Hyundai Venue

ferrytales

4 minutes ago, Sopskysalat said:

Well, to me, it is not how much dealer makes, but what depreciation i can afford. That's all. I wish to own a Merc but even if their margin is thin but high depreciation, I will not buy it because I can't. 

Don't developer margin is high too for condo? Many are still buying. haha.

Well condos don't depreciate as much as cars and in fact have a good chance of appreciation so not a good comparison. Anyway I think the margin for Venue is fair for a new launched car and the depreciation of around $8k for the S model is also reasonable.

I think what u mean is more on affordability rather than depreciation. Of course, even if premium cars sell at cost, most of us won't even be able bite so fair or not is irrelevant. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

On 1/8/2020 at 8:52 AM, 13177 said:

You saw venue on sg road?

Yalor. It has a registered number. Maybe it's a test drive unit but it doesnt have a test drive 4 digit tag. The name "V E N U E" at the butt cant be missed as I stopped directly behind it at the lights.

2 hours ago, Sopskysalat said:

Well, to me, it is not how much dealer makes, but what depreciation i can afford. That's all. I wish to own a Merc but even if their margin is thin but high depreciation, I will not buy it because I can't. 

It's more to do with your income level right?

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Yalor. It has a registered number. Maybe it's a test drive unit but it doesnt have a test drive 4 digit tag. The name "V E N U E" at the butt cant be missed as I stopped directly behind it at the lights.

Could be a test drive unit also since  i noticed some test drive unit might have a registered number for some AD?!

(edited)
18 hours ago, 13177 said:

Could be a test drive unit also since  i noticed some test drive unit might have a registered number for some AD?!

yes, hyundai test drive units have car plate number to them. In fact most ADs have that, same for Kia/Mitsubishi/Mazda. 

Its always the same numbers. 

Edited by ferrytales

4 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

yes, hyundai test drive units have car plate number to them. In fact most ADs have that, same for Kia/Mitsubishi/Mazda. 

Its always the same numbers. 

Those AD keeps recycle the number plate to every newly launched model, and usually these number always quite nice de.

Having seen this model at the motorshow, this crossover is nice. Decent room all round though boot can be slightly bigger. This model can do better with a 1.0 turbo too.

• Praise 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:35 PM, 13177 said:

Lower cost that's why...

On 1/13/2020 at 1:27 PM, Sopskysalat said:

At the end, it's always about how much you can afford - the down payment, the monthly installments, the running costs, which makes or breaks the deal. Depreciation is only on paper. Unless you're looking to sell the car every time you get a new car at the 5 year mark, depreciation doesn't really factor into the consideration. If you own the car till it's 10th year, and what you get back really matters to you, then it's the premium you can afford to pay over the base cost of the car that matters. Of course in such a case, the dealer profit margins will matter.

• Praise 2

On 1/10/2020 at 12:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

Look good in metal and very well built. The LCD display is many times better than the one on the new Altis. 

A69D8W6.jpg

ne60zUm.jpg

8520mfJ.jpg

tUTSVbU.jpg

why no rear aircon vent? and if is using the new engine?

The netting at behind of the 2 front seats.

They bloody looked like taxi style!!!!

Why they make a private car manufactured at 2020 with those kind of netting?!

14 hours ago, Jusnel said:

It's really a choice that the manufacturer has to make... don't think it costs different... some people prefer nets...

14 hours ago, Jusnel said:

Notice many hyundai models are using the netting design.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:00 PM, Jusnel said:

hahah audi a3 a4 are using the net designs... to each his/her own i guess

Anyone test driven the Venue yet? Any comments? Looking to visit their showroom soon to test drive it.

Currently thinking between Kia Stonic and Hyundai Venue. Both cars about the same except for the 1.0 turbo vs 1.6

On 1/30/2020 at 10:50 AM, jadesun said:

hahah audi a3 a4 are using the net designs... to each his/her own i guess

Even the last gen e class use net. BUT I NEVER hear or read a single comment from anyone it look like taxi. So you see badge does wonders. 

5 hours ago, danielphua82 said:

Anyone test driven the Venue yet? Any comments? Looking to visit their showroom soon to test drive it.

Currently thinking between Kia Stonic and Hyundai Venue. Both cars about the same except for the 1.0 turbo vs 1.6

I'm curious how the Venue compares with the Stonic in terms of its drive. My money's on the Stonic being more fun to drive. Do update if you manage to test both, please.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1