Hyundai Venue

ferrytales

Seems like KMC will be launching the Hyundai Venue in SG pretty soon, comes in 2 options (Base & 'S" variants). Direct competitor with the Kia Stonic/Honda Vezel with both Venue/Vezel using the NA engines while Stonic is using a 1.0t & DCT.  

Launch price: $80+k

May have CNY sales like what they did for Avante with the $8888 discount promo, looking forward to seeing this car on the roads!

Some key specs:

Engine: 1.6NA (121hp + 154nm) 

Transmission: IVT

photo6053248154918300052.jpg

photo6053248154918300054.jpg

photo6053248154918300053.jpg

photo6055360089121990998.jpg

Venue Brochure.pdf

venue.JPG

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

In my opinion, it should be selling slightly below $80k or perhaps just above as the Avante is at $80k+ and the Stonic is also there. Stonic is a 1.0l Turbo whilst this is a 1.6l NA. Good that Komoco bringing in this model as they don't have a Cat A SUV

• Praise 7

2 hours ago, Spring said:

In my opinion, it should be selling slightly below $80k or perhaps just above as the Avante is at $80k+ and the Stonic is also there. Stonic is a 1.0l Turbo whilst this is a 1.6l NA. Good that Komoco bringing in this model as they don't have a Cat A SUV

Depre for venue might be lower than stonic cause it's in neutral ves band B. According to my se, omv for basic is ard 15k and S model at 17k. Launch price at 82k for basic model and 86k for S model. Prices are always higher during launch too. 

That's the price quoted by my SE whom I had gotten my Avante from. 

• Praise 4

From the engine specs, this is a new dual port injection engine coupled with IVT (a chain driven CVT) and the hp is slightly lower than the current existing 1.6 MPI engine in the Avante.

But from reviews in Korea, whereby the Avante and the Cerato fitted with this new 1.6 dual port injection and IVT transmission, the acceleration timing from 0 to 100km/h is actually faster @ around 10.5 secs compare to our Avante 1.6 MPI engine, despite a slight drop in hp.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Wasted. Should have brought in with the 1.0t dct option

The 1.0T seems to be an India-exclusive engine for now, manufactured in India for Indian market only. Other markets mostly use the Smartstream 1.6, so not surprising to see us getting this engine instead. 

• Praise 2

Argghh.... CVT? No thanks... Give me a 6MT or at least a 6AT anytime. 

Even the Venue S model doesn't have LED headlights, nor any active safety features eg adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, blind spot detection etc... No 360deg camera either, no power driver seat....

Climate control single zone only

Quite ex for $87k considering so many items are missing

Edited by Cheefarn

4 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Argghh.... CVT? No thanks... Give me a 6MT or at least a 6AT anytime. 

Even the Venue S model doesn't have LED headlights, nor any active safety features eg adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, blind spot detection etc... No 360deg camera either, no power driver seat....

Climate control single zone only

Quite ex for $87k considering so many items are missing

every entry level BB  car, you also slime.

pray tell.... what cheap and good car would you buy, given the current offerings in our market?

• Praise 8

16 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

every entry level BB  car, you also slime.

pray tell.... what cheap and good car would you buy, given the current offerings in our market?

Well since we can't get any big power engines at such prices, the rest of the package becomes important. 

For the SAME PRICE I would go for the Avante Elite. At least the aforementioned safety features and power seats are there, and its a bigger car. Wheelbase is longer so typically we can expect a better more comfortable ride. 

Cerato GT Line also can although it has none of the above safety features either. 

Both alternatives comes with factory LED headlights. Avante headlights goes one step further as it is a complex matrix design. 

Edited by Cheefarn

8 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

The name is being applied internationally so yup it is

One glance on the thread title just now, thought it is verna. [:p]

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Well since we can't get any big power engines at such prices, the rest of the package becomes important. 

For the SAME PRICE I would go for the Avante Elite. At least the aforementioned safety features and power seats are there, and its a bigger car. Wheelbase is longer so typically we can expect a better more comfortable ride. 

Cerato GT Line also can although it has none of the above safety features either. 

Both alternatives comes with factory LED headlights. Avante headlights goes one step further as it is a complex matrix design. 

But....

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

My humble opinion, buyer have to set their expectations right when getting a car within a certain budget range. I am not looking down on budget car / entry level model for sure.

Paying for an entry level crossover and expecting to get everything of say a BMW X1 or Mercedes-Benz GLA for example is as unrealistic as expecting MSW for the price of Kampung durian.

Eventually, it is a free market, meet one's budget and expectations => buy, don't fit either or both => look elsewhere. No one here should be forcing our view onto others.

• Praise 14

42 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

My humble opinion, buyer have to set their expectations right when getting a car within a certain budget range. I am not looking down on budget car / entry level model for sure.

Paying for an entry level crossover and expecting to get everything of say a BMW X1 or Mercedes-Benz GLA for example is as unrealistic as expecting MSW for the price of Kampung durian.

Eventually, it is a free market, meet one's budget and expectations => buy, don't fit either or both => look elsewhere. No one here should be forcing our view onto others.

Got a hokkien saying,  ai pee,  ai qing,  ai dua liap nee.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2