said:

thats quite bad considering the size of the tires and the weight of the car. 

On 12/19/2019 at 10:54 PM, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

CVT is rubbish! Period! Case closed!

i don't complain when the CVT + hybrid gives me 20L/km (and cost me 70 dollars in petrol for 1000km) on my road trip [:p]

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Unable to tell how bad is bad, what is the average km per liter over a period of time ? 

My Altis is getting about 10.5km per liter only. 

paiseh, mine's about 11.4km/l. my other axio kakis can get 12-13km/l, but I guess its due to more highway than city.

1 hour ago, markw12 said:

paiseh, mine's about 11.4km/l. my other axio kakis can get 12-13km/l, but I guess its due to more highway than city.

Axio is a reliable car. But it's still a car with older technology. So can't compare FC with the newer cars on road. 

Thanks for all your input, guys.

Decided to renew COE. Went to Komoco yesterday. Our son got into the Accent's rear and his hair touched the roof lining 😆 Avante only slightly bigger and the black interior didn't help. Anyway, son taking lessons so better for him to start driving a non-new car.

Was brought upstairs for a sneak peak at the Hyundai Venue. $85K before discount, looks like a streamlined and upsized version of our old Matrix! KMC launching it next month.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Thanks for all your input, guys.

Decided to renew COE. Went to Komoco yesterday. Our son got into the Accent's rear and his hair touched the roof lining 😆 Avante only slightly bigger and the black interior didn't help. Anyway, son taking lessons so better for him to start driving a non-new car.

Was brought upstairs for a sneak peak at the Hyundai Venue. $85K before discount, looks like a streamlined and upsized version of our old Matrix! KMC launching it next month.

What car model you renewing?

4 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

What car model you renewing?

Jan 2010 Sylphy auto. Still getting 8l/100km so can't complain. 

↡ Advertisement