Hyundai Venue

ferrytales

10 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

yeah even the tucson 2.0na is cheaper than the 1.6t.

Heard 2L no power, but 1.6L Turbo more power so more petrol thirsty lor. Maybe the car is heavy as well. I just don't like the +10k VES so I gave up on the model. 

↡ Advertisement

35 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

yeah even the tucson 2.0na is cheaper than the 1.6t.

The Tucson 1.6T esp the Sunroof model specs are way higher than the base 2L MPi bro. The sunroof version comes with full active safety package which include blind spot detection, lane departure warning etc. And the leather is factory fitted and the front seats are vented and heated. It also have heated wing mirrors.. 😄 and wireless phone charger. Full auto dual zone climate control... 2L got 3 manual knobs.. 😞 

Of cos, obvious ext differences eg LED headlights and tailights for the 1.6T. 2L NA also drinks more than the 1.6 

2 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Heard 2L no power, but 1.6L Turbo more power so more petrol thirsty lor. Maybe the car is heavy as well. I just don't like the +10k VES so I gave up on the model. 

They should sell a downtuned 1.6l turbo to below 130hp for cat A then add in an optional package for tuning upgrade. 🤣

Just like what they did with a downtuned 1.4t for i30 and buyers can just have it tuned outside. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, ferrytales said:

shouldn't it be the opposite, suvs omv are higher thus the higher price? Even for vezel omv is high but due to ves rebate, the parf is lower but price is high as there is a demand for it so PIs can afford to sell it at a higher price (lower than HRV definitely). 

if kmc drops the price to around 80k for the venue basic model with 15k omv, depre is about 7.3k/annum which ain't too bad for a compact SUV in SG context. 

That's exactly what I meant, SUVs are more costly to manufacture hence OMV is higher and this translates to higher price as compared to saloons. Was comparing this new Venue to Avante so if Venue OMV is lower than Avante than its quite fair but of course the Avante may have additional features which justifies the higher OMV as well.

Anyway, need to try the car and see in the flesh and perhaps compare with Stonic to get a good picture of whether worth to buy or not.

• Praise 3

On 12/23/2019 at 8:36 PM, Heartbreakid said:

From the engine specs, this is a new dual port injection engine coupled with IVT (a chain driven CVT) and the hp is slightly lower than the current existing 1.6 MPI engine in the Avante.

But from reviews in Korea, whereby the Avante and the Cerato fitted with this new 1.6 dual port injection and IVT transmission, the acceleration timing from 0 to 100km/h is actually faster @ around 10.5 secs compare to our Avante 1.6 MPI engine, despite a slight drop in hp.

Will there be an updated avante in sg with the new engine?

4 hours ago, assiak71 said:

Will there be an updated avante in sg with the new engine?

I am not sure but I don't think there will be. Why? Because if the new 1.6 engine is on sale with the Avante, current Avante owners will be shortchanged. Ideally if KMC want to intro the new 1.6 engine, it should be done when the facelifted Avante is introduced here.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

The new engine comes with a $10K VES surcharge, that's why the new Cerato and Avante both are using the same engine carried over from the previous model.

• Shocked 1

9 hours ago, Vinceng said:

The new engine comes with a $10K VES surcharge, that's why the new Cerato and Avante both are using the same engine carried over from the previous model.

From LTA Fuel Cost Calculator site, Venue falls in Band B, no surcharge to be seen. Did they try testing the Avante or Cerato with this new Smartstream engine? 

On 12/26/2019 at 2:51 PM, Spring said:

The Tucson 1.6T is quite a drinker. This Venue is supposedly more fuel efficient with the new IVT at least that's what they claimed cos 2 injectors per cylinder, 1 for low rev and 1 for high rev.

Interesting... the turbo was supposed to reduce the fuel consumption... but I guess the driver gets addicted to the turbo surge and so keeps the revs up to keep the engine in the power band and this has adverse impact on fuel consumption? Anyway the reviews for fuel consumption for the 1.6 L turbo not many around... doesn't seem so popular internationally...

On 12/27/2019 at 9:56 AM, ferrytales said:

They should sell a downtuned 1.6l turbo to below 130hp for cat A then add in an optional package for tuning upgrade. 🤣

Just like what they did with a downtuned 1.4t for i30 and buyers can just have it tuned outside. 

The point of this 1.6 L turbo is to replace the 2.0 L & 2.4 L NA for better fuel consumption and better emissions... the 1.4 L turbo is better suited for our taxation system or the CAT A COE rather than detune the 1.6 L turbo... theoretically this engine can hit 200 bhp at its highest tune state...

11 hours ago, Vinceng said:

You mean the new 1.6 L NA engine? Aiyoh... that's surely a disaster for both Komoco and Hyundai customers...

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

You mean the new 1.6 L NA engine? Aiyoh... that's surely a disaster for both Komoco and Hyundai customers...

If there is a ves charge of 10k and venue is still selling at such a competitive price then that's sure attractive. 

4 hours ago, teomingern said:

Interesting... the turbo was supposed to reduce the fuel consumption... but I guess the driver gets addicted to the turbo surge and so keeps the revs up to keep the engine in the power band and this has adverse impact on fuel consumption? Anyway the reviews for fuel consumption for the 1.6 L turbo not many around... doesn't seem so popular internationally...

One of our MCF bros won a weekend drive in the Tucson 1.6T n he was kind enough to invite me to try the car. Overall, I was impressed with the car n its power is sufficient. Only complaint was the FC but maybe cos the turbo was addictive so we revved the car like what someone mentioned😃👍

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Spring said:

One of our MCF bros won a weekend drive in the Tucson 1.6T n he was kind enough to invite me to try the car. Overall, I was impressed with the car n its power is sufficient. Only complaint was the FC but maybe cos the turbo was addictive so we revved the car like what someone mentioned😃👍

Hey... power is addictive leh... I ever drove a 4.0 L Ford Falcon in Australia before... you stepping down on the pedal and feeling the surge is a shiok feeling you can get over leh... ha ha...

Looks like a Hyundai Matrix reborn. Inside looks plastic-ky, Accent-level, hence pricing shd be competitive. If got big boot space and back seat fold down flat (like Matrix), will be a Ikea-friendly utility car. Hope can launch in Motorshow 2020, CNY usually got 1 -2 bid COE will plunge big time. With supply reducing, Now, more than ever, is the best time to buy.  

On 12/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, teomingern said:

The point of this 1.6 L turbo is to replace the 2.0 L & 2.4 L NA for better fuel consumption and better emissions... the 1.4 L turbo is better suited for our taxation system or the CAT A COE rather than detune the 1.6 L turbo... theoretically this engine can hit 200 bhp at its highest tune state...

201hp to be exact. See Cerato GT, Elantra Sport and Veloster Turbo

On 12/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, teomingern said:

Once again, SG gov policies prohibits tech advancement. High tech, high efficiency engines got penalized while ancient engines eg Vios 1.5 and Altis 1.6 escaped the tax... 

↡ Advertisement