Hyundai Venue

ferrytales

On 12/24/2019 at 8:48 AM, Mkl22 said:

every entry level BB  car, you also slime.

pray tell.... what cheap and good car would you buy, given the current offerings in our market?

Kia stonic! Punchy drive with the Turbo and DCT combo

↡ Advertisement

On 12/24/2019 at 6:52 PM, ferrytales said:

Hope the venue has a better build than the stonic. Stonic doors feel really hollow but the avante doors close with a solid thud. 

Will be great if the venue follows the same materials and design methodology of avante such as solid doors, good sound proofing, etc. 

This might just be another hot seller once the price gets more attractive below 80k. Downside is the interior will definitely feel smaller or cheaper than a vezel. I'm comparing against vezel instead of stonic due to the engine capacity and transmission in venue which is similar to the vezel instead of stonic. Stonic at high speeds will get a tad bit noisy due to the 3 cylinder turbo engine and people already complaining bout overheating of the transmission while stuck in Jb jams. 

I believe this is due to Komoco sending their cars for Sound-Clad which makes the Hyundai cars in Singapore quieter than Kias. Correct me if I'm wrong 

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, MarkerPen said:

Kia stonic! Punchy drive with the Turbo and DCT combo

Try higher speeds on nshw or get stuck in a massive causeway jam. 

• Haha! 1

23 hours ago, MarkerPen said:

I believe this is due to Komoco sending their cars for Sound-Clad which makes the Hyundai cars in Singapore quieter than Kias. Correct me if I'm wrong 

No. It's not sound clad. Its undercarriage coating 

7 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

From your personal experience? Or account from someone you know? Or anecdotal?

Written in other thread, owners were complaining about their dct in stonic overheating too. 

On 12/30/2019 at 8:49 PM, ferrytales said:

Try higher speeds on nshw or get stuck in a massive causeway jam. 

Actually, there have been several Stonics hitting 195km/h and above on the speedometer in NSHW and I personally have cruised at 150km/h comfortably. The overheating issue is common to majority Dry Clutch DCTs and can be under control with proper technique. For VW's DQ200 for example, the MU usually fails due to repeated high heat operation. At least in the Stonic, there is a transmission temp gauge for monitoring. What I experienced personally is that you should never allow the car to 'creep' during jams as that will cause the transmission to overheat, you should release the brakes completely, accelerate and fully depressed the brakes instead of just releasing the brakes like you do in an regular automatic.

Well, this is my 2 cents after owning my Stonic for more than 8 months.

• Praise 5

On 12/27/2019 at 11:47 PM, Vinceng said:

The new engine comes with a $10K VES surcharge, that's why the new Cerato and Avante both are using the same engine carried over from the previous model.

First post showed Venue is VES B. You mean they already know the new engine on Avante will have 10K surcharge?

On 1/1/2020 at 10:01 AM, MarkerPen said:

Actually, there have been several Stonics hitting 195km/h and above on the speedometer in NSHW and I personally have cruised at 150km/h comfortably. The overheating issue is common to majority Dry Clutch DCTs and can be under control with proper technique. For VW's DQ200 for example, the MU usually fails due to repeated high heat operation. At least in the Stonic, there is a transmission temp gauge for monitoring. What I experienced personally is that you should never allow the car to 'creep' during jams as that will cause the transmission to overheat, you should release the brakes completely, accelerate and fully depressed the brakes instead of just releasing the brakes like you do in an regular automatic.

Well, this is my 2 cents after owning my Stonic for more than 8 months.

I think Hyundai Tuscon 1.6T with DCT also got this problem of overheating with creeping during traffic jam. Some users resorted to using electronic auto-hold as an alternative to minimize the overheating.

For custom clearance in boleh land, usually the distance between the front and your car is very close. In order to step on the accelerator instead of creeping up, means you need to leave a rather huge gap couple with immediate brake. Like that, sure invite a lot of queue cutters.

Do Venue comes with auto-hold feature?

3 hours ago, BengGaBoy said:

I think Hyundai Tuscon 1.6T with DCT also got this problem of overheating with creeping during traffic jam. Some users resorted to using electronic auto-hold as an alternative to minimize the overheating.

For custom clearance in boleh land, usually the distance between the front and your car is very close. In order to step on the accelerator instead of creeping up, means you need to leave a rather huge gap couple with immediate brake. Like that, sure invite a lot of queue cutters.

Do Venue comes with auto-hold feature?

Venue - mechanical handbrake, so definitely no autohold.

Autohold? I think you mean shift to M mode at causeway, so that gear stays in 1st gear when inching forward. This is common with all dual clutch systems, not isolated to hyundai's DCT only

15 hours ago, assiak71 said:

First post showed Venue is VES B. You mean they already know the new engine on Avante will have 10K surcharge?

VES B is neutral right?

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, jadesun said:

Venue - mechanical handbrake, so definitely no autohold.

Autohold? I think you mean shift to M mode at causeway, so that gear stays in 1st gear when inching forward. This is common with all dual clutch systems, not isolated to hyundai's DCT only

I never own a car with auto-hold before.

What I think it is when you come to a complete stop, the auto-hold will take over the brake and you need not have to step on your brake. In this mode, the DCT will fully disengage and not cause overheating. When you need to move off, you have to step on the accelerator and the auto-hold will be release.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, BengGaBoy said:

What I think it is when you come to a complete stop, the auto-hold will take over the brake and you need not have to step on your brake. In this mode, the DCT will fully disengage and not cause overheating. When you need to move off, you have to step on the accelerator and the auto-hold will be release.

Yes you are not wrong. auto-hold helps to take your foot off the brake pedal, but it's not the main remedy for DCT overheating, only prevents muscle ache 😅

what I mean is DCTs usually shift quickly to gear 2 at low speeds, inching in causeway jams causes the gearbox to hold at gear 2 instead of gear 1 longer than it should which, which causes overheating and early failure. hence to preserve yr gearbox you should always shift it to manual gear 1 in jams when there is a need to inch forward, rather than wait for the car in front to completely move off before accelerating, which will cause slower traffic at the causeway 😅

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, BengGaBoy said:

Like what the other bro said, the auto hold only "steps" on the brake for you when you stop. Heard by using manual gear will prevent clutch overheating using jams cause it prevents the gearbox from switching to gear 2 and down to gear 1 again when you stop, and it repeats many times during stop and go and which overheats the clutch. I am driving a DSG car but I hope I won't get into this situation as I don't drive to MY. 

I find the venue looks proportionally weird when I saw one on the road. The short wheelbase and tall stance makes it looks kinda cartoonish.

For DCT it's better to shift the gear to Neutral at the traffic lights to disengage the dry clutch. You have to treat it like a manual.

↡ Advertisement